Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-20-19, 10:27 AM  
kat999

Fitness Blender?

I just saw reference to Fitness Blender in another thread, and it looks a little too good to be true. Anyone use this as their primary fitness source or as part of a rotation? I like that the videos seem chill and you seem to be able to add your own music into the background. The only thing is I don't love workouts that you can't stream on a TV. They don't happen to have a Roku app, do they?
Old 03-20-19, 10:48 AM  
marki64

My daughter does. She won't even workout to another instructor anymore. She has become a Fitness Blender snob. She uses her laptop and does develops a rotation, but I didn't realize you can't stream to the tv. They have a lot of workouts on YT, and that's how I stream. But she loves Fitness Blender.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-19, 12:48 PM  
RENEETX

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat999 View Post
I just saw reference to Fitness Blender in another thread, and it looks a little too good to be true. Anyone use this as their primary fitness source or as part of a rotation? I like that the videos seem chill and you seem to be able to add your own music into the background. The only thing is I don't love workouts that you can't stream on a TV. They don't happen to have a Roku app, do they?
All of the Fitness Blender workouts are on youtube. You can chromecast youtube to your tv.

Hope that helps.
RENEETX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-19, 06:46 PM  
seabliss

I might have been the one who posted! I do all my FB workouts on TV. I connect my Macbook to the TV with a single cable and it mirrors there, or I use our Roku TV to Youtube them.

Fitness Blender actually has the biggest subscriber list of any fitness instructor on Youtube, at several million. Kelli and Daniel (the husband/wife time that do all the workouts) are so down-to-earth and unassuming that it's hard to realize this! I'm surprised more people here don't use their workouts. They pace everything very well, not too fast.

Last year Kelli contracted a rare nerve disease due to stress and had to stop working out for a while. She just starting releasing workouts again, and her new ones are especially gentle. But you can modify all their workouts up or down based on your abilities and strength.

They use PowerBlocks for weights, but I just use my rack of dumbbells. I've gained a lot of strength (but not girth) since doing their workouts.
Old 03-21-19, 11:10 AM  
kat999

Thanks, everybody! I don't have a Chromecast or a way to connect my laptop to my TV, so it sounds like my best bet is to make a YT playlist and access YT via my Roku. I'm pretty excited to try these out! It looks pretty awesome.
Old 03-21-19, 03:53 PM  
seabliss

I would love to hear what you think after you try them! I also love that they are not boring. Most of the workouts repeat a movement only once (they often use ABAB format), and some do not repeat any moves at all, but they still work you thoroughly!

Their website allows you to filter workouts in many ways. It also has some great recipes and other resources. And if you want you can buy a rotation for very little (about $10) that arranges their free workouts for your current fitness goals (strength, flexibility, lower body, etc.).
Old 03-22-19, 01:42 AM  
Betty Boop

kat999 - Thanks for starting this thread! I had read about Fitness Blender before, but this is the first time I looked at their website and their videos on YouTube. Looks great!
Old 03-24-19, 02:21 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

I have only done Fitness Blender a time or two. I found HASfit and really enjoy their workouts a lot. Might have to re-review Fitness Blender again.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fitness blender