Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-15, 03:24 PM  
acescholar

Question How long *exactly* is Tonique FF Phase 2

Okay, so every time I break up Femme Fatale Phase 2, I think I'm doing 90 mins and then I have 30 left. But I always have more than 30, even accounting for short water breaks. Now maybe I'm not quite getting to 90, but still there seems more left over than there should be. I think it's longer than 2 hours.

Has anyone actually timed the phase? TIA

Also, does anyone know what move precisely is at the 90 minute mark. I try (and usually fail) to make it to the second leg's cardio switch kicks, but that seems several minutes past 90.

Any other break downs for FF would also be appreciated!
acescholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-15, 08:36 PM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

I think its actually 2 hours and 10 minutes.
Old 04-20-15, 05:45 AM  
acescholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Bot View Post
I think its actually 2 hours and 10 minutes.
Thanks so much Ali -- that's more like what it seems to me!
Old 04-20-15, 06:14 AM  
momof10

It's 128 minutes to be exact. I am not sure what move is at the 90 minute mark. Our check in usually says its when she starts the break dance moves in plank. LOL

Cheryl
Old 04-20-15, 09:58 AM  
acescholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof10 View Post
It's 128 minutes to be exact. I am not sure what move is at the 90 minute mark. Our check in usually says its when she starts the break dance moves in plank. LOL

Cheryl
Thanks Cheryl--I'm glad to know I wasn't imagining the extra minutes!

Is the break dance move the one where you roll over from a crunch to a mountain climber/side kick?
Old 04-20-15, 10:33 AM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by acescholar View Post

Is the break dance move the one where you roll over from a crunch to a mountain climber/side kick?
I don't know what Cheryl's check-in calls the breakdance move. But I do remember the move that you're describing. I had to look at the screen a few times to make sure that I got all the moves down. There's a push-up in that sequence of moves too.
Old 04-20-15, 11:03 AM  
momof10

Quote:

No, that move is about is around the 100 minute mark and that one is a toughie. Personally, I think the last 38 minutes of Phase 2 is the most challenging of the whole Phase 2. The first 90 minutes I can do without any dread but when I do all of Phase 2 that last 38 minutes gives me some dread. The roll backs to standing jumps are endless and I think after the move you talked about the roll over from crunch to a mountain climber/side kick one. The roll backs to standing jumps I can't do since my total hip replacement, yet. I roll back onto an 8" step with a mat on it.

Cheryl
Old 04-21-15, 04:51 AM  
acescholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen S View Post
I don't know what Cheryl's check-in calls the breakdance move. But I do remember the move that you're describing. I had to look at the screen a few times to make sure that I got all the moves down. There's a push-up in that sequence of moves too.
Yes, I had to rewind to get the it all down! At first I thought, "no way," but I actually really like this combo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof10 View Post
No, that move is about is around the 100 minute mark and that one is a toughie. Personally, I think the last 38 minutes of Phase 2 is the most challenging of the whole Phase 2. The first 90 minutes I can do without any dread but when I do all of Phase 2 that last 38 minutes gives me some dread. The roll backs to standing jumps are endless and I think after the move you talked about the roll over from crunch to a mountain climber/side kick one. The roll backs to standing jumps I can't do since my total hip replacement, yet. I roll back onto an 8" step with a mat on it.

Cheryl
I agree -- lots of tough moves in those minutes! I also have trouble with the roll backs; funny thing, I can do them fine holding a med ball (Amy Bento does these in Kickboxing Surge), but I have a much harder time getting back up with just body weight. I often have to use my hand to assist me. I'm going to try them both ways and try and figure out what makes the difference. The step is a great idea; that is still a very tough move.

Last night when I was doing Royale, I thought the move where she lifts one leg in down dog and then pulls the other leg through into a crouch and toe touch seemed break-dancey. I can't remember if that move was in FF, but it seems there was one like it. I'll look for it next time I do FF2-90, and maybe I'll recognize which one it is.

Thanks!
Old 04-21-15, 08:19 AM  
momof10

Quote:
Yes, I had to rewind to get the it all down! At first I thought, "no way," but I actually really like this combo.

I agree -- lots of tough moves in those minutes! I also have trouble with the roll backs; funny thing, I can do them fine holding a med ball (Amy Bento does these in Kickboxing Surge), but I have a much harder time getting back up with just body weight. I often have to use my hand to assist me. I'm going to try them both ways and try and figure out what makes the difference. The step is a great idea; that is still a very tough move.

Last night when I was doing Royale, I thought the move where she lifts one leg in down dog and then pulls the other leg through into a crouch and toe touch seemed break-dancey. I can't remember if that move was in FF, but it seems there was one like it. I'll look for it next time I do FF2-90, and maybe I'll recognize which one it is.

Thanks!
The move you are talking about in Royale is one of her new moves, so it isn't in Phase 2. I did Royale yesterday and this morning I did the first 90 minutes of Phase 2, much easier for me than Royale. I watched the time to see where the 90 minute mark is. It's right after the planks she does with the weight in one hand and reaches out and then does the other arm. The move that comes right at the 90 minute mark are the mountain climbers to the knee move. I hope that helps you.

Cheryl
Old 04-21-15, 05:43 PM  
s2546

cheryl- you are amazing. that's all i can say, thank you

sue
s2546 is offline   Reply With Quote