Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-14-19, 06:22 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Changes to barre3 streaming

I logged into barre3 online today and the changes they had mentioned in the summer have taken effect. I know it takes time to adjust to new things, but my first reaction to the changes is... I hate them!

They say they've created advanced filtering, but the only change I see is that you can now search by instructor, which is nice, but beyond that, I can't see anything new and wonderful. I and others who have posted on IG are noticing we have fewer workouts in our 'favorites' section. They have you answer all these very subjective questions about how you feel when you first log in, so maybe what they show you is affected by that?

Apparently they are creating a new metric based on your feelings. This will help you see your progress... your feelings.

Worst of all, they have eliminated the weekly recipes! I didn't use them every week, but it was a really nice feature and I thought it helped to justify the higher than industry standard pricing. Without that, it's just a site with workouts like all the rest.

Maybe there's something I'm missing, but I'm having a hard time seeing how these changes are beneficial to the consumer. I signed up for a one-year subscription back in May. I've really loved it, but I'm already starting to look around for other sites to try, and this new development is making me regret having signed up for a year. I wasn't planning on renewing my subscription in the spring, but now I definitely won't, and I struggle to recommend the site to others now. It's like you're getting less for the same high price.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-19, 06:44 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

I saw a Facebook or Instagram post about the changes and thought that the changes weren't all that great. I actually used some of them recipes, unlike many sites' recipes.

I'm getting the same feeling about these changes as I did when they dropped their lower priced streaming. They tried to say it was all about a better experience for the consumer, but I had a hard time understanding how giving us fewer options resulted in a better consumer experience.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-19, 07:57 PM  
lizr

I kept track of my B3 workouts by date and instructor. I see the date is no longer there for the new weekly additions. It's going to be a PITA to go back and find particular workouts.

Also- when I click on the menu bar in the upper left and select 'online workouts' I get dumped into a 'try for 2 weeks free' page.

I'll admit I'm old(ish) and crabby about change. Don't move the peanut butter in the grocery store and don't change my workout sites.
lizr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-19, 08:28 PM  
momofcha

I literally just logged on and was so confused. It’s hard to navigate and confusing for sure. My subscription expires in Nov and most likely I will not renew. They never named the weekly workouts and now this is more confusing than ever to find them.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-19, 09:18 PM  
prettyinpink

I don’t like the changes to the names, either.
You can make your own collections and name them now, which might be good.

I think some of the older workouts were more challenging, but they are gone now. I haven’t liked most of the new weekly workouts that much since I resubscribed. I still like the workouts overall, and I like that they don’t seem to take as much time with focused ab work as they used to.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-19, 10:06 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post
I logged into barre3 online today and the changes they had mentioned in the summer have taken effect. I know it takes time to adjust to new things, but my first reaction to the changes is... I hate them!
yep, this exactly. I'm really not that interested in feelings. I have a short time to workout and really just want to filter on workout type, upper/lower/total body, time, props, etc., and then by instructor. Thankfully, they finally added instructor.

I was previously using Google search to find Sadie's older workouts, which are harder in my opinion.

prettyinpink, I think the older workouts are still there. You have to know the name and then search for them. I found Cupid's Class and Fierce and Fun that way.

~Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-19, 08:33 AM  
Exercise Diva

When I emailed them last month with some questions I had, I was told that they would be removing the workouts that don't mesh with their current workout approach, which stinks because many of those are the longer workouts that I love. Well, this has made my decision to leave them easy - I've been on the fence for a while, and the person who responded to my last email told me to consider holding off on canceling, because I would "love" the changes to their site. There are too many great streaming platforms out there now, which offer so much more.
Exercise Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-19, 12:16 PM  
momofcha

Yeah, when I logged in and it asks me how I’m feeling “cranky Karen, cranky. Why did you change everything?”

Extremely easy for me to not renew next month now.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-19, 12:52 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exercise Diva View Post
When I emailed them last month with some questions I had, I was told that they would be removing the workouts that don't mesh with their current workout approach...
Huh, I wonder what the 'new approach' is? The only discernible difference I've found is that they now invite the use of heavier weights. Am I missing something?

As a general rule, I'd say streaming services should not remove content unless they absolutely have to (copyright violation or similar.) It really does not feel good to have material taken away, especially if it's a high-price site like barre3. I am especially peeved about the recipes. That gave the site a more comprehensive wellness angle. Now it's just workouts, and fewer at that! I think barre3 has made a huge mistake.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-19, 01:25 PM  
Exercise Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post
Huh, I wonder what the 'new approach' is? The only discernible difference I've found is that they now invite the use of heavier weights. Am I missing something?

As a general rule, I'd say streaming services should not remove content unless they absolutely have to (copyright violation or similar.) It really does not feel good to have material taken away, especially if it's a high-price site like barre3. I am especially peeved about the recipes. That gave the site a more comprehensive wellness angle. Now it's just workouts, and fewer at that! I think barre3 has made a huge mistake.
They didn't specify in their email to me. I couldn't believe it though when I went into their site this morning and searched for 60 minute workouts and there are six that are available now in the library??!! I sound like a broken record, I know, but they really need to lower their subscription price - $29 per month is too high for what they offer.
Exercise Diva is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barre 3, barre3, barre3 streaming