Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-20, 06:01 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Today I did Bar Method Beginners Workout with Joey. I did it outside so Meow Meow could play in the grass.

Yesterday I did Gilad's Quick Fit arms and shoulders.

I'm usually home and rarely see anyone so I don't have a problem with social distancing. It's my normal.

There was a tragic death in my SO's family. His father was burned in a house fire. He'll be here for a few days right after the funeral before he goes back to work.

I'll be back on Tuesday or Wednesday. Have a nice weekend.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-20, 06:17 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Oh no Linda; that's so awful!!! Sending extra (((hugs))) to you and your man; take care of yourselves.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-20, 07:40 PM  
JustSandra

Hello!

No workout for me yesterday -- it was just too flippin' hot!

Today's Workout: Classical Stretch 1310.

Linda: That's such sad news. Sending thoughts and prayers to you and your SO. Take care, and give Miss MM a skritch from me.

Would you believe I am about to take some time off?? I know it sounds strange after having been at home for almost two months. However, now that our library's curbside service routine is up and running, the plain fact is that there is not a lot for the full crew of four people to do. My brother's passing occurred right before I went back to work and I am still processing losing a sibling. So I'm going to take about a week off, using some of my PTO stash. Am hoping to get back to the daily walks that are so helpful for me.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-20, 08:05 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Sandra, I'm sure taking the time off makes sense. It's been very hot here the past few days too, but Sunday's high is only 58. Are you going to get some cooler weather for walking as well?

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 05-28-20, 09:12 PM  
YogaGal

Sorry to be MIA. Shortly before Memorial Day weekend, DH decided to start work on a backyard project before our intense heat wave hit. We painted and moved a small water fountain and added some more sod to give us more grass in our backyard. This involved plumbing work to add/extend sprinkler lines to the new areas. We also had a lot of shrub trimming to go along with it. I helped a bit here and there, but DH did most of the difficult work while I was busy refilling his water bottle and making sure he took breaks to drink and eat.

My other drama for the week started on Sunday morning when a chunk of filling popped out while I was eating a bowl of cereal. The filling must have been holding the tooth together somewhat because while the tooth remained intact in my gum, it had a slight fracture with a small piece of it jutting inward. I called the emergency number for my dentist, and here it was Sunday of Memorial Day weekend, but he scheduled me for Wednesday afternoon at 4. I wasn’t sure if I would need a root canal or an implant. After he looked at an x-ray of the area, he seemed to think that an extraction and implant was the best course of action. It would have required a lot of work (and expense) to try to salvage the tooth and even then it would not have a good prognosis to remain viable. So I figured I would rather spend the money and have a good result, meaning an implant. Amazingly he was able to remove the tooth and put in the post on Wednesday afternoon, so I am relieved to have it taken care of. I'll be giving this a few months to heal before going in for the crown to fill in the hole. It is on the middle of the upper left side (my previous implant was near the back on my right side) and barely visible unless I smile or laugh really big. And since we continue to wear masks in public, that is an easy way to keep it covered up.
Old 05-28-20, 09:16 PM  
YogaGal

I did some Jessica workouts earlier this week:
Monday: Jessica Smith’s Metabolism Booster, “Lower Body Circuit”
Tuesday: Jessica Smith’s 21-Day Plan, “Cardio Core Walk”
Wednesday: Jessica Smith’s Walk Strong 1, “Dynamic Stretch”

I thought of doing something easy today, but then just decided to take a day off.

Sandra: I agree that some personal time off with a lot of walking will be healing for you after the loss of your brother. How nice that you were able to visit with your VF friend! Your high temps last weekend have arrived in Arizona; we hit 109 in my city today and it is expected to last through this weekend.

Paine: I’m so glad that your brown rice was successful. Hopefully it will be easier to find in the future. I took my monthly trip to Trader Joe’s last Friday and they finally had red and green lentils in stock, albeit a different brand, Peak I think, rather than the TJ brand.

Linda: So happy to see you pop in, but sad to hear about your wrist problems and even worse the tragic loss of your man’s father. At least MM is doing well and loves your SO. Take care of yourself and your man. (((HUGS)))

Beth: Your week of mostly yoga workouts should be a good remedy for the stressful semester you have experienced. I remember doing some Jennifer Kries years ago. In fact, she is how I found Ravi and Ana. A Kries dvd I purchased had The 5 Tibetans on it and so Amazon suggested I might like to buy a RaviAna dvd that had a set called The 5 Tibetans on it. I bought it and got hooked and bought many more RaviAna dvds and pretty much forgot about Kries. Although I DO recall her being too chatty much of the time!

cyana: Prioritizing self-care is always important, but especially now. I have been falling down on that a bit myself, but trying my best as I am in healing mode with my tooth extraction and implant. So many people find gardening therapeutic, but it is just like grueling work for me. I would seriously rather do laundry! I actually find folding a relaxing activity (with the exception of fitted sheets, of course!).

Anny: Sounds like you are busy, but nice that you are keeping up with walks. Hopefully you can get back to some yoga. What great news that zero new cases of COVID-19 were reported in parts of Australia!

It turns out that I will be working as the librarian for 3 English 101 online classes. Overall, this will provide me with about one half of my normal summer income when I was working at the Reference Desk and teaching classes coming over to the library for instruction. I was checking out at Target a couple of days ago and the cashier recognized me from having taught one of her classes about library research. We talked about how much we miss getting to see our friends at work/school.

Waves to Garrie!
Old 05-28-20, 09:17 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Carolyn, wow--you have had a hectic few days! So glad you were able to get the post for your implant yesterday; hope you are feeling okay.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 05-28-20, 10:31 PM  
Anny

Carolyn your life has been hectic and I feel your pain about the tooth. Sorry to hear about the reduced income as well.

Linda that is so tragic about your SO’s father. Very sad.

Paine I used to own a Jennifer Kries Pilates DVD but definitely can’t remember the name of it!

Sandra take care of yourself during this time off. I hope you get your walks in.

Beth it’s funny that Kries nearly turned you off Yin! Nice job re making more videos. You asked about my busyness: it’s both personal and professional stuff, but will pass.

Walking and stretching for me, rainy cold today. I hope to do some weights on the weekend.
Old 05-28-20, 11:23 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Linda, oh how awful for your significant other! I'm so sorry.

Sandra, I think taking a week off work will be helpful. I know I'd be devastated if I lost my sweet sister, so I feel for you. I'm sending you love and hugs.

Beth, tonight I did your Gentle Active Yoga Practice and liked it. The lateral side stretch felt good and I especially liked the twist with a little bit of a forward bend. Lion's Breath always makes me laugh!

Carolyn, that's a lot of functional fitness going on in your backyard! I bet your backyard looks really nice now. Yikes, 109 degrees is blistering hot!
Thank goodness your dentist was able to help you in a timely manner. I'm such a chicken about dental work but it sounds like your implant process will be easy, which is great.
I'm glad you'll be working this summer for those online classes--it's better than nothing!
Folding laundry has always been a relaxing activity for me too.

Anny, you will be going into winter in June. Does it snow in your area during the winter?
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-20, 07:55 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Carolyn, I was wondering how you were feeling about the upcoming winter too. DH and I have talked about how we would have preferred to be sheltering in place during the winter since we don't go out much then anyway!

Paine, I meant to go back and see how I looked doing lion's breath but forgot.

Happy Friday! It's my last day of work until August (although I am sure I will be checking in occasionally over the next 2 months). Unfortunately the weather here is getting cooler again with a high of only 58 on Friday!

Follow me @YogiBethC