Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-20, 10:07 AM  
fanofladyvols

Carol it makes perfect sense that you had to part ways from your hairdresser. You seemed too upset by the whole experience. I have gone two years without a haircut trying to find one.

Donna I love the template and the mishmosh of the two Jessicas. Very feel good but still challenging in a joint friendly way, too. Thanks for validating my need to lower the intensity of my workouts for a bit. It's not a physical need (I feel great!). Everything seems so amped up that I needed a retreat of sorts.

Brenda I noticed you printed off your rotations. I have been saving rotations because I don't trust links to stay active. I also like that offline version to remind myself.

Dana I read you loud and clear on how you've been feeling. I was fighting that feeling myself. So I just totally changed things up.

I have been mostly doing pilates. One day, I actually parked myself on the ground and stared at the sky and watched the clouds. Then I did a bunch of yardwork hauling limbs/yard debris uphill and trimming bushes, etc.
Yesterday was Jill Miller shoulder shape up and Kristen Dowell Hi-Lo Recharge Core premix. Very enjoyable! Who knows what I will do the rest of the month!

Happy Saturday everyone! Hope you have fewer errands to run than I do!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-20, 10:25 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Leslie's 3 Mile Weight Loss Walk - 45min. Mary Kay leads mile 2. I like her and the intensity of that mile.
ePilates Hawaii Mat Class 1 - 20min. Great class, great scenery and I really like Emma. Just the right amount of intensity and length. I'm feeling good today.

Donna, thanks for JV's template. It will be good to loosely follow it. I don't think I'll be subscribing to JV when she opens up her membership again. That train has already left the station.

I like the look of Jessica Smith's 2 new dvds, but I don't think I'll be buying them. I have several of her stretch/yoga dvds that I've never done and realistically, I don't think I would use these either. I'm sticking with my ePilates for now for stretching, pilates and yoga.

It's going to be a gray, gloomy and rainy day today and I don't have anything on my calendar. My kind of day!

Waves to Linda, Carol, Brenda, Cheri and Christine!
Old 12-12-20, 07:32 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Pahla B - Midlife Metabolism Boost - 22 minutes, plus the 3 minute finisher, & Body Shaping Challenge, Day 9 - Floor Stretch - 17 minutes

This was a nice group of workouts from Pahla. The Midlife Metabolism Boost was part cardio, part strength, and a little more cardio. Pahla used her 8 lb weights for the strength work, I used my 6lb weights. The quick finisher was oblique work. The Body Shaping Challenge Floor Stretch was really nice, with the stretches held a relatively long period of time.

I ordered Jessica's newest two DVDs today. Hopefully she will come out with another walking DVD and/or strength DVD soon.

Waves ~

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-20, 12:06 AM  
fanofladyvols

Dana I understand. There's a saturation point with some instructors. I was just telling another VFer that I think I'm there with Ellen...but since she isn't making anymore DVDs, it's a non-issue. I haven't quite reached that yet with JS.

Carol Yayy...can't wait to hear your review!! Do you have JS other titles that are similar so you can compare? I hope so! (I'm thinking of her Yoga Fusion Fix and her total stretch dvd. ) I will probably cave eventually because I love those outdoor settings for workouts.

Today I used one of my secret Santa DVDs (Dance and be fit Brazilian Body ) to warmup and cooldown for my workout which was XFST#3 plus Ruthless gives back. They worked out well together and felt great afterwards. The Brazilian Body looks so fun!! I will probably use the other dance sections as fun add-ons.

Sending resty Sunday wishes to all!!

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
Old 12-13-20, 05:45 PM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

Yesterday, just some stepping. Today, probably some stepping. Tomorrow, back to a rotation.

I haven't ordered Jessica's yoga/pilates yet. I wish a stepping one was offered as well! Sigh. I'm not into streaming services, or at least haven't wanted to try any, but I would sure consider it if Jessica did one. At least she's done a bunch of rotations.

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-20, 07:12 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone

Late check in today....

This morning was:

Pahla B - Weight Loss Cardio Toning for Women Over 50 - i do seem to have trouble staying away from Pahla's workouts. I think they are just so low dread to me.

Lucy Wyndham Read - Advent Workout Day 12 - Lower Body (Glutes) and Day 13 - Stretch

and, this evening was:

Jessica Smith - Total Stretch - Deep Stretch

Hope everyone has a good evening!

I'm not at all sure what I'm going to do tomorrow.....Pahla? Jessica? Something else??

Take care,

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-20, 09:46 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was a tough one! I did

Pahla B - Body Shaping for Women Over 50: Day 1 - 37 minutes

This was a "push day" workout - lift as heavy as you can - 90 second work intervals with 30 seconds of rest after each work interval. There were 7 or 8 strength exercises in the circuit, which you did twice. I saw Pahla struggle for the first time ever. Of course she was lifting heavy for her (impossible for me) dumbbells. I am already really sore and am afraid of what I will feel like in the morning. I used my 5's, 8's, and 10's.

Donna - Pahla's stuff is low dread for me as well. I'm not sure why - maybe it's because of the way she structures them - you know how long the intervals are, how long the rests are, generally how many times you will repeat everything - there's not a lot left to wonder about. Before I started doing her workouts this summer, if you had told me that I would really like her stuff, I wouldn't have believed you.

Brenda - Good job! I've always wondered why Jessica didn't make the jump to monthly streaming. Maybe she isn't really for that much work? Maybe later in life when she gets past the most intensive part of child raising?

Linda - I am a terrible reviewer - and I do have Fusion Fix but have been afraid to try it. I have all of her stretching DVDs - I love stretching, but I don't do it enough.

Good night - I've got clothes to go fold and put away.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-20, 09:14 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I was going to do Pahla's Body Shaping Schedule for this week, but, *gasp* You Tube was down this morning...so I decided maybe I really should do my Jessica & Jessica rotation for the remainder of the year, or at least for today, LOL - so...today was:

Jessica Smith - Walking for Weight Loss, Wellness and Energy - High Energy Walk (plus w/up and cool down). A nice routine, I guess this was Jessica's first walking release? It had some nice scenery which was very welcome this morning which is very gray, rainy and overall dreary. We are supposed to get some snow here on Wed. Kind of hard to believe after 60 degrees this weekend.

Jessica Valent - Renew and Restore - a nice stretch from Jessica.

Carol - Fusion Fix isn't too scary - I did the 15 min workout and the 30 min workout recently. Not too bad at all. I am thinking that after I do Pahla's WL rotation in January that I will come back and try the Body Shaping program. It is very strange how much I like her and miss her when I don't see her. At least she is doing her Q&A's every Wednesday this month since she is not releasing new workouts - probably b/c she is preparing 31 days worth of them for January!

Linda - I like the Total Stretch and Fusion Fix...and i'm excited to get these new ones....

Brenda - I would pay for Jessica's streaming, she offers so much variety I wouldn't get bored - in the meantime I'm happy w/ her You Tube and her DVD releases.

Dana - I hope you enjoyed your free day!

Hope everyone has a good day -

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-20, 10:05 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

JS Upper Body Focus from her Boost Metabolism + Muscle WS2 set - 35min
ePilates Day 1 from Emma's new 12 Day Reset Challenge - 20min
. Day 1 focus was on breathing. Day 2 will be focusing on strength and it's only 12 minute long so it will be perfect to do in the morning before I go to the office.

I have JS Fusion Fix and I've never done it. I should at least try it. I also have her Gentle Yoga and other stretch/yoga dvds that I've also never done.

My Basil is steadily declining and yesterday he wasn't able to stand up or even sit. I think he may have fallen when he was climbing up on the bed. He was clearly in pain and it just broke my heart. I don't think he broke any bones but we have to bring him food and water and gently move him ever few hours because he wasn't able to do that. He seems to be a little better this morning. At least he's sitting up and seems to have good appetite and is in better spirits. We're keeping a close eye on him and are trying to keep him comfortable. The indignities of old age!

Hi to everyone!
Old 12-14-20, 05:23 PM  
fanofladyvols

Dana sending hugs to you and Basil. So hard to see our friends like that.

Carol I have done nearly all the Jessica DVDs I have (some in her WS3 set I haven't) but I don't have all of her dvds. I'm trying to decide if I should go ahead and pick up the older ones I don't have...or pick up these new ones. I have been eyeing Yoga Fusion Fix and a Total gentle stretch.

Donna I am sure you're glad you had some DVDs to fall back on. I wonder what was wrong with youtube? Ever since the ad attack, I haven't done anymore YouTube workouts that I had compiled to do in the evenings.

Brenda Jessica does have a lot of variety so I can see her streaming doing well..esp. if she could put her YouTube workouts on there without ads. I just couldn't do the same person only. I know that's why I have so many different trainers in my collection. I think the Firm served me well because they used different faces, lol!

Yesterday was a rest because my daughter made me walk everywhere shopping with her. It was fun to be with her..exhausting running all those shopping errands. Today was Brazilian body warm-up; XFST #4 plus Ruthless Core and Flex.

Happy Monday to you guys!