Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-22-12, 10:23 PM  
yahoo205

DeltaFit Speed Shred BJ Gaddour vs. JNL Fusion vs. CLX Chalene Extreme vs. Rushfit

I keep looking at these and don't know which one to get. I'm tempted by JNL bc it's so quick and i can keep doing other things. I really want to lose fat, get tighter, and get stronger.

I love emphasis on triceps, back, butt, hamstrings.

Anyone think one is better than another? can anyone comment on results? Thanks
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-12, 10:24 PM  
princess76

Good question- I have CLX & love it. I am interested in these other 2 sets as well.
princess76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-12, 07:24 AM  
katmom

Love CLX and Rushfit. The only complaint about Rushfit is the same warmup and cooldown for all the programs.

I am just in the second week of Deltafit. I initially thought I would not enjoy this system, but it has grown on me. My only complaint so far is no warmup or cooldown. BJ tells you the first set is the warmup (light weights or more limited range of movement), but I need a more thorough warmup.
Old 08-23-12, 08:52 AM  
RoccoLuv

Well JNL has no warm up or cooldown either. Just FYI.
Graduate of p90x (2x), Insanity (2x), P90X+, CLX, STS, Turbo Fire, Asylum 1 & 2, JNL Fusion, Body Beast, Xtrain, Fitness is Function Kbell, Cathe Ripped with Hiit. Currently doing Edge Booty Extreme 2.
RoccoLuv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-12, 04:11 PM  
yahoo205

anyone else?
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-12, 05:06 PM  
kitty12

Well, I was waiting to see what others said since I have only viewed the level 1 DVDs of Deltafit and am starting week 7 of JNL Fusion. I am thinking based on where i am that I may bypass the first level of Deltafit when I try it. It didn't seem to have the same level of intensity that JNL has. But then again, I am just going off of a quick view and have not viewed the remaining DVDs. I didn't have the instant 'Wow, I love that" feel when I watch the Deltafit DVDs that I had with JNL.

I can say that I absolutely love JNL Fusion. And, oh, there is lots of glute emphasis in JNL. I think you would hit all of your target areas.

I also have Rushfit but have not done the rotation yet (I received it shortly after I started JNL). But I am really looking forward to doing it. It is more functional fitness.
kitty12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-12, 05:17 PM  
icebergslim

All of these are different.

CLX is strength/weight workout with one interval workout, recovery workout and ab. The focus is strength/power and doing this rotation will lean you out.

Rushfit is more circuit driven with some body weight workouts.

Delta Fit is primarily body weight driven with some weights, stability ball but used in different ways.

JNL is more circuit driven imo. Short 30mns to ramp up your metabolism.

Really, it depends on what you are trying to do. Just concentrate on a program, add extra cardio/circuit/steady state if needed and see what happens.
icebergslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-12, 05:26 PM  
ADoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty12 View Post
Well, I was waiting to see what others said since I have only viewed the level 1 DVDs of Deltafit and am starting week 7 of JNL Fusion. I am thinking based on where i am that I may bypass the first level of Deltafit when I try it. It didn't seem to have the same level of intensity that JNL has. But then again, I am just going off of a quick view and have not viewed the remaining DVDs. I didn't have the instant 'Wow, I love that" feel when I watch the Deltafit DVDs that I had with JNL.

I can say that I absolutely love JNL Fusion. And, oh, there is lots of glute emphasis in JNL. I think you would hit all of your target areas.
I tried the first dvd from DeltaFit and even though I love BJ, I didn't find it too intense. I guess because of the 45 seconds in between each exercise. I ended up doing RKS #2 after. I might have to try the next few dvds and see how they go.

So far, I love JNL!. There is no warm up or cool down but each dvd made me sweat. I like that they are only 30-40 minutes long. Some may not like her personality but she didn't bother me. I only did 2 weeks of her rotation because I have a lot of new dvds that I wanted to try plus went on a one week vacation to NY and messed up my routine.

I did a CLX rotation once and got great results! Lost 10 lbs but got bored by the end of the rotation. CLX has a warm up and cool down but the warm up is pretty much the same.

I don't have Rushfit so can't comment on that one.
ADoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-12, 06:30 PM  
kitty12

This thread inspired me to watch Deltafit while I was doing the elliptical. I liked what I saw on Phase 2 better than Phase 1. The first workout was body weight, the second used weights (8-10 lbs recommended for a woman). The third workout was "combination" exercises - which could mean doing upper and lower body at the same time, or could also mean doing two moves right after the other. It was the more complicated of the three. I may give this DVD a try after I finish my JNL rotation and before I hop into Rushfit.

(JNL does not do combination exercises)
kitty12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-12, 09:02 AM  
eam531
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahoo205 View Post
I keep looking at these and don't know which one to get. I'm tempted by JNL bc it's so quick and i can keep doing other things. I really want to lose fat, get tighter, and get stronger.

I love emphasis on triceps, back, butt, hamstrings.

Anyone think one is better than another? can anyone comment on results? Thanks
I loved Rushfit, but it is not a 'cosmetic' workout program. It's a functional fitness, athletic conditioning program with a lot of emphasis on the core. You only need two dumbbells and there are a lot of bodyweight exercises. Since I am an equipment minimalist, I liked that a whole lot.

I got a lot stronger (especially in the core and legs) and more toned and tighter, with greatly improved endurance, but it isn't the kind of program that is designed to give you cosmetic results (perky butt, etc.) like the ones JNL promises. I was very pleased with the program, but if you want to look like a figure model, Rushfit isn't that kind of program, and was never designed to be. I felt I looked more like an athlete (leaner, toned) after finishing the program and was really pleased with that (as was DH).

I hated CLX. A minority opinion here, but I couldn't make it thru two weeks of the program. Everything is compound exercises (or whatever it is called when you work upper and lower body at the same time) and my knees were killing me. Plus, the weight I need to lift heavy for my legs is quite a bit heavier than the weight I can lift for my upper body. Absolutely the worst fitness program I ever bought.

There is no way of telling people they are all walking around shining like the sun--Thomas Merton

People have done all kinds of remarkable things because they thought they could. People routinely fail to do quite ordinary things because they assume they can't--Reinhard Engels

Stay gold, Ponyboy--S.E. Hinton

Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try--Ryan Bingham

Disclosure: I have a personal relationship with a fitness instructor who has appeared in some videos.

Last edited by eam531; 08-25-12 at 09:05 AM. Reason: added CLX
eam531 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bj gaddour, clx, deltafit speedshred, jnl fusion, rushfit