Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-24, 06:10 PM  
Sissy B

Row 5/20 - 804 meters in 5:05 minutes
Sissy B is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-24, 03:02 PM  
Sissy B

Row 6/20 - 521 minutes in 3:02 minutes

I did a short row today because I ran a couple of errands this morning and I have several things I’m trying to get done today so I wanted to make sure it got it in. Plus, we are supposed to have bad weather later today and tomorrow.

I’ve started putting up the Christmas decorations. I know Christmas/Epiphany is over, but it’s a little bittersweet.
Old 01-12-24, 01:25 PM  
Vantreesta

Hello, friends! I got home yesterday afternoon from AZ. Cyric and I left Dec 19th to drive out to spend Christmas with my dad, brother, grandma and the rest of my mom's side of the family. Dad is part-time caregiver for my grandma (Mom's mom) and aunt, so I was able to spend more time with them than usual. Grandma is 88 and has Parkinson's and the beginnings of memory loss. I wanted to be sure and spend this Christmas with her since there's no telling what the next one may be like. This is only the second Christmas I've spent with my family since my parents moved to AZ in 2002. The other one was in 2019, which was my mom's last Christmas. Lots of emotions but it was really a wonderful visit and trip. Driving three days alone can get to be a lot but thankfully I love road trips and had Cyric for company, especially in the hotels. He gets spoiled then as it's the only time he's allowed on a bed. And he's such a smart boy that he understands it and never tries to get on other beds and waits till I spread his blanket over the whole bed so we don't cover it in dog hair! We had just that window in btwn storms across the country so had no problems with weather or roads. Thank the Lord for that!

I mostly just skimmed the forums while I was gone but tried to keep up with the VF update threads. I hope it can be saved! It sounds like a huge project, but hopefully it can at least be saved as an archive, even if it can't be upgraded to continue posting. I'm grateful for PamelaP, KateTT and any others who have the knowledge and skills to help preserve it! Of course, I'm also thankful to Wendy for starting it and keeping it going for so many years. I didn't join till 2014 when the Collage forum was lost, and I didn't even lurk bc others talked about how much enabling went on and I spent plenty without that, thank you very much! But I love this place and am so thankful for the space and all the wonderful people I have met!

I didn't workout much while I was gone but below are the workout days since I last posted them. I didn't post the days that were just dog walks or travel days. I am planning to finish up the holiday challenges I was doing before moving on to all my other challenges. I was planning to start a Cathe rotation in February but we'll see, it may wait until March. I'm taking a few days to settle back in to home and spend time with hubby then back into the swing of things next week. We are in a winter storm warning till 6 AM tmrw with heavy snow and high winds, although they're now saying only an additional 1-3" of snow, downgraded from 5-8". And we have a wind chill watch from 9 PM tmrw till 9 AM Tuesday with expected wind chills as low as -40. I'm looking forward to a cozy wknd inside, other than dog walks as able. We won't go if it's too dangerous and keep them as short as necessary.

Sat 12/9 73 minutes NUTCRACKER
6 minutes (from Kyra Pro -5 Min Step Challenge Day 4, YT) 1st time
3 minutes (from Lacey Rae Fitness -day 5 25 Days of Holiday Zumba: "Christmas the Whole Year Round" by Sabrina Carpenter, YT) 1st time
2 minutes (from Lacey Rae Fitness -day 6 25 Days of Holiday Zumba: "Jingle Bell Rock" by the Cast of GLEE, YT) 1st time
15 minutes (from CrossRope 15 min Bunny Hill Hops) 1st time
14 minutes (from D. Siebers Slim in 6 Slim & Limber)
33 minutes (from 2 dog walks 2.18 mi)
Pedometer: 12599 steps, 6.14 mi/Fitbit: 14020 steps, 6.62 mi
-------------------------
Fri 12/15 125 minutes
3 minutes (from REFITREV -Christmas in Hollis || @RunDMC || Dance Fitness Choreography, YT) 1st time
4 minutes (from Lacey Rae Fitness -day 7 25 Days of Holiday Zumba: "Under the Mistletoe" by Kelly Clarkson & Brett Eldredge, YT) 1st time
3 minutes (from Lacey Rae Fitness -day 8 25 Days of Holiday Zumba: "Stretchy Pants" by Carrie Underwood, YT) 1st time
17 minutes (from Crossrope Calorie Crushing Kettlebell Crash Course Challenge day 4 Lighten Up) 1st time
4 minutes (from D. Austin Healthy for the Holidays challenge day 1 squats+CVG 12 Days of Fitmas day 1 -accumulate 2 minutes at the bottom of a squat)
2 minutes (from D. Austin Healthy for the Holidays challenge day 2 bent-over rows)
16 minutes (from Crossrope 12 Days of Crossrope day 1)
20 minutes (from Crossrope 12 Days of Crossrope day 2)
56 minutes (from 3 dog walks 3.19 mi)
Pedometer: 18570 steps, 9.08 mi/Fitbit: 19097 steps, 9.07 mi
------------------------------
Tue 12/19 60 minutes ROAD TRIP TO AZ-worked out in hotel
4 minutes (from TaNa Zumba -ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS YOU | Zumba choreo, YT) 1st time LOVED IT!!
4 minutes (from Lacey Rae Fitness -day 9 25 Days of Holiday Zumba: "One More Sleep" by Leona Lewis, YT) 1st time
3 minutes (from Lacey Rae Fitness -day 10 25 Days of Holiday Zumba: "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" by Mariah Carey, YT) 1st time
20 minutes (from Crossrope 12 Days of Crossrope day 3) ropeless
4 minutes (from Crossrope Make It Fun Hoppy Holidays day 1 Holiday Hops Tabata) ropeless-HRM erratic
7 minutes (from L. Sabri -12 Days of Christmas Workout Challenge day 1 Intense Abs & Tiny Waist Workout, YT) 1st time
18 minutes (from Mindful Yoga with YogiBethC -15 Min Yin Yoga | UNWIND AFTER WORK | Release & Restore Hips, YT) 1st time
Pedometer: 8627 steps, 4.25 mi/Fitbit: 8569 steps, 4.07 mi

Wed 12/20 21 minutes ROAD TRIP TO AZ
10 minutes (from Jeffrey Peng MD -Upper Back Pain Relief Exercises in 10 Min, YT) 1st time
11 minutes (from walk around the park with Cyric)
Pedometer: 4672 steps, 2.31 mi/Fitbit: 4716 steps, 2.23 mi
----------------------------------
Mon 12/25 68 minutes AZ-CHRISTMAS!
13 minutes (from Crossrope Make It Fun Hoppy Holidays day 2 warmup + Leaping Elves Tabatas)
9 minutes (from Crossrope Make It Fun Hoppy Holidays day 4 Fit & Festive Tabatas)
4 minutes (from Crossrope Make It Fun Hoppy Holidays day 5 Jolly Jumps Tabata)
4 minutes (from Crossrope Make It Fun Hoppy Holidays day 3 Peppermint Power Tabata)
0 minutes (from PT stretches)
38 minutes (from 2 dog walks 2.39 mi)
Pedometer: forgot to record before memory rolled over/Fitbit: 11377 steps, 5.38 mi

Tue 12/26 58 minutes AZ
26 minutes (from Yoga with Shaunneka -REST'MAS #1: �� 30 Minute Evening Seated Yoga Stretch- Grounding Rest'mas Practice, YT) 1st time
32 minutes (from 2 dog walks 1.85 mi)
Pedometer: 5886 steps, 2.9 mi/Fitbit: 6019 steps, 2.8 mi
--------------------------
Fri 12/29 77 minutes AZ
19 minutes (from Crossrope 12 Days of Crossrope day 4+warmup)
24 minutes (from Yoga with Shaunneka -REST'MAS #2: �� 25 Minute Festive Morning Yoga Flow- Unlock Tight Hips & Stiff Hamstrings, YT) 1st time
7 minutes (from PT stretches)
27 minutes (from 2 dog walks 1.66 mi)
Pedometer:11664 steps, 5.78 mi/Fitbit: 11515 steps, 5.24 mi
-------------------------------
Mon 1/1 59 minutes AZ-NEW YEAR'S DAY!
23 minutes (from Yoga With Shaunneka -New Year Seated Yoga Stretch: A Reflective Wrap Up, YT) 1st time
6 minutes (from Yoga With Adriene -2024 FLOW 30-Day Yoga Journey day 0 Ready, YT) the video was just an intro but I did more stretching while watching
2 minutes (from Devi Daly Yoga -30-Day Yin Yoga Challenge day 0 Kickoff, YT) the video was just an intro but I did a dolphin pose hold while listening
00 minutes (from PT stretches) didn't time
28 minutes (from 2 dog walks 1.82 mi)
Pedometer: 7504 steps, 3.72 mi/Fitbit: 7950 steps, 3.63 mi
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-24, 03:07 PM  
Sissy B

Catching Up:

Row 7//20 - 832 meters in 5:06 minutes (Wednesday)
Row 8/20 - 834 meters in 5:06 minutes (Thursday)

Today’s Workout
Row 9/20 - 782 meters in 5:06 minutes
Old 01-13-24, 03:33 PM  
Sissy B

Row 10/20 - 514 meters in 3:31 minutes
Old 01-15-24, 12:22 PM  
Vantreesta

I did Yoga with Shaunneka -Rest'mas #3 on Saturday. I had planned to do some more of the Lacey Rae Christmas dance workouts and a couple jump rope workouts but I had zero energy and the yin yoga was all I could muster. Today I have lunch with old work friends then heading straight to another friend's house to watch Christmas movies and later have supper. Hopefully I get home in time and have at least enough energy for yoga as I'm belatedly starting my Sadhana today.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 01-17-24, 03:24 PM  
Sissy B

Row 11/20 - 804 meters in 5:06 minutes

Sunday was a planned rest day and I ended up taking another couple of days off too. We had a fire in the fireplace yesterday so I spent the day in my pajama pants reading by the fire.
Old 01-18-24, 12:53 PM  
Sissy B

Row 12/20 - 794 meters in 5:05 minutes
Old 01-24-24, 12:19 PM  
Vantreesta

Sorry I've been a bad check in buddy! Way to go with your rowing, Sissy!

It's been a crazy month, pretty much a bust for any workout consistency. Hopefully next week I can settle back in. Just posting the days I did workouts. There were also too many days without walks bc the wind chills were -30 to -40 for a stretch. Now it's slick after two days of freezing fog.

Sat 1/13 39 minutes
39 minutes (from Yoga with Shaunneka -REST'MAS #3: �� 40 Minute Evening Yin Yoga & Breathwork for Deep Relaxation & Renewal, YT) 1st time
0 minutes (from 1 dog walks _ mi) not really worth counting as Cyric cut it short, wind chills colder than -30 kept us from the rest of our walks
Pedometer: 7941 steps, 4.07 mi/Fitbit: 9189 steps, 4.35 mi

Tue 1/16 148 minutes
25 minutes (from S. Starr Happy Yoga S1E4 Seascapes, TV) 1st time
6 minutes (from 1 round of toe yoga)
3 minutes (from Lacey Rae Fitness -day 11 25 Days of Holiday Zumba: "I Believe in Santa" by Meghan Trainor, YT) 1st time
3 minutes (from Lacey Rae Fitness -day 12 25 Days of Holiday Zumba: "Christmas This Year" by Toby Mac & Leigh Nash, YT) 1st time
4 minutes (from Lacey Rae Fitness -day 13 25 Days of Holiday Zumba: "Drummer Boy" by Justin Bieber & Busta Rhymes, YT) 1st time
25 minutes (from PT strength exercises combo)
21 minutes (from Crossrope 12 Days of Crossrope day 5)
12 minutes (from C. Johnson TurboFire Stretch 10)
12 minutes (from C Donnelly Strong Knees stretching)
27 minutes (from Yoga with Shaunneka -REST'MAS #4: 25 Minute Calm & Cozy- Full Body Seated Yoga Stretch, YT) 1st time
10 minutes (from 1 dog walks .65 mi) still very cold wind chills
Pedometer: 10924 steps, 5.44 mi/Fitbit: 12318 steps, 5.97 mi

Fri 1/19 0 minutes
2 minutes (from Lacey Rae Fitness -day 14 25 Days of Holiday Zumba: "Chillin' Like a Snowman" by Sofia Carson, YT) 1st time
3 minutes (from Lacey Rae Fitness -day 15 25 Days of Holiday Zumba: "Holidays" by Meghan Trainor & Earth, Wind & Fire, YT) 1st time
3 minutes (from Lacey Rae Fitness -day 16 25 Days of Holiday Zumba: "Kid on Christmas" by Pentatonix & Meghan Trainor, YT) 1st time
18 minutes (from Crossrope 2024 Jump Rope Fitness Challenge day 1)
9 minutes (from Crossrope 2024 Jump Rope Fitness Challenge day 2)
12 minutes (from C. Johnson TurboFire Stretch 10)
16 minutes (from J. Miller Yoga Tune Up QuickFix Lower Body Series -hips both quick fixes)
33 minutes (from Yoga with Shaunneka -REST'MAS #5: 30 Minute Full Body Yin Yoga Stretch to Balance Holiday Stress, YT) 1st time
6 minutes (from 1 round of toe yoga)
0 minutes (from PT stretches)
0 minutes (from 1 dog walks _ mi) wind chills near -20 again, another wind chill advisory tmrw
Pedometer: 8809 steps, 4.4 mi/Fitbit: 9401 steps, 4.44 mi

Mon 1/22 0 minutes BABYSITTING
15 minutes (from C. Jordan -15-Minute Glute Activation Workout, YT)
16 minutes (from Crossrope 2024 Jump Rope Fitness Challenge day 3)
16 minutes (from Crossrope 2024 Jump Rope Fitness Challenge day 4)
0 minutes (from 2 dog walks _ mi)
Pedometer: 11137 steps, 5.47 mi/Fitbit: 12464 steps, 5.91 mi

Old 01-30-24, 03:08 PM  
Sissy B

I completed my 20th row today so I have officially completed the Concept 2 2024 January Revolutions Challenge: The Stretch - Row, Ski or Ride for 500 meters 20 Days in January.