Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-25-20, 08:21 PM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Nope ...

Helen: You did NOT blow it. Your mind and body are thanking you for taking the time off in that heat and humidity. I can relate to how you feel though (remember back to last month and my electric out for 4 days!) ... But, you are doing awesome. Count some of mine from today!

Waves to everyone! and while I'm hre:

1/25/2020: Peloton Matt Wilpers 60 minute PZ challenge ride, followed by Matt Wilpers 45 minute PZ Challenge ride, followed up with 10 minute cool down ride with Sam Yo, followed by two stretch segments followed by my mile on the treadmill.

Now I'm sitting on the couch watching movies!
That's a wrap!
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-20, 09:56 PM  
KayB
VF Supporter

Great run, Lili!

Cleda is a Pelaton addict & that's a good thing!

Helen, you have mad cooking skills in the heat! That's too hot for me! Perfect hiking temperature is around 42°F/5.6C.

Waves to all!

Same old dog walks. Hit nearly 7,000 steps yesterday with 30 flights of stairs. Not so much today, but multiple dog walks including fetching the mail & paper.

Bought Ur a dog sweater on sale at Walmart for $2. She seems to like it better than an old t-shirt of mine. It's peach colored with a cute unicorn with a silver horn on the back. She tried play fighting with Cooper tonight so she continues to improve. She's still a bit more timid, but she's never been the bravest thing, although she has chased a bear. Probably she was only following Cooper.
KayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-20, 07:36 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen, I know how you feel, but that kind of heat and working out is NOT a good combination. Les Mills usually refers to the weights as warm-up weight or middle weight. The last one I did they did say the KG, which gives me something to go by. I've looked online to see if they reference a weight range for different moves, but I didn't see anything. I even did the beginner w/o to see if they would be more specific. It's okay, I'm still enjoying them!
Kay, I'm so glad to hear that Ur is acting like she is okay.
Cleda, you are continuing to crush it!

1/24 - my FIL passed away at the age of 96 after a second battle with cancer and COPD. It was expected and we were all there. I couldn't have asked for a better ending.
1/25 - Les Mills RPM, a 45 minute ride.
1/26 - 3 miles with Leslie. I needed an easy day!

I'm not going to make every day, but there is always next month, and it's shorter!

“The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.” -Amelia Earhart
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-20, 08:32 PM  
honey

Oh, Helen, you didn't blow it. You were smart to take it easy in the heat. Those hot, humid days can be dangerous.

Cleda, Queen of the Peloton! I love that you're tracking podcasts and books. I need start doing that myself.

Lili I'm sorry for your loss. May his memory be a blessing. Take care of yourself.

Kay 7000 steps with the pup is awesome.

Anyone I missed, cheers to keep on, keepin' on.

Check-in
This week was a lot of travel for me, but I managed to not miss a day.
Sunday MM 23: Core Inferno
Monday: MM 21: Cardio Meltdown
Tuesday: MM15: Freestyle Flow
Wednesday: MM 26: LIT Cardio
Thursday: MM 28: Fight Club
Friday: MM: 20 Re-Vibe
Saturday: MM 22: Upbeat Strength & MM 27 Downbeat Strength
Sunday MM 24: Total Body Badass

My mini-review of Morning Meltdown is that it's okay. I'll finish the 100 workouts, but Jericho Matthews is not a great instructor. She doesn't cue early enough and there's a lot of standing around mid-workout while she explains the next move. I just do my own thing to keep going. I do think the workouts have a nice mix of cardio, intervals, weights, yoga, and stretching. It's a good series for someone restarting, but she can get irritating.
honey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-20, 10:54 PM  
KayB
VF Supporter

Honey, a nice group of workouts! WTG!

Lili, I'm sorry about your FIL. Even if you're expecting it, death is just so final.

Helen, I know this is late for you, but Happy Australia Day!🎉🎉 I hope your country can recover from all your losses.

Today was church, lunch at our favorite Mexican restaurant, trip to Walmart & the usual multiple dog walks.

Waves to all!
KayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-20, 05:45 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Quick post today:

1/27 - treadmill run to a Virtual Active DVD. I ran/walked 2.8 miles and it was a slog. I followed it with Yoga Tune-Up for runners. The stretches felt really good!
1/28 - Les Mills Barre W/O A. She kept saying that it was their first ever barre class. I almost turned it off several times, just because the pace was slow and the moves were not knee friendly. I'll see how I feel tomorrow. Then I did a mile with Leslie.

Waves to everyone, and thank you for thinking of me.

“The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.” -Amelia Earhart
Old 01-28-20, 07:45 PM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Week's getting away from me. :)

Lili: What a wonderful life you're FIL must have had. 96 and COPD? Amazing. My deepest sympathies. Imagine all he saw in his lifetime. Now that would be a celebration of LIFE (and some sadness)!

Honey: You're an inspiration (I'll be using you as an example when I'm at Mom's. If Honey can do it while travelling, then SO CAN I!!!) Look at you go. Not sure I'm Queen of the Peloton - but I sure do enjoy it. Perhaps Kay's "addict" is more fitting.

Kay: Yep ... Peloton addict here. Not just a phase. With so much to offer on the app - how can I not be? Love reading about your walks! (and I can see you walking through Walmart.!!)

Waves to Helen and everyone reading!!!

On to me, me and all me:

1/26/2020: Sundays with Love (Ally Love - 30 minutes spiritual ride. Virtue of the week "Kindness".) followed by 45 minutes with Matt for my Power Zone ride , a stretch and a mile on the treadmill. Oh and I did Sam You's cool down ride (10 mins.) He's so soothing and relaxing. I thoroughly enjoy his style and I do think the cool down rides do me good.

1/27/2020:
45 minutes with Denis for my powerzone ride plus Sam Yo's cool down ride plus a stretch and when I got home from work Peloton "Boot Camp"** walking treadmill and abs with Andy

1/28/2020:
Elliptical 1 mile while listen to my "Food Can We Talk" Podcast followed by (don't fall over): KCM's Body Design Upper Body, will probably do some meditation tonight to keep my peloton Streak going.

** someone on the board here at VF was talking about Peloton and the app and the Boot Camp classes. I always shied away from them (don't preview, cuz then they count as a workout and I have to go in and delete them). But Bootcamp to me always conjures up visions of burpees, planks, high impact stuff, etc. So I never did one. UNTIL I read that some of them are the treadmill and some stuff after. I don't know what qualifies a workout as "bootcamp" now. But this was 20 minutes of WALKING on the treadmill (took care of my mile) with inclines from 0 to 8 ... and some inbetween. Followed with 10 minutes of core. Which I hated and subbed a lot of stuff for. It was all side planks and regular planks. Ummm. no thanks. . . .

Beginning to think my February focus may be strength/resistance training. I'm thinking (still in the rough stages) of 3 workouts a week. One upper, one lower and one total. Not sure yet. Could add in some abs I like (CDE's dead bug on the Peloton App). I have time to hash it out. The mile a day was great. But it's time to switch it up. I'm almost done with the WHOLE month and what a stellar month it's been. (she says modestly).

That's it for now.
Make it a great day!
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-20, 06:05 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Cleda - you've had an AWESOME month! No need for modesty! I agree with you about avoiding anything with bootcamp in the name for the same reasons. Glad you tried it and liked it. I'm also not a fan of planks! I do them, but I usually quit early.

Not enough sleep last night, so just did some walking workouts today. First was Up To the Beat Country Walk followed by 2 miles with Leslie.

Old 01-31-20, 03:57 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

1/30 - Leslie's 3 Mile Boot Camp Walk. This was more of a circuit w/o with strength segments in between.
1/31 - 4 mile trail run. I felt really good today with fewer walking breaks!

30/31

Old 01-31-20, 08:54 PM  
Helen
VF Supporter

LILI
Condolences on the loss of your father-in-law. Even if anticipated, never easy.

I can feel the 'happy' in your comment about the 4 mile trail run. Especially after the "slog" for only 2.8.
kg weights: 2.2lb = 1kg, so roughly double whatever kg they say.
Warmup weight, from Cathe, is typically about half what you'd use for the actual workout. Hope that's useful.

CLEDA
Definitely a stellar month! Leave the modesty, we don't need PC manners here.
As to a 'bootcamp' - my personal take is that it means predominately callisthenics, drills, mix of cardio/bodyweight training & no choreography. Treadmill walk? No.
Since it's the 1st of Feb today, I'm going to take up your 'mile a day' notion, even if it's JUST in the loungeroom (A/C)!

KAY
How's your baby now? Loved the sooky pic on FB of her on your lap - ALL of your lap!

HONEY
Thanks for the review of the Meltdowns with Jericho. Great perseverance to stick out the whole 100 even though you found her becoming annoying.

Sooooo I'm back at work.

last post was Sat 25-Jan
Been very hot all week. Today (Sat) is set to hit 41C (106F), and tomorrow is predicted to reach 43C (109F). First day back at derby is Sunday!

Sun 26-Jan
Australia Day - thanks Kay, for noticing but it was a quiet day all around, NOTHING like your 4th of July. No fireworks due to total fire ban. The whole city was very low key about it.
dog walk / waist-deep walking at that new spot I found
Mon 27-Jan
dog walk, probably not for very long
Tue 28-Jan
Climbed a wee mountain with work - Aboriginal immersion session
Kathy Smith - Project You - Foundation + Long Lean 70min, with buddy, & we dripped. The regular scheduled sessions with her has kept us both moving in this heat. Milder workouts accordingly but we've been moving.
Wed 29-Jan
dog walk, just for her to defecate - NOT counting this one.
Thu 30-Jan
Chalene - PiYo - Drench and we were! Still have sore buttocks from that one.
Fri 31-Jan
no big finish, last day of first week back at work, school only has A/C in computer rooms. Just STOPPED.

Jan 26/31 (down 5 days)
2020 26/366

Ok, So I'm off to do the February thread. ETA >> DONE <<