Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-03-20, 07:32 PM  
Garrie A.

Welcome December!

Here is how my week has been so far:

Sunday:
The Bar Method: Change Your Body

Monday:
TAUGHT Step class

Tuesday:
AM: TAUGHT TNT class (My class was all upper body, starting with three trisets for Back, Chest, and Shoulders each done twice then finishing with three Biceps and Triceps pairs each done once. Most exercises were done for 10-12 reps, and I cued for moderate-to-heavy weights.)

PM: Classic Callanetics (this DVD is basically the Quicks compiled into an hour-long workout similar in order to the original Callanetics book workout)

Wednesday:
The Firm: Tortoise (I was missing my Firms and Tracie. Decided to go a bit heavier than last time.)

Today I taught a Zumba class, and threw in a few Christmas songs.

On Sunday I start the final Mesocycle of Cathe's STS (Strength), which means I start the four week countdown towards completing my second round of the program. This time, however I'm doing the Squat Rack Legs DVDs instead of Plyo Legs. I will also add a lighter weight lower body workout towards the end of the week (thinking of alternating Butts & Guts one week, Great Glutes the next).

After revisiting Tortoise yesterday, it got me thinking about my plans for after STS. I'm thinking about doing a rotation combining my two workout loves, The Firm and Cathe (mixed in with various cardio and yoga). Stay tuned!

Sandra: Thanks for starting us off this month! Good 'n Strong is one of my favorite MR DVDs.

Beth: OMG! I would've passed out if Heidi popped up on my screen. If I saw your post yesterday, I would've probably changed my mind last minute and do Firm Cardio.

Linda: I'm glad your surgery went well.

Margot: I have all four TLTs but have only done the ones that Tracie led. Re Patrick, I'm new to him. I rented one of his step workouts last year from Netflix (Step Appeal?) but I got frustrated with it and swore I'd never touch one of his step workouts again. I loved his personality though. Now that I'm a choreography junkie, I decided to give him another shot. I bought two DVDs from eBay--B.E.S.T. and Step Up, and fell in love. The hoarding has commenced. I haven't pulled out a Kari workout in a long time. My favorites were Two The Max and Sweat Express (although the warm-up music in the latter grates on my nerves).

Sherry: I love dark chocolate and peppermint.
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Retro Rotation!!

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-20, 10:08 PM  
JustSandra

Hello!

Today's Workout: The Shoulders, Hips & Hamstring Stretch from Essentrics Strength & Stretch In Motion (aka The One With the Birds!). It felt very good after a full-body Margaret workout yesterday.

Beth: How fun to see Heidi! One of my favorite Firm instructors.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-20, 10:47 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Yoga With Bird 10 Minute Morning Yoga Full Body Stretch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMCQ...l=YogaWithBird
Essentrics

I'm waving to everyone!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-20, 11:48 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Good morning mat mavens!

Yesterday’s workouts:
~Taught Essentrics on zoom
~6 km walk - We met DS2 & DIL for an outdoor visit, they live about an hour drive from us. We hadn’t seen them for a while, so it was nice! Between his crazy schedule, rainy weather, & short days, it was hard to find a time to meet outside.

Regarding sneakers....I am between medium & narrow, but I can’t stand any pressure on my toes so I look for a roomy toe box. I also need room to put my orthotics in them. DH and I always bought a new pair or two at Big 5 Sports when we went to the US, good deals on last year’s models. I’m due for a new pair, but I’m mostly wearing my hiking boots or Blundstones at this time of year. Talk about longevity..,.my Blundstones are about 15 years old. I had them resoled a couple of years ago & they look like new.

I’ve started a thread on GD about a winter sadhana. I usually start Jan 1, but think I’ll start on Solstice as I don’t think there will be much going on over Christmas. I’ll need something to focus on!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-20, 01:24 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pam, I was actually thinking about some sort of hiking shoes. I'm not that picky about my sneakers since I usually don't have them on for long (due to doing so many workouts barefoot).

Paine, how are you liking the Yoga with Bird videos? I did a couple with her that I thought were okay.

Sandra, maybe I'll meet Heidi at an in-person conference some time.

TGIF - Happy Friday!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-20, 01:29 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Beth, the Yoga With Bird gentle stretches in the morning have been nice. I like the short practices.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-20, 03:32 PM  
Twigs

Happy Friday!

Today's workouts:
- FitPrime Pump with Heidi Tanner. I really like her; much more natural than 'actressy' that you find with a couple of the FIRM instructors.
- 75m Walk in the cold and wind. I should have stayed at home!
- Beth's Yoga at your desk - I liked the stretches for the upper back, which is one area I need to work on. My neck felt a lot better too afterwards. Thank you Beth.
- Yamuna ball rolling on the calves and shins.

Garrie - Count me in as a choreography junkie too. I almost did Kari's Sweat Express the other day. Now I'm intrigued to go listen to the warm-up music. I keep toying with Callanetics but haven't managed to get into a regular routine with it yet, even though I always feel good afterwards.

Sandra - That CS class with the birds is one of my all-time favourites.

Pam - I'll be happy to start the Sadhana on the Solstice. I think Christmas is going to be a little flat here this year too. Thanks for starting a thread.

Paine - I've never heard of Yoga with Bird. Thanks for the link.

Waves to all!

"Practice makes progress" ~ Sandra Hanna
Twigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-20, 09:43 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~Barre3: Strength Conditioning - Another hit for me, all standing, lots of balance, a few yoga poses
~Neighbourhood walk
~25 min rebounding
~Flow Yoga class online - using up passes from one of my favourite studios in the city. The studio is all virtual right now due to new COVID safety measures. This was okay but they had some technical issues & I modified a bit as it was rather wrist-y.

Margot & Garrie - I salute you! I am so not a choreography junkie! Complex choreography leaves me sooooo frustrated, lol. Garrie I’ve seen you do step on FB videos & you are awesome!

Beth - I’ve had my hiking boots for ages too, I rarely wear shoes out. They are gortex so I wear them in the trails as it can be wet at this time of year. I do wear sneakers a lot in warmer months for walking so I try to replace them every year. Like you, I rarely wear shoes for indoor workouts.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-20, 10:29 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Garrie somehow I missed your post earlier; I knew you'd be excited about Heidi. Glad you are still teaching. I was just thinking I have to pull out my Quick Callanetics.

Margot did my webinar inspire you to work out with Heidi? Glad the desk practice was helpful to you!

Pam, maybe I should invest in those Blundsones you mentioned.

I'm going to go to yoga class tomorrow morning; I'm glad the time is now 10.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-20, 09:54 AM  
sherry7899

I took an unplanned rest day yesterday.

This morning I did:

-hour long NIA dance class that was really fun
-Yoga Upload morning practice

I hoped to do a longer practice, but home things got in the way. I will try for longer yoga tomorrow.

I'll try to check back later.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote