Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-09-20, 06:04 AM  
Cher

Total Max Mixers - Week of Aug 9

Starting us off for the week.

Yesterday I started out going for a bike ride but about 5 minutes after I left, a friend of mine from WW called and asked if I wanted to come over and sit outside and visit for a few minutes, so I ended up riding by bike over her house. I ended up visiting with her for about 2-1/2 hours! (Sitting outside on her patio). We’ve talked a few times during quarantine but I’ve missed her so much. She is 78 years old but she is a young 78. We’ve gotten to be really good friends over the years from talking mainly at WW. It was so good to see her!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-20, 06:12 AM  
Cher

Gibbee - Oh man! I’m so sorry you and your DH are still dealing with all this with his health. I can’t even begin to imagine how hard all this is for you both mentally and physically. Still sending prayers your way.
I was amazed at your video with your deer. I can’t believe they don’t run when you get that close to them! I see them come out of the woods in back of my house when I’m out on my patio but if I get up or move, they run!
Old 08-09-20, 07:09 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi everyone. Wow the weekend is almost over.

Cher so nice that you got to visit with your friend. It gets so lonely sometimes with this COVID business. I know she enjoyed it too. If Florida was not such a hotspot I would likely visit a friend outdoors occasionally.

Cher I am actually glad I am still working. DH retired about 1.5 years ago but even though I am an introvert I need the routine of work, the intellectual challenge, and some social contact. I love Ben dearly but not ready to spend all our days together FT yet.

We had a brief shower before my run today which made it extra humid so I had to walk more but did get it done.

Gibbee I’m sorry DH is still having health problems. Thinking of you both. Our neurologists started back FT seeing patients in early May, after about 6 weeks I think, so your situation with neuro seems odd.

Waves to Jbliff and Vannie. Gotta go, KarenG
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-20, 07:11 AM  
Cher

I went for about an hour bike ride yesterday to make up for not going on Saturday.

Karin - I’m thinking when DH retires, I may possibly go get a job at Target or something. Maybe just for the Christmas season and to get a break from DH and to maybe help with paying for some kind of healthcare insurance for Joseph for right now. I don’t know for sure. I used to do accounting type work years ago but I really don’t want a “real” job. Lol. Just something maybe a couple days a week.
Old 08-10-20, 07:49 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was 30 minutes on the elliptical + Rodney Yee's Ultimate Yoga PM Restoration segment. Saturday's workout was ICE Chiseled Lower Body + abs.

Gibbee - My heart goes out to you. Hugs.

Karjoy, Cher - There is definitely an adjustment to being together 24/7, especially now during the pandemic. Luckily our house is big enough that we go for hours doing our own thing without seeing or hearing each other

Hi to Vannie. Have a good day, everyone.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-20, 03:58 PM  
Vantreesta

Cheryl, so glad you got to visit with your friend! I wish they were using the term physical distancing instead of social distancing. It implies we have to be little islands even though commercials keep encouraging us to keep in contact with people. Semantics, I know, just a little pet peeve.

Karen, I haven't run since Wednesday again. I don't know what my deal is!

JBliff, I need to pull out Rodney's Ultimate Yoga. I always forget about that one.

Gibbee, sending hugs.

I don't remember what I last posted. Friday all I did was the DYY challenge bc I felt exhausted again. Saturday night late I actually did an episode of Happy Yoga With Sarah Starr before bed. I had a terrible headache and anxiety and thought it might help. Yesterday I didn't do anything. I gotta get back to being active on wknds. Taking a rest is one thing but sitting in front of the TV for nearly two whole days is just not good for me!This morning I did the DYY challenge before our walk. I was supposed to run errands but I've been downloading some videos that are taking forever and still going so I haven't gone anywhere since my phone is my hotspot and only internet. I did do S11E12 of Classical Stretch. Of course, I feel like I did nothing but I'm still counting it.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-20, 08:19 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was Fit Split Low Impact/Metabolic Training.

We had a nice 2-hour Zoom call with our friends in TX yesterday. These were the friends we were supposed to visit in March when everything ground to a halt. It is nice to actually see people and catch up with them rather than just talking to them on the phone.

Vannie - Good point on saying physical distancing rather than social distancing. I never thought about it but you're right.

Hi to everyone. Have a good day.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-20, 08:30 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi all. Short post: I have had 2 late nights after work with various meetings/appts. Last night I knocked out several sets of barbell lunges and squats, with 30 and 40# which felt great so hopefully I can keep up with Cathe in the new series with some heavier weights. Have to rest today, too late to work out.

Jbliff we have a pretty big house too so DH and I can do our own thing for hours if we need to! I have had some decent Zoom meetings with family and friends too.

Yes I much prefer the term physical distancing too. It’s bad enough that we can’t hug a friend and I don’t even shake hands with patients anymore. And as a runner who breathes heavily in this heat I see people flinch when we pass on the sidewalk. I do try to stay as far away as I can. Just not human...

Cher working at Target might really suit you PT. I love our Target. The folks who work there are always sweet and friendly.

Vannie your mojo will come back. We all have those days.

Waves to you dear Gibbee, kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-20, 06:37 AM  
Cher

Sunday I went for about a 50 minute bike ride. Monday’s workout was Erin O’Brien Strong Body, Ageless Body. Yesterday’s workout was Jenny Ford Step across America North Dakota and the warm-up, section 1, and cool down from March Across America California, Travis Elliot Yin Yoga Flow & Go on YouTube.

Found out yesterday our WW (Weight Watchers) is opening next week and I’m ready to go back. Masks are a must and I heard they are only letting about 25 in the meetings (normally holds about 75). I will have to leave early so I can get in right when they open.

JBliff - I‘m going to wish my house was that big When Darrell retires! Lucky you! . That’s nice you did a Zoom call with your friends.

Vannie - Totally agree about the term social distancing. How to do like Sarah Starr’s yoga? I got a couple dvds from someone and there are also some free on Amazon Prime but I don’t think I’ve ever done any.

Karen - Good job on the lunges and squats!
Old 08-12-20, 09:01 AM  
Vantreesta

Cheryl, for me Happy Yoga has been extremely easy so far, but sometimes that's just right, you know? She has an interesting speech cadence or accent or smthg but I can't put my finger on it. It doesn't bother me but it might some people. The scenery is gorgeous and that's a huge plus. I wouldn't want these for my main yoga diet but they're kind of more like enjoying a cup of tea. All of the ones I have done have been chair yoga except for one, which was labeled intermediate. In my opinion it was still beginner. HTH!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote