Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-19, 08:49 AM  
buffmama

Vannie - Hope your fur baby is doing better today.

Even with having to get a very early start to stay home Hampton is looking like the most likely course to completion. Once buffboy and his schoolwork keep me up training would be extra difficult. Here's hoping for an early spring! Once I get my planner for 2020 the training plan will be one of the first things added. By next month I should have signed myself up.
Old 11-07-19, 11:12 PM  
Vantreesta

Thanks, buff. He's not 100% yet but I think he's on the mend.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-19, 07:19 AM  
SandyO

I'll be following your training, buff. Plenty of time to build up slowly, so you stay injury free. Here's to a mild winter and early spring. I think we're due.

Vannie generously drove up to take me out to dinner last night. Great company and food once again.

Closing in EC today. Closing here Monday. A lot of boxes will be filled Saturday and Sunday.

Sandy O
Old 11-08-19, 10:58 PM  
Vantreesta

I was happy to do it, Sandy! Always enjoy spending time with you.

I WILL workout next week! Finally finished packing up Halloween decorations today.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 11-09-19, 05:08 PM  
Vantreesta

5.16 mile nature walk with hubby today and then lunch at Red Lobster. Yum! Cyric was so excited when we got home. He is back to normal now, thankfully.

Old 11-10-19, 03:18 PM  
buffmama

On to phase 2 of NROLL. Liked Mr and Mrs Muscle - lots of short hiit if that's your thing. It just works for NROL.

Starting to plot out the plan for Hampton. Looking for a half for the correct week. It's still early so I'm hopeful. Turns out I have to start running at the last week in March - it's cold then. Better the earlier short runs than the later long ones. I'm planning on following Galloway's To Finish Program but am thinking 22 miles before the marathon is more than enough.... Will also start with 2:1 intervals since going to 1:1 will be easier if I need to than from 1:1 ->2:1.

Vannie - Glad Cedric is doing better.
Sandy - Hope everything continues to go smoothly.
Old 11-10-19, 05:08 PM  
Vantreesta

Thanks, buff. It should help a lot that you have time build up slowly for your marathon. I'm a big believer in following someone's plan. It's why I keep using the 10k trainer app. Too much too fast can just derail everything.

Old 11-11-19, 10:49 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
I'm a big believer in following someone's plan. It's why I keep using the 10k trainer app. .
Finding one you like that works and sticking to it is great. However, a lot of the plans aren't that good. Very few cut back weeks, no taper etc. I did Tom Holland's for the half - never again. I'm trying Galloway's but as written it has you run to 26 miles - probably not a great idea. Most probably need some modifying at the longer distances for novices. Weekday runs are for time not distance, that's a new one on me, I might like it.
Old 11-13-19, 03:45 PM  
Vantreesta

I've been laid up since Monday with an out of whack SI joint. Improving daily but too slowly for me!

Buff, my friend and I had to postpone a couple weeks so I won't get the suspension trainer till then.

Old 11-14-19, 09:03 AM  
buffmama

Vannie - Hope you're feeling better. No worries on the suspension trainer. I'll be grateful whenever it gets here.

I changed up some of my exercises for phase 2 and can tell that my left leg is definitely not as strong as my right. Single leg RDL are much harder than step ups regardless of how you do them.