Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-20-19, 07:40 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I pet cats - 2 of my own and many others when I volunteer at an animal shelter twice a week. I also used to volunteer with another pet organization and organized all their research into a presentation on the positive effects of animals on the health and wellbeing of seniors. So it’s not just me.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-19, 07:49 PM  
Pam

I love learning about nature and hiking. So, when stressed often I will do a slow wander in nature, looking for something unusual or new to me. When I get back home I like to research, either using internet or my extensive collection of books, to learn about I saw new-to-me in nature.
Old 11-20-19, 07:51 PM  
furmomof6

Listening to Bible verses being read aloud set to classical music has a huge calming effect on me, especially the verses that pertain to anxiety. I do it often, and sometimes even play it in the background while I'm doing things around the house.

I also agree with petting my cats and taking my dog for walks, although I know that's exercise. When my cats lay on me and purr, that's very relaxing!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-19, 08:27 PM  
Dontmindthemess

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
There actually are adult coloring books with profainity! I saw it on Amazon.
Sign me up!

I’m in the knitting camp too. I think a lot of artistic and craft activities make your brain work differently, they are definitely meditative in their own way.

When I’m feeling down (and even when I’m not) I like to watch The Office. There’s just something super comforting about that show for me.

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-19, 08:37 PM  
Vantreesta

Thank you, Sherry. I miss her so much.

I find folding laundry very comforting and relaxing but I don't enjoy putting it away. Probably bc I have more clothes than space!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-19, 08:40 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dontmindthemess View Post
Sign me up!

I’m in the knitting camp too. I think a lot of artistic and craft activities make your brain work differently, they are definitely meditative in their own way.

When I’m feeling down (and even when I’m not) I like to watch The Office. There’s just something super comforting about that show for me.

Jane

I like The Office also. I drive my husband crazy watching Roseanne (he likes everyone on the show but Roseanne) and Everybody Loves Raymond. He likes that show but is sick of it. I find both comforting

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-19, 08:54 PM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by furmomof6 View Post
Listening to Bible verses being read aloud set to classical music...
This is a thing? I need to know more, if you don't mind. Are there cds available?
Not sure I'd know how to search for such a thing.

Oh, and I'm a fan of nicely scented things too. Got an essential oil diffuser, nice candles, wax melts, etc. Like creating a nice atmosphere.

Weirdly enough, I love the smoky warm wax smell of a blown out candle. Reminds me of church/childhood.

Also, if you like stitching/embroidery, you can take a coloring book image and transfer it onto cloth to embroider it. That sounds way more fun to me than coloring books. (Always got frustrated with the adult type coloring books I tried.)
Old 11-20-19, 09:23 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
Probably not what you're looking for, but a glass of really good, ice cold white wine does the trick every time.
That would work for me too....

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-19, 10:33 PM  
marki64

Watching comedies. Always relaxes me.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-19, 07:02 AM  
maitai

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Watching Golden Girls.
Ditto