Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-04-16, 01:15 PM  
Cowgirl32

Techy Question: How do I stream these great programs to my TV?

Color me confused. Is there a step by step guide to help stream online workouts to your TV. Help a sista out!!

Thanksssss sweet VFers
Old 08-04-16, 02:10 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Which workouts? And what do you have? Do you want to stream from your computer? Do you have a smart TV or device like the Amazon Fire box?

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-16, 02:21 PM  
Cowgirl32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratima View Post
Which workouts? And what do you have? Do you want to stream from your computer? Do you have a smart TV or device like the Amazon Fire box?
Beachbody on demand? I want to stream from my laptop. I have a smart TV, but do not have an Amazon Fire Box/stick thing.
Old 08-04-16, 02:27 PM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

You need to have a laptop that takes an HDMI cord. You should be able to plug this from your laptop into your smart tv. Most if not all smart tv's have an HDMI plug/outlet. You will then put your TV on the imput for that HDMI plug and you will be able to see your workouts on the smart tv. It really isn't hard at all. My DS showed me how to do it. I stream SBF workouts, and barre3, and it works fine. Hope I explained this okay. I am not good with the tech words and such
Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-16, 02:26 PM  
Cowgirl32

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfit41 View Post
You need to have a laptop that takes an HDMI cord. You should be able to plug this from your laptop into your smart tv. Most if not all smart tv's have an HDMI plug/outlet. You will then put your TV on the imput for that HDMI plug and you will be able to see your workouts on the smart tv. It really isn't hard at all. My DS showed me how to do it. I stream SBF workouts, and barre3, and it works fine. Hope I explained this okay. I am not good with the tech words and such
Sherry
Where do I get an HDMI cord? I know where to plug it in, but have no idea of what to get.
Old 08-05-16, 03:00 PM  
Zenara25

If your laptop and TV both have HDMI then the link below is probably what you will need. Make sure you look at the connection especially on your laptop to be sure it's the right kind. If you list the make and model of your laptop someone here might be able to help. Or you can take your laptop to your local electronics store and they can help you out. Just don't buy Monster Cable. It's a complete rip off. A digital HDMI cable either works or it doesn't. Price doesn't mean it's providing a better signal.
https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-...ics+hdmi+cable
Zenara25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-16, 03:07 PM  
kelsey211
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowgirl32 View Post
Where do I get an HDMI cord? I know where to plug it in, but have no idea of what to get.
Amazon has a great selection of HDMI cables, in different lengths. I usually get the Amazon Basics high speed ones. I also like Mediabridge.

HDMI cables at Amazon

If both your computer and TV have HDMI, get the HDMI to HDMI cable.
Old 08-05-16, 04:34 PM  
NorthernStar

All you need is a basic HDMI cable. They're inexpensive ($5-10) and you can get from Amazon, Best Buy, etc. Walk into the store and just ask for an HDMI cable. There's no fancy version, you can't be upsold. Plug it in to your laptop from your tv and you can extend your screen. It's easy-peasy.
NorthernStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-16, 04:41 PM  
IceQueen07

Does anyone know if you can you stream the different workout sites with an Amazon Fire Stick?

I stream now with an IPAD and adapter to my TV, but was looking at getting the Amazon Stick.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-16, 10:46 AM  
Cowgirl32

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernStar View Post
All you need is a basic HDMI cable. They're inexpensive ($5-10) and you can get from Amazon, Best Buy, etc. Walk into the store and just ask for an HDMI cable. There's no fancy version, you can't be upsold. Plug it in to your laptop from your tv and you can extend your screen. It's easy-peasy.
I don't know if this is available on my Mac Lap top