Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-05-19, 12:58 PM  
dakko

Quote:
Well, I was really disappointed after looking forward to these.
Which of her workouts did you try?
dakko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-19, 04:08 PM  
Gams

I didn’t care much for Dance That Walk Cardio Party but I like Dance That Walk 2 and it goes by pretty quickly for an hour long workout maybe because it’s broken up into 3 minute dance segments. I didn’t find the pace frantic at all. The only segment that’s really fast is the first jive segment and the fast part is just marching in place - the other steps in the segment are done half time. There IS quite a bit of repetition with a few tweaks and different arm movements to keep it from being too monotonous.

Two things I don’t care for: Gina doesn’t cue well and the set is stark white with bright white lights along the floor that annoy me and make Gina and her buddies look jaundice.

The workout cover says “over 7500 steps”. My pedometer registered just over 5100 steps but that’s not unusual with some of the steps being kicks and taps and such.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-19, 05:36 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

I've ordered her Total Body Circuit Walks 1 and 2 and they're scheduled to arrive tomorrow. My body's so tired lately I can't take heavy duty exercise but I always prefer circuits with weights. These are an hour long each but have upper/lower body optionsv that are around 35 minutes, which works for me. I hope I like them.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-19, 06:08 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
I've ordered her Total Body Circuit Walks 1 and 2 and they're scheduled to arrive tomorrow. My body's so tired lately I can't take heavy duty exercise but I always prefer circuits with weights. These are an hour long each but have upper/lower body optionsv that are around 35 minutes, which works for me. I hope I like them.
Gina, let me know how you like Circuit Walk 1. I really enjoy Circuit 2 and I am thinking of also getting the first one but I wonder how similar are they.

Oh, when you do Circuit Walk 2, don't skip bonus 12 min Standing Abs. This one is really fun with best music of all. I've done this DVD several times already and often reach for it.
Old 11-18-19, 08:34 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Hi Dana, I'll check them out and compare for you when they arrive. I hope they're different enough to warrant buying both. And I hope those bright lights in #2 don't get to me. But I could sure use some variety and consistency!

I'm so glad to hear you really like it!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-19, 04:15 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Hi Dana, I'll check them out and compare for you when they arrive. I hope they're different enough to warrant buying both. And I hope those bright lights in #2 don't get to me. But I could sure use some variety and consistency!

I'm so glad to hear you really like it!
Thanks, Gina! Someone here mentioned those bright lights in #2 and I actually had to go back and check what they're talking about. Yes, the lights are there but I enjoy the workout so much that I didn't even notice them!
Old 11-19-19, 07:55 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Never heard of her, but this one from YouTube looks fun. I’d call it a low impact cardio workout versus a walk. Is she alone in all of her workouts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aU6_QsidEU4
Joni O is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-19, 08:23 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
At least in Circuit 2 DVD, she's with 2 other ladies. One doesn't use weights, and one shows more advanced version, although I wouldn't call it that. It's not something I would necessarily consider "strength" workout, but it's fun and she uses weights in between low impact cardio intervals. He youtube workouts have better music than the DVD I own, but it's still fun.
Old 11-19-19, 04:15 PM  
Gams

In the 4 workouts of hers that I have she’s with two other women and one of them is her mother. I mentioned in another thread it has a very Jessica Smith-like set up. 😁
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-19, 06:37 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quick comparison between Total Body Circuits 1 and 2. Both feature 20 min upper and lower body circuits that can be combined into a longer total body circuits (all options are on the menu). Both follow the 5m cardio/5m sculpting format but they differ in that Workout #1 does its 5m strength intervals as 4 exercises done for 1 minute each, followed by a 1m 'burnout' exercise. While Workout 2 divides each 5m strength segment into 3 30-second exercise circuits which are then repeated 2 more times, followed by a 30-second 'burnout'.

Here are the exercises included in Workout 1:

Warmup (10m)
Upper Body Circuit
(5m cardio)
Strength 1: Bicep curls
Shoulder front raises
Tricep kickbacks
Rear lateral lifts
Burnout: weighted standing abs
(5m cardio)
Strength 2: Hammer curls
Overhead wide shoulder press
Chest pushouts
Triceps (kickbacks or overhead press)
Burnout : weighted standing abs (different)
Lower Body Circuit
(5m cardio)
Strength 1: Squats (regular or plie)
Side and rear standing leg extensions
Deadlifts
Plie calf raises
Burnout: weighted knee repeaters
(5m cardio)
Strength 2 : Deadlifts
Rear lunges, one leg
Rear lunges, other leg
Plie calf raises