Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-24, 06:22 AM  
Carol K

My husband has that jar next to his sink. I asked him why they didn't ask him to do the commercial.
Old 02-13-24, 10:52 AM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Okay I have to post this since we've been posting about skincare and Cerave came up. I love Michael Cera.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVrUDqYfRUM
That’s hilarious. Love the dolphin!
Old 02-15-24, 08:59 PM  
donnamp

Going back to Beth's mention of Ponds - I had some left over - and I started using it again - it is a nice cleanser for me - I follow up with a little bit of a foaming cleanser to rinse it off. I use the fragrance free version.

I wish Ponds would not put so much fragrance in their products b/c I think they have some decent stuff at good price points.

They have a niacinamide lotion (they call it Vit B3), for both oily skin and dry skin:

https://www.ponds.com/us/en/products...oloration.html

and they have an AHA (Lactic acid plus collagen) moisturizer:

https://www.ponds.com/us/en/p/rejuve...00305210224346

The only trouble for me is the strong amount fragrance in these products. Otherwise, the price is great for the amount you get in each jar-there is enough to be able to economically use on your face, neck, chest, back of hands, arms, etc. But, OMG, the fragrance is over the top!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-24, 09:46 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Donna, now you have me thinking about buying other Pond's products! I know the scent is strong, but I don't mind it.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-24, 10:53 PM  
Leonana

Donna, I believe there is a fragrance free version. I tried it, but it’s too heavy for my skin and broke me out. Even though I’m not as oily as I used to be, I can’t use heavier moisturizers on my face.
Old 03-15-24, 11:02 AM  
Erica H.

Any recommendations on an eyelash curler? Or just not use one?

I rarely wear make up, but one of my sons is getting married soon and I was thinking an eyelash curler might be nice. I have no idea what to get. I don't want to spend a lot on one since I don't expect to be using it regularly. Anyone have an inexpensive one they like?

ETA - prefer it comes from Amazon, otherwise Walmart or Target next since i'll order online.

Thanks!

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-24, 11:09 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Erica, when I look at eyelash curlers, it seems the technology hasn't changed much since the 1970s!

I've been trying to find these mini eyelash curlers I see on YouTube, where you crimp just small sections at a time; I think that would be easier to use on my small eyes. If anyone has recs for those, please share.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-24, 11:19 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

this is more of a fashion question.

a few months ago, I was seeing these ads on YouTube pop up about knit blazers. this is not to be confused with blazers made of double-knit fabric. These were fine-knitted blazers that are suitable for office wear. it kind of reminded me of the texture of men's knitted ties.

the ad showed a navy or black colored blazer worn by a female model, wearing it with a white blouse and nice slacks in the office.

The company was not someplace like Macy's or Nordstrom. it was an independent company. difficult to tell whether they sold men's wear because I didn't click on the ad to go to their website.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-24, 11:07 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

[QUOTE=Erica H.;3024686]Any recommendations on an eyelash curler? Or just not use one?

Revlon and Shu Uemura make the best eyelash curlers. It's been awhile since I bought one but they both have lasted over 20 years. I replace the soft pads when they wear out. Amazon has Revlon. Not sure about Shu.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-24, 01:34 AM  
Erica H.

[QUOTE=luvcritters;3025983]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
Any recommendations on an eyelash curler? Or just not use one?

Revlon and Shu Uemura make the best eyelash curlers. It's been awhile since I bought one but they both have lasted over 20 years. I replace the soft pads when they wear out. Amazon has Revlon. Not sure about Shu.
Thank you! I did end up ordering SHISEIDO Eyelash Curler from Walmart based on reviews but didn't know anything about soft pads that need to be replaced. It hasn't been delivered yet so I haven't tried it.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2024 beauty, 2024 beauty thread, beauty, beauty thread, beauty thread 2024, off topic, off-topic