Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-15, 04:51 AM  
smith938
VF Supporter

Gilad Bodies in Motion question

has anyone tried these? Mary has some on her site and I saw them on Gilad's site when I got an email about the spring sale for 20% off (SPRING15 and it's also on the homepage of their website). they look kinda neat (ok 'nostalgic') I used to sit and watch them exercise back in the day! He only puts 3 episodes on each dvd - totalfitnessdvds sells them for 11.99 each (then the 10% discount) I think he has them $14.95 or 79.95 for 1-6 or 7-12, or 125.95 for all 12 - with 20% off they're still around $100. these are the ones where he takes 3 episodes and puts them on a dvd - sandy beach, pier, cruise ship, etc are in the titles

I'm kinda wondering why he doesn't just put all of a season in a set like classical stretch and margaret richard - seems like years ago there was a set of vhs tapes from the show. does anyone have any of these dvds and is 20% considered a good sale for his stuff? I know from my latest Margaret Richard 'kick' that she does frequent sales and often more than the current 20% she's offering for Mother's Day..wondering if Gilad does the same. I'm on both mailing lists but don't get a lot of emails from Gilad that I can recall.
Old 05-03-15, 05:12 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

He has a streaming site, GiladTV (also available as a Roku channel) and for 9.99/month you have access to his stuff, old and new which is nice.

Also you can download entire seasons ("series") of Bodies in Motion through Video On Demand: Here's series 400 from 1988, for example: 22 episodes for $50: http://www.giladondemand.com/bodiesi...4005KPg3829F51
To the right is a menu that allows you to select other seasons.

ETA- If you're looking for something short that has more of a sculpting emphasis, I recommend his more recent Total Body Sculpt series, which you can buy as instant video download from Amazon for around $50 (30 episodes, ~23 minutes each).
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-15, 06:05 AM  
smith938
VF Supporter

thanks Gina! I"m thinking about getting a roku - are all the episodes available for the 9.99 month? I'll look into the body sculpt. I ended up getting 3 from Mary's site- they were bundled together and 2 I had already jotted down as being interested in.

eta: I'm finding his stuff confusing :-( too many titles with sculpt in them and 3 options for online with different things on each - some you can buy or stream, just stream, or download only and seems like the download only is the only one with the tv shows. gonna look on amazon for that download you mentioned..maybe I'll have better look narrowing it down by price! how does amazon's instant downloads work? they stream on roku? I just purchase and have it forever no monthly fee?
Old 05-03-15, 05:06 PM  
OSusanna

I just wanted to add that even though I only have one Gilad video, I've tried it twice and I really like the straightforward simplicity of it. It's his step aerobics video. Simple yet quite effective. And of course, nice scenery. I looked at his other stuff on the web and I will look at them again. I think he makes sensible workouts.
OSusanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-15, 05:40 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by smith938 View Post
thanks Gina! I"m thinking about getting a roku - are all the episodes available for the 9.99 month? I'll look into the body sculpt. I ended up getting 3 from Mary's site- they were bundled together and 2 I had already jotted down as being interested in.

eta: I'm finding his stuff confusing :-( too many titles with sculpt in them and 3 options for online with different things on each - some you can buy or stream, just stream, or download only and seems like the download only is the only one with the tv shows. gonna look on amazon for that download you mentioned..maybe I'll have better look narrowing it down by price! how does amazon's instant downloads work? they stream on roku? I just purchase and have it forever no monthly fee?
I'm sorry the site is so confusing - it never used to be but now there are so many options to get downloads and instant videos and DVDs, etc. Can be bewildering!

For the series I bought through Amazon, use this link: http://www.amazon.com/Abs-Buttocks-B...al+body+sculpt
Episodes can be bought for $1.99 each or $49.99 the whole lot (30 episodes). There are definite similarities among them but they tend to work different body parts from one to another, so they're useful to do every day. When you download them you own them forever. Roku has an Amazon channel and I view them on my TV through that. Very easy and believe me I'm a techno-idiot.

Not sure if every Gilad workout is available at all times through his GiladTV channel; I believe they circulate episodes and workouts from his collection so you get some variety from month to month but I'm not completely sure.

ETA - And yes, I highly recommend getting a Roku! You can buy one very reasonably and do so much with it.
Old 05-03-15, 05:43 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSusanna View Post
I just wanted to add that even though I only have one Gilad video, I've tried it twice and I really like the straightforward simplicity of it. ... I think he makes sensible workouts.
Yes, those are his strengths. In my mind he's the natural successor to Jack LaLanne.
Old 05-03-15, 07:38 PM  
smith938
VF Supporter

thanks Gina - so the amazon downloads I own but can't burn to a dvd? I had trouble steaming something today so not too keen on relying only on streaming - at least not until I get really good wifi - would go with cable but we're in old townhomes and the cable company is really awful - the cable thingy is outside my townhome and all the cables are bulging out and dropping into the water on the ground..been that way since i've lived here for 15 yrs now. I have Clear right now that uses a satellite signal I think - usually good but cloudy days and heavy winds..sigh...

eta: also - if I were to buy one of the downloads to try and see if I liked it - would I have to buy the whole series and just pay for that one again or do they credit the one I have towards the series price? it looks like it's $10 cheaper to purchase them all I remember before when i was buying songs for my ipad I think it was - if I added the rest of the album it was cheaper than re-buying the whole thing - not sure if amazon does that or not
Old 05-04-15, 12:55 PM  
smith938
VF Supporter

wow the season is 29.99 now! it says 'sd' but don't see 'hd' as a choice- my tv is so-so anyways so I went ahead and got them. not wild I can't put on dvd but for $1 an episode I figure I can try streaming...have a sony box right now but plan on getting a roku 3 next budget (which is next week!) think that's the latest
Old 05-04-15, 01:31 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Wow, the price really dropped -- good for you! You will love them on your Roku and they are such great little quick workouts, perfect for rushed mornings. Congrats!!
Old 05-04-15, 02:10 PM  
smith938
VF Supporter

thanks for letting me know! I almost bought them when you mentioned them the other night for 49.99 but thought I'd wait til my next budget- wasn't taking a chance LOL!

he has lots of options on his website but looks like downloads are only playable on computer? I sent an email asking..but looks like he offers download/streaming on computer - streaming only for 9.99/month - download only and seems each has different selections. He has 10 downloads that are $10 each and only 20 minutes! I know they're anniversary or something but wow for that price he should be showing more than he is!

Tags
gilad