Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-19, 08:47 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Anny, interesting about the Yoga for Vertigo--what did you think of it? I sometimes get very brief (1-2 secs) vertigo-like flashes that my neurologist thought likely related to my migraines. I have also gotten dizzy when going from seated and standing due to low blood pressure, although my blood pressure doesn't run quite as low as it used to.

cyana, I have tried to be better about noticing things around me. Today I woke up cranky and tired, but I still noticed how pretty the sun looked streaming through the sky. I believe that on the strengths test (free at viame.org for anyone interested in trying; you just have to create an account), one of my highest is "appreciation of beauty." I like the sound of "Feel Better Flow"!

Today looks to be an okay day, although I think this is going to be a long week overall and a pretty tough Wednesday. However, next week is a short week due the holiday (I only work Mon & Tues), and the week after is the last full week of classes here, so I see an end in sight to this super-busy semester!!!

Happy Monday to all.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-19, 11:25 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Core Fusion Body Sculpt (Upper Body Sculpt)
CS 1122

Anny and Beth, I sometimes get Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV) and it sucks. The Epley Maneuver has never helped.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-19, 02:51 PM  
gjv

It's almost 70 degrees here today. Love it but it does seem strange!

I did Leslie's Walk to the Hits Party Songs this morning.

Hi to all and have a great rest of the day.
Old 11-18-19, 06:38 PM  
Anny

Paine vertigo can suck!

Beth I found the 15 Minute practice to be very calming.

Gayle I haven't done that Leslie walk for ages but I did find the music and moves fun the last time I did it.

I have late meetings tonight for work so I worked out in the morning today for a change. I will probably do some stretches when I get home this evening. I did a lower
body
workout from JV's book and decided to do it unweighted.
Old 11-18-19, 09:51 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Gayle, I don't know what area of the country you are in, but wow, 70 degrees! I am jealous.

Anny, sounds nice--I will have to try it some time!

So today I started the 3rd week of 3-Week Yoga Retreat, "Progression" with Ted. Ted reminds me a little of Tony Horton, similar voice and slightly goofy in manner. Like the other 2 Mondays, today was "Core." The challenges came from some new poses, such as dolphin and side forearm plank, and from holding them for longer. It was a bit tiring after the power vinyasa class I went to yesterday! Overall though it was a nice practice.

I'm looking forward to doing yoga daily and thinking about continuing after I end this rotation. I thought maybe I could rotate Rodney Yee's AM Yoga for Your Week and Yoga for Energy and Stress Relief to start. I would love to use Eoin's Blissology & PY4H2, but the shortest routines are 35-40 minutes, and most are longer. (3WYR is more 25-30 minutes.)

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 11-19-19, 08:40 AM  
gjv

Happy Tuesday!

Beth, I'm in North Central Kansas. It's going to be in the 60's again today, but then it's suppose to start cooling off to more normal temps. I'll be outside today for sure!

I did Leslie's Tone Every Zone Walk this morning. It's kinda nice getting your weights and your walk all in one nice little package. Probably why I reach for it so often.
Old 11-19-19, 08:43 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Gayle, today is high 30s and that feels warm compared to what we've had recently.

This afternoon I have to do a photo shoot with the college photographer! I'm not sure if I mentioned this, but about a month ago, I got contacted by someone from the publicity department who runs the alumni magazine. They wanted to do an article on meditation for the magazine, including talking about what we are doing on campus and offering tips to start a practice yourself. So I was interviewed and now we have to do a photo for the article. It will be interesting to see when it is published; I don't know when that will be yet.

Happy Tuesday!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 11-19-19, 08:52 AM  
gjv

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
Gayle, today is high 30s and that feels warm compared to what we've had recently.

This afternoon I have to do a photo shoot with the college photographer! I'm not sure if I mentioned this, but about a month ago, I got contacted by someone from the publicity department who runs the alumni magazine. They wanted to do an article on meditation for the magazine, including talking about what we are doing on campus and offering tips to start a practice yourself. So I was interviewed and now we have to do a photo for the article. It will be interesting to see when it is published; I don't know when that will be yet.

Happy Tuesday!
That's awesome about the photo shoot! Will we be able to see the pictures?
Old 11-19-19, 09:01 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Gayle, sometimes the college photographer, Keith, shares his proofs. Here are some photos posted when I taught yoga outside back in 2017 (actually by his assistant):
https://photos.geneseo.edu/StudentLi...alee-Bainnson/

Even if I don't get the proofs, presumably I can share the article once it is finished.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 11-19-19, 09:18 AM  
gjv

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
Gayle, sometimes the college photographer, Keith, shares his proofs. Here are some photos posted when I taught yoga outside back in 2017 (actually by his assistant):
https://photos.geneseo.edu/StudentLi...alee-Bainnson/

Even if I don't get the proofs, presumably I can share the article once it is finished.
Those pictures are awesome! I've never done yoga, ever. Doing it outside like that must feel wonderful. That little girl in front was a cutie!