Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-18-19, 12:00 PM  
Jules

So my cold did end up getting worse over the weekend, and I had a sore throat and headache. Today I just have some sinus congestion.

I am helping my daughter get conditioned for her upcoming basketball season, and did Cathe's Travel Fit with her last night. She struggled a lot, especially with her form. Most days, I am just having her do light spinning on the bike for 10-15 minutes with another 15 minutes of calisthenics. Last year, she did not get in shape ahead of the season, and suffered from intense leg cramps during many of her games.

I am doing Cathe's Slow & Heavy series this week. Started out with Chest & Back this morning - it felt great! Cathe mixes up "reps" and "sets" a couple of times during the workout, but I forgive her, lol.
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-19, 02:59 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hi Jules! Sorry to hear you're still sick. I hope it passes quickly!
I think it's a great idea to get your daughter involved with more toning workouts. It sure has to help.

Well I woke up this morning at about 2:30 and was nauseous. I ended up throwing up and other nasty stuff so I turned off the alarm. I haven't had any stomach issues for a long time but last night it came back. Only thing we can think of is that I ate some Elk steak last night...perhaps just didn't agree with me? I love Elk meat but it didn't love me back.

So nothing today.
Backtracking:
Last Thursday I did do LMOD Body Combat 63. So much fun!!
Friday I did Tapout XT2 Drench. I just wanted a good cardio workout which this one is. It has a bunch of burpees though - my love to hate/hate to love move. But good cardio!

Tomorrow I'm doing today's planned workout from Cathe Live - the first Vertical Loading. I am feeling better, just a little tired...nothing a good night's sleep won't fix.

Have a great week!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-19, 10:26 AM  
Jules

Kate- Oh No! I hope your energy is better today. Could be the elk, but maybe it is a stomach virus? It is the season when norovirus is rampant. Either way, I am sure that you won't want to eat elk again for a while!

I am still pretty congested this morning. I think I will do a little bit of kickboxing from Cathe's 4 Day Split and follow up with some 30 for 30 yoga.
Old 11-19-19, 02:49 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Jules: I feel better. Whatever it was didn't last long, thank goodness. I don't get sick very often but when I do, it seems to hit my stomach/gastro.

Today I did another Cathe Live - Vertical Loading #1. I like this one better than #2 even though they are both quite good. #1 just hits me the right way. Plus I really needed a good workout to clear the "crud" feeling. Ahhhh.
The flow of exercises and the weights I used really challenged me, and it is also a fun workout. Cathe is pretty amped up. And she doesn't keep count many times - she just tells you to keep working. Whew!

I am still doing some Yoga every day and meditating. Keeps me even. ;-)

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

Old 11-20-19, 02:53 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Feeling back to myself today. Glad these 'bugs' go by fast. Jules hope you are feeling better too.

Today I did Peak 10 Fit Body Challenge Cardio Strength Studio V2. This was better than the Studio version 1. Better flow and fun exercises although I got a bit lost on some of the choreography. But the good thing is, Michelle repeats each circuit twice so I could catch on.
These are tougher workouts than I expect. I keep thinking I could use my 15s for my heavies, but nope. 8s for lights are good and I have been using 10s for my heavies. As we discussed, we both need 12s.

Planning on doing Body Step 114 tomorrow. I just previewed it and it looks fun. Jules have you done this one yet?

Old 11-21-19, 12:49 PM  
Jules

Kate- Thanks for the well-wishes. I am still very congested, but mainly because I have had busy days all week and have not had much rest. I am glad you are feeling better! You sure are getting your money's worth out of Peak 10. It's awesome when you find something new that just clicks!

I have not tried BodyStep 114 yet, but I did try The Trip #17 this morning. I enjoyed it a lot! It has more techno music than past workouts and plenty of eclectic scenery to keep things interesting. It's a keeper.
Old 11-21-19, 02:13 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hey Jules, have you tried things like Cold-Eze? Or something with zinc, Vitamin C and Echinacea? i hope you can get some rest as we go into Thanksgiving.

Body Step 114 was fun!! I noticed a few comments about bad choreography and not being a good release but I thought it was great. I really like step workouts but I don't want to have to worry about catching on to fancy footwork. Many of Cathe's step workouts are just too hard to do sometimes.

This was good though, had some driving music, good instructors and I was a sweaty mess at the end. Man are my legs/butt feeling it!

I have often thought about trying some of The Trip workouts on my elliptical. I've been able to do other Spin workouts that way with success since I can adjust the resistance on my machine. I should preview... ;-)

Old 11-22-19, 12:29 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

TGIF!!!

Ended the week with Group Rx Axis #4 and #5. These are all 30 minute workouts. Even though there is a strong core focus on these, they're really total body.
I did #5 first because that uses light weights. I used 8s and was challenged. Really blows my mind that I have to stay light like that. But the reps and exercises don't let you go too heavy.
Then followed with #4 because that's all just bodyweight.

Anyway, great workouts!! I'm feeling it in my legs/butt the most.
Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Old 11-25-19, 08:15 PM  
Jules

Howdy! My son caught my cold and has a fever so I stayed home with him today. I was doing my workout (STS M1/W1 Chest, Shoulders, & Biceps) and went to get a drink of water, BUT THERE WAS NO WATER!

My husband came home from work to check it out and there is something wrong with our well. Of course everyone is busy with Thanksgiving, but he finally got ahold of someone who is going to take a look at it tomorrow. Until then, no running water.

I ran into town today to pick up bottled water, paper plates, and some ready-to-eat meals just in case it takes a few days to fix. Fingers crossed it gets fixed tomorrow! Luckily we don't have anyone coming over for Thanksgiving this year.

I am planning to do STS M1/W1 for all my lifting this week, and am contemplating doing a full round of it. Not sure yet.

Kate! I knew you would go all in on the new Michelle Dozois! Any big plans for Thanksgiving?
Old 11-26-19, 12:47 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hey Jules! We have a well too and it is critical when we run out of water. I hope it gets fixed super quick! And that there is nothing major wrong with it either?

We did have plans to go see my aunt and cousin in South Dakota on Thurs but we're supposed to have a huge snow storm go through starting tonight...right where we would be going. So guess we're staying home. The snow may quit on Wed but expecting 8-10 inches of snow so travel is shot.

Yes with the discount it was an easy choice!

Yesterday and today was Cathe live downloads.
Yesterday I did Buff Upper Body and went super heavy. Like to failure on some reps. It felt great. I was sore yesterday but today I feel great.'

Today I did Oh My Quad and did the whole thing with my 60lb weighted vest. Yowza!! I did not add any extra weights except for the deadlifts. GREAT workout! I did take the vest off for the floor work...not necessary and too hard to lay down in anyway.
LEG DAAAAAY!