Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-20, 09:16 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today, so far has been:

Pahla B - 20 Min Weight Loss Low Impact Cardio - this was probably filmed just as Pahla was turning the corner and focusing more on moderate workouts. Just guessing by the date of the video and her chat throughout. it is funny how I miss seeing her after a few days! Lucy's workouts are somewhat similar, but her chattiness during the video is not as personal - if that makes sense. Both instructors can definitely be muted and you could add your own music or something else to listen to since they are pretty easy to follow.

Blessful Body - Pilates for Hard Days this was a restorative practice - a little Pilates, a little yoga....

Glad it is Friday!

Thanks, Carol! If it wasn't her senior year, I'd be more interested in her going to school in person - but it is her last year and she has done half of it so far, virtually. I suspect that our schools will not be going to the hybrid model anyway, given the rising case counts. It may be possible for them to go in the spring. But at that point, it will be almost over for my DD. The things she has missed out on are science labs and being part of theater. If they could go in for science labs, I'd be good with that, and I think she would, too.

Linda - glad you are feeling better!!

Brenda - yes, a big decision - I just figure that a horse habit is better than some other habits college kids can get into!

Dana - fighting the B3 temptation, here...I told myself I wanted to focus more on You Tube and DVDs in 2021....we shall see though. Does the sale end today?

Hope everyone has a good day - Happy Friday!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-20, 09:25 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

No workout for me yet and I have to run to the office this morning. Maybe later.

Donna and Linda, I've decided against subscribing to Barre3. They have quite a few free workouts on youtube (with annoying ads ) and there is some sameness to them all. The sale ends on 12/7 but I'm safe from buying membership. Carol, you are right. There are a lot of squats and even though my knees are fine, I want to keep them that way. No need to tempt the fate. I'm hoping Jessica Valant offers some kind of discount on her membership for New Year. I'll jump on that.

Hi to Cheri, Brenda and Christine!
Old 12-05-20, 08:12 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was Grace & Gusto - I was missing my Ellen workouts...

Dana - i think I'm going to pass as well, I enjoy variety too much to stick to just one format and I feel guilty if I pay for it and don't use it.

All that said, I think I may sub for a month to Walking Online Workouts- as I recall she has some nice ones w/ Holiday music and this year we need all the holiday cheer we can get...

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Donna
Old 12-05-20, 09:30 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Good morning ladies! No workout for me yesterday - when I got home from a long (but productive) day at work, my son had brought in all the Christmas boxes and the tree, and had started some of the Christmas decorating. A total surprise, but a welcome one! I hadn't planned on Christmas decorating last night, but figured I might as well go with the flow instead of exercising. I'll get back on track today. We still have some outside stuff to get done, but should be able to finish it up this weekend (as well as finish decorating the big tree).

Donna - Nice job! I remember you mentioning the Christmas-y walking workouts last year or maybe the year before. A lot of the SBF workouts on the Countdown to Christmas rotation that I am doing have Christmas music in them, which is nice.

Dana - You are right, there is a sameness to their workouts these days, at least that's how it seems to me. (And I don't like them as much as I used to, so that makes them boring to me.) I used to LOVE Barre3, but their workouts have changed.

They put up an outdoor tent for treating CoVid patients at the hospital yesterday. I understand that it is just for short term treatment (at this point), but still. In addition to our morgue trucks. Sigh...

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-20, 09:55 PM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

Jessica Smith's Core Control; 15 min. treadmill walking/reading

I actually did a DVD workout! Go me! LOL It felt really good.

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-20, 08:46 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Yesterday's workouts were

Suzanne Bowen Fitness: Barre Hiit Circuit - 39 minutes & Children's Christmas Stretch - 9 minutes

The Barre Hiit Circuit was one of Suzanne's "green pants" workouts. Suzanne has this pair of neon green pants that she wears for tough workouts and she had them on for this workout, but it wasn't as bad as I feared. She does give lower intensity and lower impact modifications throughout her workouts, so there's always an easier option (or two) available - I took all of the lower impact/lower intensity modifications, except I did real mountain climbers, just slower. This workout was structured similarly to the other circuit type workouts on this rotation - strength moves, then cardio moves, then back to strength, etc. 60 seconds of each move all the way through the moves, and then back through with only 30 seconds of each. Another workout that was new to me.

The Children's Christmas Stretch was a short basic stretch with her daughter set to relaxing Christmas music.

I spent the rest of the day doing other stuff around the house - finishing indoor decorating, getting a tire fixed on my car - good thing I took it in, they had to replace it - watching my beloved OU Sooners play football, etc. We'll finish up our outdoor decorating today.

Yay Brenda! I'm eagerly awaiting whatever new DVDs Jessica releases, supposedly soon.

Waves to Donna, Dana, Linda and Cheri!

Carol
Old 12-06-20, 09:46 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Just finished HDM Cardio Series 2018 CT2a - 50min. This is a low impact, steady-state cardio and he uses light weights throughout. Music was good as it usually is in HDM's workouts. I couldn't decide what to do this morning and this fit the bill. I burned 340 cals.

I don't have any plans for today, so I'll just enjoy watching football and just relax.

Hi to Carol, Donna, Linda, Brenda, Cheri and Christine!
Old 12-06-20, 11:57 AM  
fanofladyvols

Dana Good morning! I thought of you as I looked out at the cold, gray morning! I noticed your pic of Basil is missing in your avatar. I didn't recognize you without him

Carol that tent seems quite sobering! Sorry

Brenda lol at your actual dvd workout. I'm always impressed with people who can do paper workouts or workouts on their own. My pilates evening workouts that I do is about all I can manage on my own.

Donna good for you choosing the subscription that will uplift you and not make you feel forced to use.

I'm terribly busy getting things ready for Christmas and had a rest day unplanned and then only did Focus T25 Beta Core Cardio.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-20, 04:53 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today's video workout was Ellen's Fusion Flow and then I did a long outdoor walk w/ my DD.

I may do some yoga later or something relaxing.....

I have fallen behind on LWR's Advent workouts, but may pick up some this week.

Faithful Workouts is also doing a free 12 days of Christmas w/ workouts (looks like her 10 min workouts), songs and prayers...so that may be a nice thing to look into, too.

Linda - good luck w/ Christmas preparations!!

Dana - I hope you had a nice and relaxing Sunday.

Carol - is the dryer fixed as well as the tire?? I hate when those unexpected things occur....good job on the decorations...

Brenda - nice workouts!!

I should try to read on my TM - I can read on my bike....

Hope everyone has a good evening!

Donna
Old 12-07-20, 07:20 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone! No formal exercise yesterday for me. It was a "30 minute walk" day on the SBF Countdown to Christmas rotation calendar, so I'm counting my outside Christmas decorating, flowerbed cleanout and leaf raking as my walk. I worked solid from about 1 to 5:30. I was so tired last night I could barely move. I think this is the earliest in years that we've had all our Christmas decorating done.

Donna - nice job! Yes, the guy came Thursday and fixed the dryer. The heating element had burned out. It was a gamble to fix it, because it was pretty pricey to fix. I'm hoping that I can get a few more years of use out of the dryer. If it breaks again soon, I may lose it. I saw Michelle's 12 Days of Christmas post. Wonder if you have to sign up for that to get the links to the workouts or you get them automatically if you are a streaming member.

Linda - the idea of a tent to treat people in is sobering, but this is such a town of anti-maskers! I guess they think they won't get it because they are young and (they think) healthy. We now have the highest hospitalization rate in the state - worse than El Paso, which has been getting all the news. Your comment about paper workouts was interesting - pilates is the absolute last thing I could possibly do on my own without a video to follow. My mind would not be engaged.

Dana - Nice job with HDM!

Carol