Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-02-20, 05:03 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Check-in: oceanview walk. Took a brief video of the waves. I did that yesterday too, but I posted that on FB, no problem. Today I've made multiple attempts & FB is messing with me. I did manage to post a video of my car trouble about the 5th time I tired. The car makes strange clicking noises and doesn't start right away and a "traction control off" message appears. This happens in the mornings. I have an appointment on Tuesday at the Ford place; going to bring it in on Monday so they can experience this. When I first called, the guy said I dunno what it is and if the message goes off when the car starts, don't worry about it. I could almost feel my head being patted. I called again a couple of days later, b/c if it won't start then it would be too late for DD to take the bus; cabs don't get here right away, and DD doesn't have an iphone so I could call Uber but then she'd have to take my iphone with her all day. So I got a different guy & he suggested bringing in in for an overnight before the appointment and also that I should get it on video. Helpful.

Later: added on a Denise full body weights.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-20, 09:11 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

I'm exhausted!

Check-In: 14,500 step day

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-20, 06:14 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night: Nothing too tired and sore
This Morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and stay healthy!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 05-03-20, 07:50 PM  
lynnf

barre 3 60 minutes, 30 minutes yin yoga -- off for a quick walk

Cheryl, it's hard having teeth. I don't know how I will deal with having a dentist in Brooklyn now.

Cynthia, it's hard having a car that doesn't work.

Diana, packing is really HARD.

Bottom line, life isn't so easy these days. We must be kind to ourselves and others.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-20, 08:01 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Check-in: 21 pushups and stretchy yoga with Denise on the DVD beach.

DD is feeling sad b/c her grandmother's health is failing. She and grandpa live in their house 100 miles away. DD was trying to visit them before the pandemic but they kept putting her off. They are both in their 90's and still mentally sharp, but grandma is now physically weak. She fell and grandpa wasn't strong enough to help her up. One of her sons, the one who lives nearest, arranged for home health care aides. She refused to leave home, which is reasonable considering how the virus is killing people in nursing homes. DD was able to have a brief phone conversation with her grandma today.

Cheryl, how does your DH feel about the interview? Have you ever heard of singer Andra Moran? In my church's youtube service today, one of her songs was played. I've met her; maybe 10 years ago, her parents were living in Monterey County and attended my church. I don't remember if Andra lived with them or visited. Lovely voice and she writes music too.

Diana, I know you'll be glad when that massive project is done.

Hi to Lynn. We must've been posting at the same time. You sure exercised a lot today! I'd forgotten about your Brooklyn dentist. It's hard to find a good one. I was lucky that when my beloved dentist retired, he recommended the dentist he goes to and now that's where I go.
Old 05-03-20, 08:33 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

I didn't work in the shop today. We did cook and prepare burgers for everyone. I actually feel a bit better since not working. Tomorrow will be back at it for me. DH worked there with a group of friends. They removed a lot of equipment. A friend is storing the equipment on his property in the country. He has a lot of room. I think DH and him are going to take the equipment to an auction at some point.

Check-In: I am almost at my step goal. I will try to get it done before bed.

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 05-04-20, 07:05 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night: Basic stretches - I was able to meet my step goal
This Morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day, stay healthy, and a great start to your week!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 05-04-20, 12:18 PM  
lynnf

barre 3 30 minutes.

Cynthia, I know how your DD feels about her grandparents. I feel like there is a good chance I will never see my parents again. With this virus until there is a vaccine it's too unsafe for anyone to go see anyone in their 90s and all of the nursing homes won't let anyone in. Let's just pray for a safe and effective vaccine soon, but it's going to be hard to get one and then get enough made and distributed for everyone who needs it. Still it's good for my parents and your DD's grandparents not to be in nursing homes, that's for sure.

Diana, glad you are making progress with the packing and getting help from friends. Bet it will feel great when it is done. But maybe you won't know what to do with yourself?

Cheryl, great that you are producing a new song now. Hope all goes well with your DH's interview.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-20, 05:11 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Check-i: 2 mile walk (Ford shop to home) and 24 pushups.

I played the iphone video of the noises and warning signs; the Ford guy said it was my automatic transmission. Well, I know it's not, b/c my car has a stick shift. It is nearly 5 years old and has its original battery. We'll see.
Old 05-04-20, 08:49 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

I am exhausted tonight! I am sore and hurting from head to toe. I think DH is correct, this move is going to kill us. But, it would be worse if we waited.

Check-In: over 12,000 steps

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana