Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-04-20, 05:00 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Just need to keep up ...

And I'll try for shout outs tonight or tomorrow (weekend is on the horizon BUT ... I work on Sat. so it will go much too quickly.)

12/3/2020: A.M.: Power Zone 30 mins * (mostly zones 4 & sweet spot), PRS PM: Row 45 minutes, cool down technique row 5 minutes and 10 minutes mobility**

* I lollygagged too much in the a.m and ran out of time for my TOUGH 60 mins.power zone ride (kinda like I'm doing now). So I had exactly 30 mins. to get a power zone workout done before work. I was looking at my son's workouts and I decided, "Eh - let me do this Olivia one he just did. It's 30 mins. I think he's still doing just endurance rides since he's such a new rider." hahahahahaha Imagine my suprrise when Olivia said zones 3 & sweet spot. Ooops

** This mobility workout was such a keeper. I intend on doing it more often. Holy mackeral. Could possibly be the BEST EVER stretch/mobility workout I've ever done. (It's on the Hydrow app) It is dubbed beginner (aok with me if I never progress beyond beginner.) and ohhhh it felt divine. Yes! Yes! Yes!

Make it a great day.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-20, 11:42 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

12/3 - Started to workout and quit after 6 minutes. Very proud of myself that I came back later in the day and started the workout over and finished!
Jessica's Tone & Flow
1 Mile Walk w/ Rocky from Leslie's site.

Pam - you have me looking at the Barre3 streaming. I wish they had a free trial, but they do say you can cancel at any time. You mentioned a lot of 30 minute workouts, which I really like. I have a feeling I'm going to cave.
Cleda - finding a great stretch is wonderful. It does a body good!
Waves to Helen & Kay, hope you're still out there!

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-20, 12:00 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Good morning

Dec 3:
~Taught Essentrics on zoom
~6 km walk - We met DS2 & DIL for an outdoor visit, they live about an hour drive from us. We hadn’t seen them for a while, so it was nice! Between his crazy schedule, rainy weather, & short days, it was hard to find a time to meet outside.

Lili - Tone & Flow is a nice one! The Barre3 year deal is a good one, $118 for a year. I think it is 60% off, & is on until Dec 7. These are my kind of workouts, light weight/high rep with some big moves for cardio and a little yoga in the warm up & cool down. They also have some 10 min, 45 min, & 60 min workouts. 30 is my go to as I like to string shorter workouts together.

Cleda - That mobility workout does sound divine!

Waves to Helen!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-20, 10:47 PM  
Helen

drive-by - busy with Cait & Corey
Fri., 4th Dec.
31min, Cathe - Perfect30 - HIIT - High Impact (modified here & there for knee)
35min, Cathe - Perfect30 Pump - Upper Body + Upper Body Bonus
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-20, 11:21 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Drive by for me too....

Dec 4:
~Barre3: Strength Conditioning - Another hit for me, 30 min, all standing, lots of balance, a few yoga poses
~Neighbourhood walk
~25 min rebounding
~Flow Yoga class online - using up passes from one of my favourite studios in the city. The studio is all virtual right now due to more COVID safety measures. This was okay but they had some technical issues & I modified a bit as it was rather wrist intensive.

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 12-06-20, 01:09 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Driving by again....

Dec 5:
~BellyFit TV: Goddess - This was fun, I only did the cardio which was about 25 min
~7 km trail walk in a lovely new too us forest trail system
~Essentrics Stretch Series: Gail’s Joint Pain Relief
~active release & acupressure

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 12-06-20, 06:15 AM  
Helen

Sat., 5th Dec.
38min, Cathe - XTrain - All Out Low Impact HIIT
Sun., 6th Dec.
44min, Cathe - Perfect30 - Pump - Lower Body + Lower Body Bonus + Extended Stretch Mix
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-20, 08:11 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

So good to see everyone!!!

Even when we all just post our workouts and run! I LOVE it .... so happy to have you all here with me.

Mobility workout: I need to do it again. I know it was good. nothing very difficult and it stretched me in horizontal ways. We all know I mostly workout in vertical motions (running, rowing and cycling) so anything that stretches me horizontal is just heavenly. It's what I look for ... this had all the key components I look for in a stretch. I hope it's as good as I remember when I go back to do it. And the fact that all the moves were doable for me is even BETTER!!!

I know this will sound ridiculous (so I shouldn't even say it) but I'm feeling slackerish. It is always good that I get busy or my body says NO! Because I KNOW in my heart of hearts, I need slower/down days. That's what helps me get stronger. So, I'll not whine about it (except for the first sentence of this paragraph!)

I need to get some variety in my workouts today as I feel I've come up short on runs & rows this week (I did come up short!) Well, maybe not the rows (since the beginning of the week was the previous month and those workouts just don't show on Decembers. (too much time on my hands this a.m. to devote to the check in? I can talk of silly things)

Pam: so good that you got to visit with family members. It's helpful. Even outside and responsibly!!! It does the soul good. (That reminds me: I need to get busy and send out some postal cards to some friends!! I know they appreciate them). And the walk sounds lovely!!!

Helen: I sure hope your knee feels better. I hope you don't have to go the surgery route. Unless you do and then we're here to help/listen through your recovery and regaining your mobility. I give you a lot of credit - I am not sure I would continue to be working out. DO BE CAREFUL. (But I know you are).

Lili: That is GREAT that you went back later in the day to finish up the workout. KUDOS . I bet you feel awesome for doing that. (and you should!) Did you cave on the barre subscription? Enquiring minds wanna know!

Waves to Kay and any lurkers .....

Me, me and all me (short & sweet):

12/4/2020: Power Zone ride, PRS- 60 minutes

12/5/2020: Power Zone MAX ride - 45 minutes + Grateful dead cooldown ride, Post ride stretch

I am in to week 5. It's probably the TOUGHEST week of the challenge (second to last) and I'm trying to get a jump on it because next week is the start of all the holiday runs, rides, bootcamps, etc. and I want to participate with them. (Can we say BADGES?) ...

I may or may not need to redo my FTP test as the Power Zone MAX ride was crazy hard, but not like it used to be. So I'm obviously getting stronger. I think I'll let it be for now as I continue to cross train. I have decided however, that I AM skipping the next power zone challenge. Can you believe it??? It's January 18th. But it's 8 weeks long and to be honest? There are too many other workouts i want to be doing and focusing on vs. 8 rides a week for 8 weeks for a challenge. I do think I'm disciplined enough to continue to work out every day. And I will make sure to get some variety in there. I have so many things to choose from. I do not want to be tied to the challenge. I've been doing them for a longggggggg time now and it's just time for a break. I may go back, I may not. I don't know. (Think StepBet, RunBet ~ although I did NOT have a connection with people like I do with PZ challenges.) I just htink I'll have more time for running, rowing, bootcamps, bellicon, weights, stretching, etc, etc. . . Too many workouts, not enough time. Maybe even get back to some videos. Like a permanent recess. I can always go back if I need to.

Ok, that's it for me. I have to go and get ready for a good workout. I think we have some variety on deck for today and meet Nancy at noon for Sundays With Love. (that's a constant and she does push me to do tougher rides as well. Think Tabata) ... I also belong to a lot of facebook groups that have branched off from Power zone training and do their own rotations/challegnes, so I certainly will have many schedules to choose from.

Make it a great day!
Happy Weekend.
Cleda
Old 12-06-20, 12:25 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Cleda - I support your choice to skip the next PZ challenge! Variety is key, for me, and that will give you a chance to do it all! There's always another PZ Challenge on the horizon. Yes, I did cave on the Barre3, and right after I did, I found the free trial. It says you can cancel at any time, so even if I only do it for a month, that's okay.
Pam - Your hike sounds lovely. So far I've only done 1 of the Barre3 w/o's and I'm not sure how I feel about it. I do like having a variety of time choices.
Helen - you make me want to pull out some Cathe!

12/4 - Barre3 30 min. Strength Conditioning w/ Andrew.
1 Mile w/ Brittany from Leslie's site.
Lymphatic Cleanse w/ Jeremy (this was the one in front of the bean)
12/5 - dog walk
Jessica's 30 mn. Power Intervals Walk

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-20, 03:18 PM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Lymphatic Cleanse

In front of the bean is ONE OF MY FAVORITES. . .

When we went to Chicago (on Pokemon business. LOL) ... I told dh we "Had to go to the bean" I needed pictures of it since several of the Bellicon workouts are videotaped by it. . .

And thank you for granting permission!

To keep this on topic I did a whole bunch of stuff today ...... But it didn't feel like much?!?

12/6/2020: Hydrow Drive workout for 30 minutes**, 5 minute cool down row (works technique - one of the reasons I do them), 30 minute power zone ride for the challenge, 30 minute OutKast Ride (to support Nancy!) with Denis Morton, 30 minute Sundays With Love (virtue: Selflessness) because - Nancy and I just do SWL!!! and followed up with post ride stretch and another Hydrow 10 minute beginner mobility. This one worked more of the back and it wasn't as delicious or divine as the other one I did! It's ok, I'm just checking out variety .... I can always go back (have the good one bookmarked).

My free month trial of Hydrow was up on Saturday. (That sure went fast!) So now I'm a paying member of the Hydrow community and I'm fine with that. I certainly use it. I have changed my set up now so that my Ipad is set up on top of boxes and sits IN FRONT of the rower. So it's head-on. No more to the side of the rower. So I don't have to look sideways. I can just look forward and focus on all my Numbers. Stroke rate, meter rate, etc, etc. It worked like a charm and I think it truly helped. I'm thrilled. (each month I seem to find something new, don't I?) It's all an adventure!!!

Outkast - a group that is hip hop. Nancy drags me into all these rides. Soooo not my style. But the bottom line is - I knew a lot of the songs since they are used in a lot of Denis's rides and the power zone rides. I am always surprised by that. The other thing is? Most of the rides (short of tabata) are not hard compared to all the power zone training. I will be forever grateful for that. And of course, adds to my "artist series" badge.

Peloton has a new badge out for Bike/bootcamp so I have to get 4 of those done in the next two weeks. I will. I want the badge. 'nuff said.

I think that's it for now.
Cleda