Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-19, 12:50 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I received a proof a photo they are going to use today--I uploaded it to my "Yoga Poses" album. They do plan to lighten the background; I also had to decrease the size in order to upload it here. I think it looks a little goofy, but I'm glad for the publicity.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-19, 01:48 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Today is a rest day.

Beth, you look very serene. It's a nice picture.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-19, 01:49 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, that was the idea--I tried!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 11-20-19, 03:14 PM  
gjv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paine View Post
Today is a rest day.

Beth, you look very serene. It's a nice picture.
I agree! That's a great pic, Beth!
Old 11-20-19, 03:17 PM  
gjv

I did Jessica's Steppin' Strength this morning. I meant to add on a Leslie mile but it didn't happen. I don't think I slept well last night.
Old 11-20-19, 07:28 PM  
YogaGal

Today I did another walk from Jessica’s 6 Mile Mix dvd: Lower Body Toner followed by a favorite yoga set: Hips & Hamstrings from RaviAna’s Yoga for Beginners and Beyond. I could do this one every day!

Beth: Good to hear that your Crosstrek is good at handling winter weather driving conditions. Love your meditation photo! Paine is right that you look “very serene.” DH and I picked out a granite slab; we looked at quartz, but there was a lot more variety in granite. I will have to make sure it is sealed/treated to stay in good condition. You feel like Goldilocks looking at it all: this one is too dark; this one is too light; this one is too yellow, too gray, too busy, etc. So glad we found a “just right!” Or we hope it will be; we’ll know once it is installed. We had a small piece of wood and tile to match up.

Gayle: Hope you sleep better tonight.
Old 11-20-19, 07:57 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Gayle, thank you! I notice when I don't sleep well or am otherwise tired that I am more easily distracted/have trouble focusing.

Carolyn, thank you! I'm surprised to hear that granite has more variety; it seems like all of the ones I have seen look the same. What color were you going for? I definitely know what you mean about the Goldilocks theory; DH and I had that issue a lot when we were building our current house back in 2012.

Tonight's 3WYR routine was Balance. I liked it, but I still think that the program is adding in way more challenging poses that I would include for beginners. For example, the practice included revolved triangle, something I've only done with my beginning students a few time--and then with plenty of build up AND props! One person is always using blocks in the background, but I think they ALL should be using them...plus they should have more props than that!

Okay, that's my rant for the day.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 11-21-19, 08:57 AM  
gjv

Carolyn, thanks for the Split Sessions recommendation. I'm going to check it out. My sis in law is named Carolyn. I love her to bits.

This morning I did Leslie's 30 day walk, I did all of the Firm segment and most of the Burn segment.

I had planned on going out of town shopping today with a girlfriend. Her 7 year old daughter got sick during the night so we had to postpone. Not sure what I'll do now!
Old 11-21-19, 11:53 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Beauty to the Bone Program B (all upper body work) plus calves, inner thigh and hamstrings

I usually do the upper body work from Program A in Beauty to the Bone so today I decided to do Program B for something different. I still favor the upper body work in Program A more than Program B but it was nice to have a change today.

I'm waving to everyone!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-19, 02:42 PM  
Anny

Paine I agree, a change is often good!

Beth you look very calm in your photo. And yes I have been enjoying playing with a few different practices from Adriene.

Sorry to hear you didn't sleep well Gayle. I am a terrible sleeper although I try not to tell myself that as I worry it will end up being a self perpetuating prophecy!

Carolyn did I mention we have brown marble and granite in our kitchen?

Yesterday was a super tiring work day so I came home and decided to so yoga again. I did Easy Breezy Yoga from YWA original 30 Days of Yoga. Very vinyasa-y.