Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-21-19, 07:20 AM  
Rhonda

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytbody View Post
Trying to get rid of it is just as stressful. I have it on Craigslist. All my yard sale forums and the fb marketplace. And it’s not alone
I use mine all the time. I have Peloton app and love all the walks/runs/bootcamps on it. I don't run so I adjust those to my level. I also will end a weight workout or any workout with a 10 minute walk to cooldown. This is especially if there is no cooldown. Just jump on it and walk. Then I can stretch.

Don't get me wrong, there were times it sat and noone used it. It is like the elliptical hubby had to buy as he was going to use it. He used it for a few months and now that sits. It wasn't cheap either. I used it once in a blue moon.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-19, 09:23 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I love this annual thread.

Best:
  • Most effective physical therapist I ever had, and the home exercises she taught me
  • Pilates reformer sessions at physical therapy
  • Bintiva round stability disc
  • Sling Shot Mark Bell hip circle
  • YMAA Lee Holden DVDs - Strong Bones, Anxiety, Better Breathing, Energy & Vitality, Healthy Joints, Arms, Wrists & Hands
  • Completing my collection of available Jane Fonda DVDs

I didn't have any worsts, but I quit my free trial of Daily Burn early and gave up on Essentrics. I recommend both of those highly but they're just not a fit for my physical concerns and preferred methods of moving.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-19, 09:02 PM  
ncl

Best: Cathe LITE and Cathe LIVE. Also, I think I got some Tracie Long's this year, the last series, the Grand Totals. I really got into Tracie Long this last year. I loved her studio series as well but don't know if those were this year or last year or some other year. I am terrible at keeping track of that.

Worst: ??? I mostly stick to what I love, so no bad tries for me this year.
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-19, 08:08 AM  
antbuko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
I love this annual thread.

Best:
  • Most effective physical therapist I ever had, and the home exercises she taught me
  • Pilates reformer sessions at physical therapy
  • Bintiva round stability disc
  • Sling Shot Mark Bell hip circle
  • YMAA Lee Holden DVDs - Strong Bones, Anxiety, Better Breathing, Energy & Vitality, Healthy Joints, Arms, Wrists & Hands
  • Completing my collection of available Jane Fonda DVDs

I didn't have any worsts, but I quit my free trial of Daily Burn early and gave up on Essentrics. I recommend both of those highly but they're just not a fit for my physical concerns and preferred methods of moving.
Pat, what do you do with the Bintiva disc? I bought one years ago to sit on at work but I haven't used it since then. Would love to put it to good use.
Old 11-22-19, 03:10 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Best: Cathe Live downloads

Worst: Can't think of anything.

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-19, 03:12 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Oops!

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-19, 09:11 AM  
Buzzer

BEST:
I didn't buy a whole lot this year huh. I wonder what I was doing? so weird for me. However, my best are:

core fusion 30 day sculpt
Ttapps (all of them)

WORST:
All those Jillian Michaels DVD's I got at Family Dollar. I was so excited to buy them, now they sit in my "probably selling or donating some day" bin. I haven't even had a twinge of a thought to pull them out of there. They are still in their shrink-wrap.
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-19, 07:44 PM  
cecififi

This is the second year in a row where I didn't buy a single DVD. I have hundreds. that said, I added into my streaming mix Studio Sweat on Demand as I have a spin bike and Millionaire Hoy's streaming site. I've been subscribing to Cathe since the start. All in all I now stream three sites and am really pleased with them all. They will all be renewed in 2020. Millionaire Hoy's site is full of workouts (hundreds and hundreds it seems) that are shocking my body in ways I haven't seen in a decade. I am slimming down instantly around my mid section. Finally! Love MH.
cecififi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-19, 08:54 AM  
darbyndoug

The only thing I purchased this year was a step and a hip circle...that's it! It's been a long time since I used a DVD.
darbyndoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-19, 09:56 AM  
Donatella
VF Supporter

Best purchases were:

Toniques, which I'm addicted to and didn't even think I'd like. I was originally inspired to buy them by Mary's $4.99 DVD sale. After that, I ended up buying almost all of the downloads from Sylwia.

Linda's Barlates Body Blitz Endurance series (especially the 100/110/120 series) and Flow series. These are great workouts and many are around 30-40 minutes so can be used on busy days or combined with another short workout. I get so much use out of these.

Worst: none this year!
Donatella is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
best of, hits and misses, lee holden favorites, worst of, yoga headstand bench