Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

View Poll Results: How often to you replace your workout shoes?
0 - 6 months 5 8.47%
6 months -1 year 17 28.81%
1 year - 2 years 22 37.29%
3 years or more 15 25.42%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-22-19, 11:51 AM  
wendug

Poll- How often do you replace your workout shoes?

I'm just curious how often everyone replaces their workout shoes. I seem to go through them quite quickly, but feet are very finicky and if my shoes don't have support my workout suffers.
Old 09-22-19, 12:01 PM  
cherimac

I didn't vote because I do barefoot workouts so...
Old 09-22-19, 12:21 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I need the "10+" year option!

I have given up on finding good/comfortable workout shoes. I still wear a very old pair of New Balance shoes. Every few years I try new brands and styles and have no luck.

I used to replace my workout shoes yearly.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-19, 12:22 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherimac View Post
I didn't vote because I do barefoot workouts so...
I didn't even think of that as an option. The only workout I do barefoot is yoga and I don't do nearly enough of that!
Old 09-22-19, 12:27 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
I need the "10+" year option!

I have given up on finding good/comfortable workout shoes. I still wear a very old pair of New Balance shoes. Every few years I try new brands and styles and have no luck.

I used to replace my workout shoes yearly.
Yes, finding good workout shoes is quite the task! As soon as I find something that works for me the company discontinues it (K-Swiss Tubes were awesome, then they changed them and discontinued them completely. ) Lately I've had luck with Reebok cross-trainers.
Old 09-22-19, 01:12 PM  
Erica H.

I run a lot so I have to frequently replace my running shoes. I try to stretch it out to three months just because of the expense but less time would be better.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-19, 01:14 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

I have an embarrassingly large selection of workout shoes and I alternate among them. I have problem feet---hammertoes, bunions, high arches that need support, etc. so I can't use the shoes after a certain period of time when the cushioning starts to flatten. It's hard to determine the exact time frame since I do alternate a lot. My feet are also getting worse so shoes that fit fine a few months ago don't feel right now. **sigh** Once the cushioning starts to flatten out, I turn them into "street shoes" that I don't use for workouts. When they don't even feel right for casual wearing, I donate them to a local running store that recycles them by providing them to charities. More than the poll asked for!

Again, I can't vote on the poll for some reason. Maybe it's the browser I use or my security settings. Who knows.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-19, 01:34 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

I voted 6 months to a year, but it depends how often I'm working out and if it's high impact or just walking a few miles on the treadmill. I used to do fairly high impact step a few times a week and I always knew it was time to get new shoes when my knees would start to ache a tiny bit after workouts.

Whenever I find a workout shoe that I like, I buy a lot of pairs of it because I know inevitably they will be discontinued by the next time I need a pair. Edited to add: I do the same (stocking up) when I find a sneaker for just running errands, etc.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-19, 01:37 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I do pretty much all workouts in bare feet except for the occasional step. I have a pair of indoor shoes I’ve had for ages but I replace my outdoor walking shoes every 12-18 months. I do a lot of walking when I travel so I often leave a pair of sneakers behind to make room in my bag for a little shopping.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-19, 04:04 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I walk every day and I replace the running shoes I wear for that once a year. The most I use my indoor shoes is for strength workouts (not much wear there), some Jessica cardios and a few Leslies here and there (not much wear there, either). Everything else is barefoot. I don’t even remember the last time I replaced those.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shoes, sneakers, workout shoes