Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-19, 08:50 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I go for something gentle, like a walk outside or a short workout. I like to do Sarah Beth's yoga on Youtube, she has a lot of gentle and mind-easing practics.

Best wishes to your pets. I have to say - I've seen hundred page cat threads at VF on many occasions. This is the first rat thread, to my knowledge.

We love them all, big and small.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-19, 09:59 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Aww, Venus, ailing pets can be so difficult. Hope they are better soon!

For me, the bad day workout depends on the type of bad day. Sometimes I want to kick and punch things, so kickboxing is good. Sometimes I want great music, and sometimes I don't want to get up off the floor. I suggest taking a few moments to assess your needs in that situation and then plug in a workout to fit.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-19, 10:06 AM  
Venus

Thank you for the encouragement and workout recommendations!

Peanut had her surgery on Monday. It went well, but she started chewing at the area after recovering and the vet put the cone on her, too. She didn't have to wear it, though, because it didn't fit her well. She got out of everything else the vet tried, too. We made some changes to her aftercare based on what was stressing Jelly out, and it's been much better so far. Peanut's been chewing the scabs a bit, but she can't seem to reach most of the area, so it's not been too bad. I think posting this thread was helpful, too. Reading the replies kept my mind off worrying for a while.

Last week, I did some longer and some heavier weight workouts in anticipation. Monday, I took a rest day since I was a bit sore and hadn't slept well. Yesterday, I did Sleek Physique. It was a yoga day, so I also did a short Leslie walk. I plan to continue the Sleek Physique this week, but will probably add in or sub workouts as needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geojill View Post
You have gotten some good suggestions for videos but Sherri’s suggestion of walking (in her case, she walks her dog) is probably what helps me the most, too. My suggestion of Virtual Active is the indoor equivalent I suppose. But getting out in “nature” and getting fresh air does WONDERS. My work has a path around the building. I either walk there or through the industrial neighborhood across the road twice a day with a friend from work. And we always feel better mentally and physically after the walk. It perks us up, gets us away from stressed at work, the walking is meditative if you’re by yourself. Unless it’s snowing or windy, we get out and walk as long as the temp is above freezing.

Long story short, if you can get outside and walk, even for short walks, it’s really helpful.
A few people suggested an outdoor walk, but we've had some snow and I haven't felt like going outside much I settled for indoor walking instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
Venus - hugs to you, Jelly and Peanut! It is so stressful worrying about our animal companions.

Things have been nuts for me too lately. My cat injured himself severely and I have been having my own painful health issues.

My kitty is on the mend, but I am still working on getting help for my issues.

Some days it's Leslie Sansone. Or, Lee Holden. Or, a very gentle floor stretch. Or, nothing!
I remember your post about your cat's emergency while you were on vacation. I was thinking of you last week and hoping you and your kitty were doing well. I hope you feel better soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhbrand View Post
I like doing something I can do mindlessly. Like Leslie, or one of the Slim Series. Something that just flows and I don't have to think or really pay attention.
I did a Leslie walk yesterday. I could keep an eye on the rats while I did it. Slim Series might be too long for me, but Slim in 6 sounds pretty good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annette View Post
My go to workout when I was stressed or just really didn't feel like doing anything was Christi Taylor Still Jumpin' or HiLo Heaven (I know, they're oldies ). However since I now have feet issues I can't pivot or shuffle like she does in so many of her routines. I really miss her workouts. She's so fun and positive and her music is great.

Stretching is now my go to for hard days. I'll do a 5 minute warm up on my own.
Still Jumpin'- I haven't done it in so long! I got Christi's Pure Spice Cinnamon out as an option, but I should do Still Jumpin' soon. I've been doing short yoga practices as add ons; they've been relaxing when I'm feeling tense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
I go for something gentle, like a walk outside or a short workout. I like to do Sarah Beth's yoga on Youtube, she has a lot of gentle and mind-easing practics.

Best wishes to your pets. I have to say - I've seen hundred page cat threads at VF on many occasions. This is the first rat thread, to my knowledge.

We love them all, big and small.
Gentle and short seems to be what I want to do right now. I like Sarah Beth's yoga, too, but I forget sometimes. So many options on YouTube.

I hadn't seen a rat thread, either. I wasn't sure about posting, but I'm so glad people have been nice about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
Aww, Venus, ailing pets can be so difficult. Hope they are better soon!

For me, the bad day workout depends on the type of bad day. Sometimes I want to kick and punch things, so kickboxing is good. Sometimes I want great music, and sometimes I don't want to get up off the floor. I suggest taking a few moments to assess your needs in that situation and then plug in a workout to fit.
I pulled out a mix of gentle, fun, and tough options for the week. I've been wanting something gentler for now. Thanks for the advice!
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-19, 12:37 PM  
Mickey12

Venus,

I'm glad things are looking up. Yes, there is a lot of pet love on this site and it's a wealth of encouragement.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-19, 11:00 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Venus, I'm glad that the pet situation is improving. It does make for a lot of worry.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
feel good workouts