Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-28-11, 11:02 AM  
bfit

update on Ripped in 30 problem with Collage

I heard back from Collage via e-mail about the 3 in a row defective Ripped in 30 DVDs I've gotten from them. They claimed it was a compatibility issue - that the DVDs play fine there (with only a "slight hesitation") but they don't play on both of my DVD players. They said they're talking to the manufacturer about it, and I can get my money back. In the meantime, I found the same workout yesterday at Barnes and Noble for 10% off, I bought it, we watched it all the way through on the same DVD player as the other ones were played on, and it's fine. Whatever the problem is it's not in every DVD. I'm glad I can get my money back from Collage, but it's sort of disturbing that they just keep sending these defective DVDs out one after another. They should just say the DVD is not available until they get this problem worked out.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-11, 11:17 AM  
pharma_gal

I got mine from Wal-mart and it plays fine.
R.
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-11, 11:28 AM  
bee1forfitness

Or maybe the DVD's aren't defective...they just aren't playing on your DVD player...I've experience this with DVDs they play fine on my family room DVD player but not on my workout room DVD player fine on my computer. Players are so different and are just sensitive on some DVDs, that's pretty common. I'm glad Collage was able to refund your money back. I once brought a Firm workout from Best Buy that wouldn't work on any of my players...needless to say Best Buy wouldn't take it back because it had been open :-( so at least you got your money back, I say that pretty good for you and I give props to Collage as been an ethical vendor. IMHO seems like everything worked out for you
bee1forfitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-11, 11:34 AM  
susan p
VF Supporter

There are reviews on amazon wherein people are having the same glitch problem. I just commented on your other thread that it seems like glitchy dvds are becoming a more and more common issue. And the packaging materials are also getting thinner/cheaper. You can only go so cheap with your materials and still put out a decent product.

On edit, since some players are more glitch-sensitive than others, maybe the problem is in the quality of the players rather than the discs?? At any rate, SOMETHING is not right here, as freezes, pixelating, disappearing sound, and other types of glitches seem to be showing up with increasing frequency.
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-11, 11:41 AM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Glad you're going to get your money back and found another working one with even a 10% discount!
I agree with you though, if it's known that the DVDs are defective, it might be better not to send them out...

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-11, 11:43 AM  
caligurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfit View Post
In the meantime, I found the same workout yesterday at Barnes and Noble for 10% off, I bought it, we watched it all the way through on the same DVD player as the other ones were played on, and it's fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bee1forfitness View Post
Or maybe the DVD's aren't defective...they just aren't playing on your DVD player.
if it was her player... then why did the one she purchased at B&N play jusr fine?

i agree with bfit that collage should not send out any more of their obviously faulty batch!

my Rin30 plays just fine (but i didn't buy it from collage, either!)
it is NOT against the rules to say DIET on this forum!
-----
"VFers have a right to post negative opinions about an instructor,
and there is not a limit on the number of times they do so".
- WWWendy

-----
"...no matter how unpopular you perceive your opinion to be, we guarantee you
are not the only one here who holds that opinion, and you should feel free to express it."
- WWWendy via forum guidelines
caligurl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collage, collage video, collagevideo.com, defective dvd, ripped in 30