Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-28-20, 03:21 PM  
Judith L
VF Supporter

Reignited luv for Malibu/Pilates Pro Chair "electrified".

I'd like to share my reignited luv for the Pilates Pro Chair..

I bought my Pilates Pro Chair w handles (plus 4 dvds with Jennifer Galardi) from QVC last April. Unfortunately, I had just stopped subscribing to Pilatesology two months before, and without having looked at any of the Pilates Chair workouts, as it wasn't on my mind.

Now, almost a year later, having come across some Pilates exercises done on the "High Chair" aka "Electric Chair" on YouTube, I have found what I was looking for when I first ordered my chair. I realize I much prefer the exercises done on the High Chair than the Wunda Chair. So yesterday I reactivated my Pilatesology subscription and have already watched and worked along with about 8 of the 21 videos for the High Chair. And there are 87 videos for the Wunda Chair. The teaching of correct form is wonderful as are the range of exercises. And I think it would be worth paying $20 for at least one month to learn the proper technique for these exercises which is best learned there. It makes all the difference in the world.
Old 01-29-20, 01:45 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

thanks - I am waiting for a good deal on craigslist. someone has one for sale but it doesn't have the optional handle attachments.

when you can, could you share links to the youtube workouts that you like?

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-20, 09:57 PM  
Judith L
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
when you can, could you share links to the youtube workouts that you like?
Sorry, I'm late -- I haven't received any notifications to my subscribed threads.

I was speaking about the videos on Pilatesology. On Youtube you'll find more videos on the Wunda Chair than the High aka Electric Chair and which are only snippets. Just type in "Pilates Chair" or the just mentioned types in the YouTube search bar. But again, I recommend getting a one month or so subscription to Pilatesology or at least try the trial but that would best be done once you have the chair.

If you find a model of the chair which is currently sold on QVC you might be able to order the handles. When I ordered my chair from QVC the handles were an extra which I added -- and I am so glad I did! Good luck!

Tags
malibu pilates pro chair, pilates pro chair, wunda chair