Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-08-16, 06:40 AM  
sherry7899

OT -Getting rid of cable

We currently have Verizon Fios. We use it for our internet and landline (which we may be getting rid of also).

We are frustrated by the cost, and the continual problems with using on demand. A lot of times it does not load. Anytime I call for technical support they want me to disconnect the cable box hookups, which is a pain for two our tvs since they are in entertainment centers and it's really hard to get to the hook ups. The reception for some channels is not great either (and we live in a pretty populated area with flat landscape-no mountains to interfere with reception). There are also a ton of channels we NEVER watch.

If you have cut the cord from cable, what do you use? We still want the major networks and would also like to get local news if that is possible.
I will miss the variety of PBS stations we have, though. We get them from NYC, NJ and two areas of Pennsylvania.

I am going to look into Hulu and Roku.

We see tv ads for using antennas, but I have a feeling they would not work well in our area.

Any input would be welcome.

Thank you !
Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cable, canceling cable, cord cutting, internet provider