Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-14-19, 09:13 PM  
Butter

Studio Sweat on Demand subscription! I use it a lot.
Butter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-19, 09:51 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Best: Pilates Nest streaming subscription, Bar Method streaming subscription, and a new barre.

Worst: like Dana, I renewed a streaming subscription to another Pilates website with lovely, but difficult and dread worthy workouts. I have hardly used it this year. I want to enjoy my workouts!

Carol
txhsmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-19, 10:34 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Best: Renewing my interest in Cathe strength training and buying a few more of her workouts.

Worst: Buying the latest Misty Tripoli Body Groove, or whatever they’re called, workouts. Sooo not for me!
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-19, 01:28 AM  
topfitmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngoat View Post
I have been ill and under financial constraints* this year, so have bought very little. [/COLOR]
Hi Mtngoat, I read your controlled rant. I'm sorry that you're struggling with your health. I can relate, in a way, because I also live in a country where medical care is free (to an extent) but I feel like I have to fight to be seen and diagnosed properly. I grew up in a country where our socialized healthcare system didn't cover some of the basics that we needed, like dental and eye care. I've been misdiagnosed and so have my children. It can be tough.
Take care of yourself

I haven't made any purchases this year. I tried a few different streaming sites and my favorite is still Sleek Technique.
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-19, 07:51 AM  
Rhonda

Best- Just got KCM streaming and so far I am really liking it. Love all the boxing, heavy bag workouts. Cathe LITE workouts.

Worst - BBOD really never anything new and don't like the programs they offer. Not renewing.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-19, 08:51 AM  
donnamp

My best for the year was Ellen Barrett's streaming service - I actually joined last fall and have used it pretty regularly.

Worst - no real worst as I didn't buy much this year - there were some things I purchased and haven't used all that much, however....

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-19, 09:01 AM  
bubbles76

Best: My evolution workout dvds! I bought some used on VF Roost, and then bought some from fitnessmusicshop. Best purchases this year . I also completed my Margaret Richard collection.

I can't really say I've had any worse this year either. Certainly some that I was "meh" about, but I can't think of any that I absolutely loathed. And I have gone overboard on spending for dvds again this year . Maybe I can't think of any that are in the "worse" category because I haven't had time to try them all out!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-19, 09:31 AM  
laurajhawk

Best - BBOD (continued from last year, mainly for LIIFT4) and Gilad - I only "discovered" him a couple years ago so I've been increasing my collection. Total Body Sculpt (original and "plus") are my favorites.

Worst - I have to go with Cathe LITE. I don't dislike them - actually I kinda like them - but I'm really not using them.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-19, 11:29 AM  
owltx

Best - KCM's Strong and Lean. This is definitely in my top 5 of hers, and one of my absolute favorites of her most recent years. Winner! I purchased Jessica's Smith Walk Strong off of VF roost, and this one has been great for me this year - I knew I liked her, but I'd never tried any of her Walk Strong. The weight workouts and intervals in here are great. Cathe's LITE - in particular bodyweight and bands, the kickbox and the pyramid pump are ones I will come back to again and again.

Worst - I really didn't get into the cardio from Cathe's LITE at all. The cardio crush from it is a lot of fun, but i found for the actual workout I was pretty much counting the minutes. I tried Breathless Body the Edge, and I didn't click with it. I like Amy Dixon, but I think this was just too much repetition for me.
Old 11-15-19, 12:43 PM  
red1013

Best: Cathe's Strong Body Stacked Sets Upper Body

Worst: Leslie's 3 Mile Slim & Sleek Walk Plus Pilates. I got it cheap at Thriftbooks but it has the worst music I've ever heard in a Leslie workout.

Tags
best of, hits and misses, lee holden favorites, worst of, yoga headstand bench