Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-21-19, 07:42 AM  
hch
VF Supporter

Smile Workouts, 2019-03-21, Thursday

If you'd like to join, post your workouts and other activity for this day!
"It doesn't happen all at once," said the Skin Horse. "You become. It takes a long time. That's why it doesn't happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand."

The Velveteen Rabbit
hch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-19, 07:56 AM  
owltx

Today I did another new one (to me) - Sara Haley Sweat Unlimited. This was one of the ones included in a recent lot purchase that I wasn't sure of, but the price for the whole lot was really good, so I just thought I would try it. I like the format - it is divided into 3 different workouts. Cardio, strength and a box/core. I tried cardio this morning but didn't last through the whole workout. I liked her, and I liked the music, but it just did not get my heart rate up enough. I wasn't particularly engaged either. I am intrigued by the box/core workout - that might be the one I click with on here. So I pulled it out and put in another one I received in this lot: Mike Donavik's Metabolic Conditioning. Well no worries about heart rate up here. I only wanted the cardio circuits; the chaptering was awful, so I had to fast forward a lot. I think I will like the whole workout when I do it all as intended. Though I will say the music was pretty bad. He does have a music off option, so that is likely what I will do next time.
Old 03-21-19, 03:07 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Jane Adams Gentle Yoga Desk and Computer Work Relief with my husband
Circuit Burnout 90 Upper Body Toning
Progressive Stretch - Laurie Tuchman (old Sara City VHS)

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-19, 04:06 PM  
Erica

Cathe - Metabolic Blast
Erica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-19, 04:49 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Went to the gym and did my own, Eat Lift Thrive-inspired workout.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-19, 06:33 PM  
weener
VF Supporter

Cathe's Strong and Sweaty Ramped Up Upper Body

I hr walk outside

~~~~~~~~~
I grew up as teener weener. It got shorten to weener when a nephew was learning to talk and he just called me weener.

www.flickr.com/photos/32418450@N05/
weener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-19, 07:13 PM  
wendug

Leslie Sansone - 3 mile strong walk + another 1 mile Leslie walk. Both were on YouTube so I'm not sure of the titles.
Old 03-21-19, 08:57 PM  
marki64

Sydney Cummings 40 min Plyo Party + her 20 min Deep Stretch. I worked up quite a sweat. This is a keeper.

Stephanie, Mike's are pretty tough. He's a little in love with himself but delivers a good workout in a 1/2 hour. I try to get past his arrogance by blasting music when I do his workouts.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-19, 08:20 AM  
owltx

Quote:
Originally Posted by marki64 View Post
Stephanie, Mike's are pretty tough. He's a little in love with himself but delivers a good workout in a 1/2 hour. I try to get past his arrogance by blasting music when I do his workouts.
Marki, that is awesome! And I would say a good description. I will definitely be using my own music with that one. Did you see my question to you regarding Tony Massenburg on the Wednesday log? I think if you want short, straightforward HIIT, ignite or Max30 would be good choices. I feel like Chiseled and Afterburn are not quite as engaging for some reason.
Old 03-22-19, 10:00 AM  
marki64

Quote:
Originally Posted by owltx View Post
Marki, that is awesome! And I would say a good description. I will definitely be using my own music with that one. Did you see my question to you regarding Tony Massenburg on the Wednesday log? I think if you want short, straightforward HIIT, ignite or Max30 would be good choices. I feel like Chiseled and Afterburn are not quite as engaging for some reason.
Yes I have Afterburn and I did it a couple times and haven't gone back to it. I think I had Max30 awhile ago and it didn't click with me. I think Muggle was the person who told me Ignite was really good, but I never bought it.

Mike has some workouts on YT, that are pretty tough, more raw type workouts, but good and I don't think he has music in them. I added a few to my playlist.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dailyworkout, dailyworkout2019, dailyworkouts, dailyworkouts2019