Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-16-20, 06:21 PM  
patchworkpenguin

I got to start a new page in my workout journal. It seems like I just said that after it being forever but here it is time to change again! Starting a new page makes me ridiculously happy

I've tried an experiment over the past month or so. I tend to get sore, very sore, from 'not very strenuous' {in my mind} workouts especially legwork. I know some consider getting sore a hallmark of a good, effective workout, but I prefer not to get sore because its embarrassing to 'walk funny' and moan and groan when I move . I always stretch well after any workout, tailored to the workout {more stretches for the area I worked the most} but I started to wonder if it was the stretches at all?! So I started to make sure I did a good 'cool down' section, walking slower for a few minutes between the actual workout part and the stretching and that seems to have made all the difference. A lot of workouts tend to skip, this so I've had to make sure to do it on my own including walking in place during the upper body stretches whenever possible.

Happy to hear that I'm a trend setter when it comes to barre workouts! I admit to preferring the easier workouts that focus on squats, because I consider them the easy workout but I'm hoping to work my way up to the different versions, but probably not floorwork. I like paring them with cardio afterwards. I'm just excited to find something new and interesting besides walking workouts. It will be interesting to compare notes on what we like and dislike.

I made chili in the crockpot today. i was planning on having it for lunch tomorrow with fresh cornbread and then leftovers for the weekend. My parents came over today so that Dad could add trim to the last replaced window. this is the one in my DR. we don't actually eat in the DR but have split the table lengthwise into two desks. This window is behind me but its also the main window to look out the front of the house. We actually have a huge window in the front of the LR but it is covered with curtains, bookshelves and our flatscreeen.

Today was UTTB fitness mashup. I found a 6m warmup walk, followed it with 6m standing abs, Move into 2019 {i'm sure I've done this at least twice} followed by a 6m Cooldown walk. I was disappointed in the CD walk because she started us laying on the ground, this would have been better labeled a stretch workout. So I walked in place for a few minutes then stretched on my own, as usual. I like having something playing while I stretch, even if I'm doing my own thing.

Nora, sorry to hear the cottage is closed up. its always a disappointment to come home after an extended trip, or even a short one.

Terri, I can relate to your mood, but I hope you get back to normal soon. I hope you like the workout. and that it perks you up

SB, glad you got to visit with your sister. Hope you find a good workout dvd.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote