Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-04-20, 07:44 AM  
Rhonda

I just do CoffeyFit on the yearly rate.

I have done Cathe; Les Mills; Beachbody but found I didn't use those programs much so just have the one for now.

We just got cable in our area right before the pandemic hit. It is very slow so I can't ZOOM at all.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-20, 08:40 AM  
Gale K.
VF Supporter

I like to have 2-3 sites for streaming. While annual memberships are a good deal, I am leary of doing so after the past year, when I had a prepaid membership and couldn't use it due to an injury. Right now I am only streaming Bellicon Home and may add on Live later. I find YouTube overwhelming and stressful, though there is some good workouts on there.

I do prefer purchasing a workout for streaming and/or download, and have some Kaisa Fit and Lauren Brooks workouts in this manner.

The winds of grace are blowing all the time--all we need to do is raise our sails.
-Rama Krishna, as quoted by Baron Baptiste
Gale K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-20, 08:44 AM  
Messe

I joined Lauren Brooks’ Playground in mid-September and plan to keep my membership for at least three more months when my current subscription comes up for renewal in a couple of weeks. It’s the best fitness investment I’ve made in a long, long time.

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-20, 09:23 AM  
sheepla
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
I think I would make do with free resources on YouTube, if I had to . It's amazing what I would spend monthly on dvds but would balk when it comes to streaming. Maybe it's that feeling of ownership.
I completely agree with Bubbles.
Old 12-04-20, 10:09 AM  
Izzy

I agree with the ownership as well. Streaming is like renting. When it's over you have nothing to show for it. Which is why I wish more instructors would offer downloads if they are going to go that route of no DVD's.
Old 12-04-20, 10:26 AM  
AlisonH
VF Supporter

This thread prompted me to add it all up. I have Les Mills (annual), Beach Body (annual), and the Peloton app (monthly). I also have the cheapest membership at Planet Fitness, mainly for access to a treadmill, which I haven’t used since March but I keep in hopes that the gym won’t have to close down before I feel safe going again. It all adds up to $532.88 a year $44.41 a month. I think I only bought 4 fitness DVDs this year, so to me, the streaming is worth it.
AlisonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-20, 12:50 PM  
anetta

I do wish CS and WOW would offer downloads, I would love that.

Anita
anetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-20, 07:42 AM  
hdw
VF Supporter

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjayd View Post
I’m also not into streaming. But a work around to YouTube ads is to download the workout. The ads don’t come with the download. You can just delete the workout after if you didn’t like it. Some instructors keep ads just to the beginning and the end (Caroline Girvan and Barlates certainly do). I think it might depend on music used. I don’t like the ads either. It’s very intrusive during yoga particularly.
This. I used freemake which I bought for $20. Worth every penny since it can rip some DVDs too.

My exercise budget has gone down tremendously since the popularity of streaming. I find that the contents are not any different than DVDs. The order/reps/length/song might be different but not much that makes me want to subscribe. It's all about consistency, pushing yourself and nutrition.

I love Caroline Girvan on youtube btw. Just sayin'.
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-20, 08:15 AM  
dnna

after years of Hughes net, my town finally got high speed internet but our taxes went way up to pay for it, and the monthly fee is 80 dollars, for just internet -no phone or tv. So I have limited money to spend on paying instructors for their sites.
I do pay for a class with Fitness with Cindy every two weeks or so, for 5 dollars. It makes me so happy!
I really like my dads and sometimes challenge myself to go to the garage and pick out a few to try.and sometimes a new chair yoga or chair workout shows up on Amazon.
with my knee being so damaged I like working out with old familiar workouts that I know I can do, and still walk today and tomorrow.
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-20, 08:48 AM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by anetta View Post
I do wish CS and WOW would offer downloads, I would love that.

Anita
I don't know what WOW is, but my dearest fitness wish is CS downloads.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
budget, subscriptions