Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-19-20, 07:21 AM  
sherry7899

Stupid cooking question-help please!

My son loves shrimp. I admit I have never made it before. I was going to make shrimp scampi. I accidentally bought cooked shrimp (frozen)instead of raw.
I found that out just now when I took it out from the freezer. I was going to make the recipe linked below. Can I still make it? How long to heat the shrimp? I feel like an idiot! I usually only make salmon or cod . Thanks!
I picked this recipe because our son does not like lemon and we never have white wine.
https://www.christinascucina.com/sim...shrimp-scampi/

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-20, 07:29 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

I make shrimp scampi all the time. The raw shrimp really doesn't take much time at all to cook. You could probably just use the cooked shrimp and cook a couple of minutes on each side. I don't think it will affect it. Did you try googling just to make sure?
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-20, 07:45 AM  
sherry7899

I did, but since I am a total newbie to cooking shrimp I did not want to mess it up. I do not want to waste what I bought.

Old 06-19-20, 09:00 AM  
buffmama

I would defrost/thaw the shrimp according to directions on the package and add at the last moment to heat for a minute or two . I can't imagine anything bad!
Old 06-19-20, 09:05 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
I would defrost/thaw the shrimp according to directions on the package and add at the last moment to heat for a minute or two . I can't imagine anything bad!
Thank you ! I have it defrosting in a colander over a bowl and loosely covered in the fridge. Now at least I know to buy frozen raw shrimp if I make this again!
I'll post later with the hopefully good results.

If anyone else has advice, please share!

Old 06-19-20, 09:06 AM  
Floren

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post

Like Buffmama said. You should be fine! Adding it at the last moment to just heat it is the key - shrimp can get tough if overcooked so just heat it briefly at the end and enjoy :-)
Floren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-20, 09:07 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floren View Post
Like Buffmama said. You should be fine! Adding it at the last moment to just heat it is the key - shrimp can get tough if overcooked so just heat it briefly at the end and enjoy :-)
Thanks! I should just cook it until it's slightly pink? I feel so dumb, but the last time I even ate shrimp myself was probably in the 1980s!

Tags
cooking