Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-19-19, 11:04 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Nov 19:
~TERD, lol. I did enjoy a nice long yin stretch this evening. I spent the morning at the ophthalmologist’s office, testing and eye exam as I’m monitored for glaucoma due to my family history. I felt like I was on the surface of the sun for a few hours, so much glare from having my pupils dilated. Back at it tomorrow!

Lili - Yes healthy knees & feet are a precious commodity, we need them both to stay in decent shape so we can keep moving. I get bored with the same instructor day after day too. I love variety.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-19, 08:37 AM  
mena

Tue 11/19 - Day 2 - JS YT Travel Friendly Cardio & Strength Circuit Workout. I don't think I did the correct workout yesterday. The link on her calendar wouldn't work for me for some reason so I had to type in the title in YouTube. I guess it doesn't matter anyway.

Wed 11/20 - Day 3 - JS YT Abs and Core. I really liked this workout. I much prefer abs to not be dozens of difficult reps (I'm thinking about Cathe here) because my abs are weak .

Lili - I'll be adding other instructors in on the wild card and rest days for sure. I also like having two choices for each day.

Waves to Everyone!
mena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-19, 09:28 AM  
mena

Thu 11/21 - Jessica Smith - Day 4 YT Stepping Strength. I enjoyed watching Peanut walking around a little bit during this workout. Mostly I've only seen her sleeping.
Old 11-21-19, 12:01 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

11/20 - I subbed another JS Yoga for the one on the schedule. I did Knees & Hips from Gentle Yoga and added a 1 Mile Power Walk.
11/21 - wild card day, so I tried a new to me DVD, Bob Harper's Boot Camp, level 1. I usually don't get anything with boot camp in the title, but this was pretty good. It wasn't rushed and a lot of the moves were held. Even the cardio sections weren't rushed. I also did 12 minutes on the spin bike!

Mena - Peanut is usually sleeping, but there are a few where she moves stuff around and goes behind the curtain.
Pam - glad you took a rest day! Having my pupils dilated really bothers me, but it's one of those necessary evils.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-19, 09:46 AM  
mena

Fri 11/22 - JS - YouTube Yoga Stretch. I only did about 15 minutes because I caught a cold yesterday, and I feel like cr@p today. I hardly slept last night so I feel like 15 minutes was enough--I made the effort to at least keep me on the rotation a little bit.

Lili - I'm glad you liked your new-to-you Bob Harper DVD. I've never tried any of his workouts.

I hope Everyone has a good weekend!
Old 11-23-19, 07:55 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Sporadic at best

Good Morning!

I'm going to check in before I head off to get some chores done. Is it possible that I haven't checked in since 11/12? I know I've come by and read. how can that be??? Oh well... here goes: (peloton, peloton and more peloton)!

11/13/2019:
Power Zone 30minutes with Matt + stretch

11/14/2019: REST DAY (oops!)

11/15/2019: Walked for 16k steps at Asbury Park and the next town over (work retreat). Been a SUPER long time since I walked that many steps.

11/16/2019: Walked some more for Pokemon Go Community Day (Asbury Park - they were having their 5k Turkey trot and their Polar Plunge! Boardwalk was pretty happenin')

11/17/2019: REST DAY (tired, tired, tired)

11/18/2019: Power Zone 45 minutes Matt Wilpers + stretch

11/19/2019: Power Zone 60 minutes with Denis Morton + stretch

11/20/2019: PZ Matt Wilpers 60 minutes plus PZ 30 minutes Power Zone with Matt plus 2 stretches

11/21/2019: PZ 45 minutes with Matt + stretch

11/22/2019: REST DAY (seems to be a common thing any more

Winter/cold, whatever is setting in. Uggggg. Glad I have the challenge to keep me at least doing SOMETHING. But now they have some theme rides, some fun rides, etc. that I want to also do ... (Billy Joel, Thanksgiving ones). OY ... not enough hours in the day.

Pam: Thanks for giving me permission to NOT like yoga. . not that it matters, but I have to agree, it's not for everyone.

Lili: I know I have some Bob Harper dvds somewhere, maybe I have that one. Congrats on the spinning. '

Mena: Look at you go with the JS rotation. I truly do better when I have (and stick to) rotations. Otherwise? This time of year? I'm a slug.

Waves to everyone else ....I have to go hit the bike and get cleaning for Thanksgiving.

Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-19, 07:55 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Every day ???

Good grief ...
In that check in alone, I had 3 rest days.
Old 11-23-19, 05:23 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Cleda - when you are doing 90 minute plus workouts, don't you think you earned rest days?
Mena - hope the cold passes quickly.

11/22 - rest day on rotation, so I did a fast mile with Leslie and Classical Stretch S4:E1. Miranda talks way too much in the beginning of this one.
11/23 - JS's Cardio Sculpt, then 22 minutes on the bike, and CS S6:E1. I'm feeling very stretched out! We also took the dogs for a walk.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-19, 12:27 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I’m back!

Nov 20:
~Yin yoga class
~3 km neighborhood walk with a stop at the beach to watch some ducks & seals swim by
~Barlates: Barre Bell HIIT Core
~Headstand
~MFML: Everybody Flows Hips & Hamstrings - very nice, I needed another stretch after Linda worked me over, lol. Should have done hers before yin

Nov 21:
~Taught Essentrics
~7 km walk

Nov 22:
~4 km walk

Nov 23:
~Body Groove Delicious Dance
~Essentrics TV: Tone & Sculpt
~6 km walk
~1 hour yin stretches on my own

Today:
~3 km walk
~slow flow yoga class - A lovely class taught by my niece’s partner.

We are in the city for the weekend. It was our eldest granddaughter’s 6th birthday on Friday, we’ve been having fun celebrating.

Mena - I hope you’re feeling better!

Cleda - I would agree that your rest days are definitely earned!

Lili - Classical Stretch Season 4 is an oldie! I worked my way through it several years ago & I don’t think it’s Miranda’s best work. Season 6 has some very nice episodes.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-19, 06:01 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Thank you

Both Mena & Lili for giving me permission for my rest days. I take them because I usually need them. Although, sometimes - I am lazy. . . But ... when doing doubles (and cycling 90-120 minutes) a day, I do feel like it's ok to rest when my body needs to rest. So yes Lili! I have earned them ....

Anyway ... on to the check in as I have to go hit the bike:

11/23/2019: Power Zone 45 minutes with Denis Morton. (called for challenge ride) followed up with Jenn Sherman's 45 minute Billy Joel Theme Ride + 2 cool down stretches.

11/24/2019: Matt Wilper's 45 minute Power Zone (called for challenge ride) followed by 30 minute Extra Credit to complete week 4 on the challenge. Plus two stretches

I LOVED Jenn's Billy Joel Ride. It was more of a low-ish impact ride for me and I sang my heart out. So great. I had been antsy to do this ride when it came out. So many rides (theme) so little time. By the time I do my 6 rides for the challenge, unless I double up?? I'm SOL ... But then again, the challenge will end and the rides are still on demand. This one was fun and I hope to go back to it.

I'm doing the "cleaning" workout for Thanksgiving. Long overdue and much needed. I am also looking forward to a 4 day weekend. And I hope to get lots of rides in over that time. I am right on schedule.

I watched "Brittany Runs a Marathon" which is now available on Amazon Prime. Jeffrey Lyons (does movie reviews) gave it a good review. And I enjoyed it. May have to watch it again.

That's it for now.
Waves to all.
Cleda