Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-18, 12:20 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyond.omega View Post
Can you repost the link to your son's drawing?
Yes, please repost the link! I voted twice for your son, would vote again but now there's no link. Thanks!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-18, 12:38 PM  
Lannette

Quote:
Lannette,

Can you repost the link to your son's drawing? I have enjoyed looking at all the art in the contest. I certainly didn't feel any pressure to vote just for his entry, but I think his entry is very nice and deserving of winning. Certainly there are a lot of entries that are, but I'm happy to let your son have my votes. I can understand what a boost winning a contest like this might be for him. And the art supplies will be fun for him to receive.

I've already voted a couple times. I guess it turns out you don't have to put your personal info for your vote to count. So that's good!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Yes, please repost the link! I voted twice for your son, would vote again but now there's no link. Thanks!
You are both very kind. Thank you. I hope THIS works.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-18, 01:13 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Thanks Lannette! Your link took me there via Facebook; maybe this link may be more direct: https://www.dickblick.com/landing/petportraits2018/
Old 03-03-18, 01:22 PM  
Lannette

This one may be even more direct HTTPS://Wyng.io/nSpEbq

It’s the link that the contest provided when he registered.

ETA: there was never a thought of him winning. There are people who have entire art schools voting for them. Impossibly huge numbers of votes. This was meant to be a morale boost and it’s working. He’s exercised every day since entering. He’s decided to enter a local physical art contest this fall and started a new oil painting for the contest. He’s still deciding whether or not to accept two commission pieces. So again, thank you all.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss

Last edited by Lannette; 03-03-18 at 01:26 PM. Reason: To add
Old 03-03-18, 01:24 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannette View Post
This one may be even more direct HTTPS://Wong.io/nSpEbg

Hmm, that didn't work for me..?
Old 03-03-18, 01:27 PM  
Lannette

Quote:
Thank you so much everyone!
Quote:
Lannette,

Can you repost the link to your son's drawing? I have enjoyed looking at all the art in the contest. I certainly didn't feel any pressure to vote just for his entry, but I think his entry is very nice and deserving of winning. Certainly there are a lot of entries that are, but I'm happy to let your son have my votes. I can understand what a boost winning a contest like this might be for him. And the art supplies will be fun for him to receive.

I've already voted a couple times. I guess it turns out you don't have to put your personal info for your vote to count. So that's good!
Quote:

ETA: there was never a thought of him winning. There are people who have entire art schools voting for them. Impossibly huge numbers of votes. This was meant to be a morale boost and it’s working. He’s exercised every day since entering. He’s decided to enter a local physical art contest this fall and started a new oil painting for the contest. He’s still deciding whether or not to accept two commission pieces. So again, thank you all.
Just fixed it. Darn auto correct changed it the first time! Https://wyng.io/nSpEbq

Last edited by Lannette; 03-03-18 at 01:29 PM. Reason: Fixing link yet again!
Old 03-03-18, 11:32 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

Quote:
Just fixed it. Darn auto correct changed it the first time! Https://wyng.io/nSpEbq
Thank you Lannette.

I guess the voting ends Sunday, March 4, 11:59pm CST. Also, remember to search for Twin mountain. (Putting this here as a reminder to self.)
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-18, 09:01 PM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

Quote:

Excellent news! I'm so happy for you both and I hope his experiences continue to be positive
Old 03-05-18, 10:03 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

Quote:

I understand. I voted late last night and then finally figured out how to sort by votes. Turns out you had to have over 5000 votes to be in the top five! Well, he was at 299 the last I checked, so yay for him! That's a good showing! So glad to hear that he is doing so much better.
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-18, 02:57 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I'm so glad this has been such a positive experience for your son Lannette! That is wonderful to hear!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote