Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-26-20, 06:36 AM  
Anny

Sandra I think starting each day with a SAW would be lovely. And I’m so happy you got to meet with your VF friend. I am enjoying places slowly opening up and me being able to go out.

Linda so cool to hear from you . I am so sorry to hear about your wrists. I hope the pain reduces.

Paine I have never tried a Margaret Richards workout so I am always interested when you post about her workouts.

Beth that barre workout must have given you a good workout of you had DOMs!

cyana please take care of yourself. As you noted, lack of self care can lead to exhaustion.

I have a number of things going on right now so have just been doing my usual walking and no other workout.
Old 05-26-20, 09:03 AM  
cyana

I successfully started the day with a SAW and dodged a few rain drops along the way. Hoping to get in something else either during lunch or after work.

Anny - Self care definitely falls under the "do as I say and not as I do" category in my case. I'm glad things in your area are re-opening. Are people wearing masks/face coverings or perhaps I should've started the question as to what sort of public health recommendations are you getting in your area? We're still being asked to wear a mask and maintain the six feet physical distancing, but I admit to not wearing a mask when I go out for a walk because it's in my neighborhood, not crowded and I can pop over to the other side of the street if I meet another walker. If I'm going to pick up my weekly produce from the farmer's market drop off, I wear a mask.

Waves to ALL - need to get back to excavating my work inbox!!!

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-20, 10:26 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Yoga for Energy and Stress Relief (Awaken and Energize practice)

Cyana, yes our daughter is back to work now. Thank goodness she still has a job! It's a shame that so many people in the USA have lost their jobs due to covid19.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-20, 08:54 PM  
JustSandra

Hi!

Today's Workout: Ultimate Leg Sculptor from Essentrics Body Sculpting Series with Sahra.

Anny: While I was off work walking was the only thing that called to me.

Cyana: I do not wear a mask during my outdoor Aimless Walks as the suburban sidewalks I frequent don't get crowded, but I carry a mask in my bag to put on if I decide to stop in at a store along the way.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-20, 10:14 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quick pop-in regarding self-care: one of my telehealth sessions last week talked about self-care. One presenter made the point that for therapists, self-care is an ethical obligation. I would argue that this is true for many other professions as well.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-20, 05:11 PM  
Anny

I’ve continued to just do walking and some stretches this week as I have lots going on! I will probably get back to a workout on the weekend or next week.

cyana Public Health advice in Australia is that wearing masks for the general public is ineffective, though you can wear a mask if you choose. We rely more on social distancing. Many states now have zero reported new cases of COVID-19 and testing has increased and we are advised to test if we get a cold or cough as we come into winter.

Beth I agree about self care being an ethical need. I thought that about mothering when my children were young. My ex dh was away a lot in the military and so I felt self care was even more important as my children depended on me. But as cyana said it is often easier to talk about self care than it is to undertake it! That was and has been a challenge for me as a mother.

Sandra I love hearing about your walks in your neighbourhood.

Paine it’s so good that your daughter is back at work as I know people have lost jobs during this pandemic. One of my sons is a freelancer and it hit him hard initially but he is starting to pick up new clients now.
Old 05-27-20, 05:28 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Anny, yes, definitely a requirement for mothers too! Actually one of my colleagues recently mentioned that motherhood was what taught her the importance of setting boundaries. Have you been more busy with work stuff or personal stuff?

Sandra I hope you can balance your walks with your return to work schedule. I'm still waiting to hear about our libraries here; we enter Phase 2 (out of 4) next week.

Paine that is another nice practice from Yee! I enjoyed revisiting AM Yoga for Your Week over the weekend.

cyana do you get any work break/time off coming up? We all need that self-care time!

Just got back from a SAM. It's VERY hot out there--but I like the heat.

Happy Hump Day!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 05-28-20, 11:27 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Fitness Becomes You Volume 1 Program C: Upper Body work
Yin Yoga with Jennifer Kries (Advanced practice)

Yesterday was a planned rest day. I like the exercises in Margaret's Fitness Becomes You but what I don't like about it is you can't push "next" to skip an exercise so if you want to skip several exercises you have to fast forward through all of them.

I'm waving to everyone!
Old 05-28-20, 04:38 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, Kries almost put me off yin yoga, haha. I'm uploading a yoga practice now that I filmed today--you might like it since it's all standing (and a little tougher than some of my other ones!).

I've still been doing the Barre3 routines from FB every day; I started with the most recent one and have been working my way backward. I like them because they are only 20 minutes and I definitely feel worked out by then end! Also, I can be lazy and not decide what I want to do each day.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 05-28-20, 05:37 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Beth, I can understand how you feel about Kries. I'll have to check out the yoga practice you filmed today!