Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-09-17, 02:42 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I also like the BellyFit Bundle Season 1, but can't figure out if these are downloads or streaming only?
Old 12-09-17, 02:48 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Just loaded it - it is 1:01:03.

I have a sore throat and feel really crappy today, but I'm going to give it a go in about 20 minutes and report back later.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-17, 02:51 PM  
sherry7899

Dana, you can download them. I put them on dvd-r.

Pat, I am so sorry you are sick. I hope you feel better soon.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-17, 02:55 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Thank you Sherry and Pat! I'm buying the bundle as well as the new class. I previewed some of them and I like them a lot! I have the original Bellyfits on DVDs and like those too! Besides, at 50% off, how can I pass these up?
Old 12-09-17, 03:02 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Thank you so much for posting this! You know how much I love Bellyfit, but I never seem to be on top of when they have sales, and I didn't have the BellyfitTV episodes, so I took advantage of this sale and got the bundle along with the ShaktiMa episode
Old 12-09-17, 03:02 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
Thank you Sherry and Pat! I'm buying the bundle as well as the new class. I previewed some of them and I like them a lot! I have the original Bellyfits on DVDs and like those too! Besides, at 50% off, how can I pass these up?
Enjoy!

Old 12-09-17, 03:04 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by zraipel View Post
Thank you so much for posting this! You know how much I love Bellyfit, but I never seem to be on top of when they have sales, and I didn't have the BellyfitTV episodes, so I took advantage of this sale and got the bundle along with the ShaktiMa episode
You are welcome! If you are on Facebook they post about sales and new classes. They sent out an email about it also but it landed in my spam folder.
I am glad I saw the Facebook mention.

Old 12-09-17, 03:15 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I'm super excited! I got Shakti Ma and the 12 class bundle for the total of USD 34.26. I would be crazy to pass this up! Thanks again Sherry for posting about the sale.
Old 12-09-17, 03:48 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I am very excited to try it!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-17, 05:12 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Review

Okay Goddesses here is what I remember, the times and my thoughts:

Meditation is seated until 7:55 - Alice's usual intro, belly breath, lotus lift, then a lot of nice slow stomach grinds.

Stand for the warmup which goes until 15:12. Gentle and flowing, introduces temple dancer, shakti rise (standing heel bumps then flicking away energy with hip bumps), twist rotations - feels kind of Kundalini meets trance dance in the Bellyfit studio. Goddess pose (GP) with flowy arms - there is more.

By the way all of the side to side flows use GP as home base.

Full workout starts 15:12 with Power It Up set, from GP to lunge to side. Find your mudra which is shakti mudra, complicated and my fingers would not do it so chin mudra worked for me. Hold, three pumps up and down, arms up to W-I swing back around to GP, other side. The first Power It Up set was S-L-O-W and Alice instructs ALOT.

There is a moving chair variation with twists, W-II with snake arms, swivel to standing and slide ribs side to side while going back to GP. there are some hip grinds, a slide with hip bumps, typical BF stuff but slow with lots of deep breathing and "energy moving." All those sets were nice.

The vinyasa starts at 27:45. I was worried about the V word. Carlita shows a modified version. It is a slow basic V, and in fact the first instructional part is again very slow. GP to lunge to plank, one pushup, down dog. Repeats 3X then one leg up and through to a lunge. You stay in lunge low, then rise to high lunge if desired, arms out, add a shimmy (I could not - I'd fall over if I shimmied in high lunge) then a brief W-I, around to GP and repeat. With very slow motion tutorial and the detailed instructions the Vinyasa set got a little aggravating and felt awkward.

Now at 34:04 beings the full TIFT from the warmup through the vinyasa. I think there were four full TIFTS, maybe five. It began to flow better without the minute details. It remained slow and mostly easy, meditative and mildly exotic, except for Power up and V word. Music reminded me of Arabian Nights, I liked it. Alice counts during the holdy parts.

At 52:55 we do a few hip drops. 54:46 down to the floor for hip stretches and close. No cool down is necessary.

I loved parts and felt other parts got a little too holdy and detailed. My legs got a good workout and for a few minutes my heart rate got mildly elevated.

Pros: great music, good modifier, bright sets, lots of flowing Bellyfit moves. Slow deep breathing throughout, cleared my head. Seemed to be less TIFTy than usual.

Cons: didn't care for the vinyasa set - not a fan of vinyasa in the first place. That said, the V word is not the primary focus of the workout. The Power Up lunges last too long and have an awkward mudra and altogether go too slow up until 3/4 through when it all comes together better.

If plies bother your knees, this might not be your workout. There is a bit of a quirk - sometimes between sides during Power Up, the set kind of stops and there is a filming trick I can't correctly described - like in old time movies when they introduce a new scene and a diagonal line slides across the screen. It was weird but didn't interrupt too much. This workout did not have the advertisement.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bellyfit, bellyfit tv, bellyfit tv season 2