Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-18-13, 11:55 AM  
topfitmama

Fitness Dreams

And by this I mean real dreams that you've had While You Were Sleeping -sans Sandra Bullock and Bill Pullman-

This morning I nodded back off to sleep when I realized it was Sunday, and had a very vivid dream. In my dream, I ran into a woman I met while I was doing an ESL course 13 years ago. Her name was Shelly (Knight).
I knew she didn't want to be recognized or associated with P57, but I still wanted to let her know how much I love her workouts and her as the advanced modifier, so I found a way to let her know. I woke up before she had a chance to respond.
It took me a minute or so to shake the feeling of star-struckedness and to remember that my friend's name is not Shelly, although she has a similar figure!
Crazy, eh?

Any funny fitness dreams?
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-13, 12:00 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

That's hysterical!

I did have a crazy dream about Tracy Anderson when I was doing her workouts a couple of years ago. I can't remember what happened, but it really cracked me up when I woke up and thought about it.

Honestly, I'm surprised I don't dream about my fitness peeps more often. I see them everyday, after all!
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-13, 02:31 PM  
Mandy

I had a dream that Billy blanks and Shelly came to my house to lead a Tae Bo live workout. I was so embarrassed because I was in my pajama's and toys were all over the floor. And the house I lived in, was a house I have never seen before.
I've had other fitness related dreams with Chalene and Cathe, but the Billy Blanks dream was recently.
Old 08-18-13, 09:24 PM  
MomOf2Gremlins

LOL too funny, Ruth!

I can't remember exactly any specific dream but I think I had one or two dreams where a fitness instructor was involved (meeting her somewhere, being in one of the workouts, something like that )....

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-13, 09:27 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

I've only had one fitness dream about an instructor. It was about having a push up competition with Tony Horton! We were side by side pumping out the push ups and I could see sweat pouring down his face.

I woke up that morning and my pectoral muscles had serious DOMs.

I have a couple of other dreams about doing an exercise, and I've waken up the next morning with serious DOMS in that area. I only wish that I could actually program myself before bedtime on what body part I want to work while I'm sleeping. It seems to work great.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-13, 10:44 PM  
Honeydew

Here's one of mine http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=36357

haha here's another http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=99956

Looks like I must have been terrified of Cathe! heheh!
Honeydew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-13, 12:09 AM  
Lizzo
VF Supporter

I had a dream recently where I finally convinced myself to do that P90x rotation. When I started doing one of the routines, something seemed off to me. Tony was straining himself terribly and looked like he was going to get injured. His face was beet red and his eyes started bulging out of their sockets. Then he bursts into laughter and reveals he was using fake, plastic dumb bells and started lecturing about proper form. His background exercisers started laughing too, but you could tell they were faking it to play along.

http://musingsofafitnessjunkie.blogspot.com
Lizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-13, 01:01 AM  
topfitmama

Nuggie's Auntie,
The funny thing is, I haven't done a P57 workout all summer!

Debbie S,
how funny that you woke up with DOMS! It sure would be nice if we could program fitness dreams like that!

Mandy,
Hahaha that's too funny!

Lizzo,
Perhaps that dream was a revelation you were meant to share with us...
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-13, 01:55 AM  
RedPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie S. View Post
I've only had one fitness dream about an instructor. It was about having a push up competition with Tony Horton! We were side by side pumping out the push ups and I could see sweat pouring down his face.

I woke up that morning and my pectoral muscles had serious DOMs.

I have a couple of other dreams about doing an exercise, and I've waken up the next morning with serious DOMS in that area. I only wish that I could actually program myself before bedtime on what body part I want to work while I'm sleeping. It seems to work great.
That is hilarious!

I have a recurrent dream that I'm attending a specific gym, which doesn't resemble any I've ever been to in my life. It's fitted out in red and blue (just like my workout room). The weights and cardio machines are downstairs, while the boxing classes are held upstairs.

Then I dream I get lost on the way home.
Old 08-19-13, 02:33 AM  
BalletCat

I am renovating a house at the moment. Last week I had to help my DH carry a sofa upstairs and realized that my love of barre workouts keeps me in OK shape, but doesn't do much for my upper body strength.

Around the same time as the sofa incident I had a dream about Kelly Coffey Meyer, I don't remember it well but she just appeared in my dream saying "do one of my workouts". Since then I've replaced my barre workouts with weights oriented workouts which include more traditional exercises (I have one KCM DVD, and just ordered another). I have this feeling that my body needs to get back to some traditional strength training and I think that is what my subconscious was trying to tell me!

Tags
dreams - weird