Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-18-13, 01:50 PM  
horsemom2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosepetals View Post
Check youtube for videos on your subject. You might be surprised at what you find.
This is sooooo true.
Whether on youtube or just googling the topic I want to know more about has led me to all sorts of suggestions and solutions.
It is really how I found everything I do with Freemake and filemail.

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-13, 02:10 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
Joanna, thanks for posting this; I was actually asking about this recently, mainly b/c there are a few chapters that I'd like to have on my computer at work (chair yoga sort of thing, LOL).

I'm pretty computer literate, but a lot of what you said went over my head. To start, is the first program you mentioned, Handbrake, also available for PC? Is it free?
yes it is Beth. here is a link for you HANDBRAKE FOR PC

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-13, 03:23 PM  
Joanna
VF Supporter

It has to be at home. I think there is a program called Plex that is available that you can use over the internet, but I have never tried it. What I do when I am traveling is download onto my iPad itself, or stream off YouTube.

Th server component for Air Video is for your computer, you had to download it off the website. I don't have the URL handy since it's been awhile, but a Google Search for Air Video server should help you.
Joanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-13, 04:22 PM  
Susan

THANK YOU, Joanna and Barb!
Old 02-18-13, 04:34 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Joanna I did get it to work. So you're saying they are only on my ipad as long as I'm home.

What do I use to make them stay on my ipad? I know how save on my computer but I didn't know we could do that on the ipad.

I was using Jacksta before for my youtube and it would just say video,(1) video(2) I had to figure out how to name them there. I like when it puts them in my itunes library.

When something is in our itunes library it stays there right? If it does that I won't need to download directly to my ipad.

~~~Cheryl

Old 02-18-13, 05:16 PM  
Joanna
VF Supporter

The scenario above where you are streaming them, they are only on your iPad if you are at home because you are streaming them over wifi. If you want them to stay on the iPad, you can add them to your iTunes library and copy them onto your iPad from there.
Joanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-13, 05:56 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Is that the option that says add to iTunes, then it will go there?
I was able to see what I had in my iTunes library from that program. If I tried to put them on my now tiny iPad, I wouldn't have enough room. I have more music then other stuff. I don't even use the music on my iTunes library on my iPad.
I have an iPad mini and just the 16 gb

~~~Cheryl

Old 03-05-13, 04:01 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Okay, I downloaded Freemake and tried it with Erich Schiffmann's Beginning Yoga. The good news is that it worked! I now have that entire DVD on my computer. The bad news is that it is not chaptered and there are no menus...what did I do wrong?

I actually really just wanted to copy a single chapter of this DVD, but in following the instructions, I didn't see the option to do this (i.e., when I clicked on the video file, it didn't open to give me access to specific chapters). I also wasn't not sure what file type I wanted to convert to; I just choose MPG.

Further suggestions would be appreciated!!!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-13, 05:31 PM  
horsemom2

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
Okay, I downloaded Freemake and tried it with Erich Schiffmann's Beginning Yoga. The good news is that it worked! I now have that entire DVD on my computer. The bad news is that it is not chaptered and there are no menus...what did I do wrong?

I actually really just wanted to copy a single chapter of this DVD, but in following the instructions, I didn't see the option to do this (i.e., when I clicked on the video file, it didn't open to give me access to specific chapters). I also wasn't not sure what file type I wanted to convert to; I just choose MPG.

Further suggestions would be appreciated!!!
(note: you can also download the whole movie as you did and trim off the beginning and ending from the large video file. Scroll down for tips about trimming)

There are two ways you can try to get just just a chapter ripped from a dvd, depending on how your actual dvd will have the titles listed by Freemake.
Click on DVD then the VideoTS highlighted in blue which should appear.
Depending on your dvd's chaptering, Freemake will list numbered individual titles and their duration. Check the box in front of the ones you suspect may be the chapters you want. Uncheck the longest which are the whole movie. Now for each title, click play to confirm it is the video(s) you want to rip. Before Ripping, you can also edit the title's name. Remove from the list the other video titles you do not want to rip before choosing to convert or burn.

If Freemake doesn't identify the chapters on the dvd as separate titles:
you can trim the movie down to the footage you want either from selecting just the long title or clicking on *Video* instead of *Dvd* and selecting the vts/vob files directly from the dvd which you can trim while the video is on the play screen.
Trim off the beginning you do not want by inserting the ] where you want to cut then click the scissors. Cut off the end you do not want by inserting the [ at the start of the part you want removed and move the slider to the end of the video, insert the ] and click the scissors.

Sometimes the chapter you want is at the end of one VTS file and continues at the beginning of another. You then have to select and trim trim each file then choose to fuse the files before converting/burning.

Barb S

ETA: since you already have the whole movie on your hard drive,
I would just edit/trim that video file by loading that video into Freemake.
Old 03-05-13, 05:49 PM  
horsemom2

Here's alittle video by Freemake to demonstrate cutting
http://www.freemake.com/how_to/how_to_cut_video_quickly

It isn't necessary to insert the [ at the beginning as they show just the ] where you want to start your video. Their technique is more for how to cut out a center part of the video.

Also they do not show how to trim off the end so just follow what I typed above LOL
Once you get the hang of it, it becomes really simple.

Barb S

Tags
back up dvd, burning dvds, download to dvd, dvd ripping, dvd to ipod, faq, ipod, ripping dvds, streaming, tech