Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-28-11, 11:32 AM  
susan p
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstar View Post
I agree that in this case, Collage is doing everything it can to help the situation. I do find it interesting, however, how many people are so completely devoted to Collage that they found it necessary to defend a company. I doubt the original poster would get that kind of response if the poster had mentioned a problem with Amazon instead, for example.
People share their experiences with vendors here all the time, good and bad. There's even a specific forum for it.

That's the beauty of a consumer site; you get both sides of the story and can decide for yourself. For instance, I've NEVER had a bad experience with Beach Body. But so many people have that I'm still a little leery. The bulk of experiences with Mary and Collage are positive, though, and there's nothing wrong with saying so as a counterbalance.

It seems to me that glitchy dvds are becoming a more and more common problem. Apparently replicating facilities aren't what they used to be; or maybe they're using cheaper materials (I know the packaging materials have gotten worse for sure.) Vendors are going to be dealing with this type of issue more and more, I suspect.
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-11, 11:41 AM  
bee1forfitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstar View Post
I agree that in this case, Collage is doing everything it can to help the situation. I do find it interesting, however, how many people are so completely devoted to Collage that they found it necessary to defend a company. I doubt the original poster would get that kind of response if the poster had mentioned a problem with Amazon instead, for example.
Wait!, I'm not so sure about that, I ordered a lot from Amazon I think Amazon is a class act...I've had NO issues with Amazon...so there you have it... I guess I'm a Amazon defender
bee1forfitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-11, 11:52 AM  
sophie kat

Although that almost goes without saying I've never had an issue with Mary, but I've never had a problem with Amazon either. They pay the return shipping on defective dvds just like Mary.

I my VF friends!
sophie kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-11, 12:17 PM  
paideiamom
VF Supporter

Well, I have had a "problem" with Mary, and she cleared it up quickly and painlessly and all were happy.

Never had a "problem" with Collage. I have ordered about the same amount from each.

Don't generally order workouts from Amazon, though I have never had a problem with Amazon on anything I have ever ordered.

I think every business has it defenders and detractors and every "fact" has multiple perspectives and every post reader has a different history/perception to apply to the post.

"Moderation is remembered only after the deed is done." Mirabelle Watkinson, fabulous writer in residence.

"I am patient with stupidity but not those who are proud of it." Edith Sitwell

Words matter.

I thought I had seen it all. Then I tried on my bathing suit. (Unknown sage at craft show)
paideiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-11, 12:54 PM  
Just_Jo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
Why shouldn't people defend Collage if they feel they haven't done anything wrong? And actually, if the situation was the same, but a different seller involved (such as Amazon or anyone else for that matter), I wouldn't hesitate to defend them, either, if I felt they hadn't done anything wrong.
I agree.

I share the love, I buy from Mary, Collage, Jen when I remember, and from instructors, and Amazon Marketplace. I would have defended any one of them had their names been in place of Collage.
Just_Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-11, 12:59 PM  
Gams

I like ordering workouts from Amazon - especially when there's only 1 workout I'm interested in. Then I tell myself, "Gee, it's a shame to not have a $25.00 order so you can get that free shipping - better order a new Kathy Van Zeeland purse." (Nothing like spending another $30 to get free shipping!)
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-11, 01:03 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

For me, I have had all issues resolved well with Collage and with Mary. I also buy from Amazon and have had great customer service.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-11, 01:38 PM  
kali1

When you click on 100% guaranteed, Even opened videos, Collage has this statement posted:

Quote:
Also, free replacement ... forever
No matter how long you've owned it, any damaged or defective DVD will be repaired (or replaced, as long as it is still in production).
Mary will replace a DVD within the 60 day time frame but if a glitch is found after that 60 day mark, she will not replace the DVD. Amazon will replace a defective DVD within the 30 day mark but after that time, they won't. As much as I love shopping at Mary's site and Amazon, Collage has a free replacement forever on any DVD you purchase from them. Collage always stands behind their customers and will make it right. The glitch isn't Collage's fault.
kali1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-11, 01:06 AM  
lindseylu8

I agree w/ Donna NOT COLLAGES fault that jillians DVD is flawed & they will make good. I would edit the title of this thread to "annoyed with jillians DVD"

You can find a link to my fitness blog in my profile
lindseylu8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-11, 05:12 AM  
2ndgen

Mary replaced a DVD that had a glitch even though I had it several months, no questions, very helpful.

My shopping experiences with Collage go back a long time and are totally positive, ditto Amazon.

Re why someone should not post about their positive viewpoint of a company being negatively referenced for everyone to see is beyond me. (Rhymes.)

It is not Collage's fault that a DVD had a glitch. To title a thread in a manner indicating Collage was at fault does not support the facts so perhaps that was why there were Collage defending posts.
2ndgen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collage, collage video, collagevideo.com, defective dvd, jillian michaels, ripped in 30