Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-29-20, 06:48 AM  
IceQueen07

Carolyn Girvan or Heather Robertson

I tried searching the forum, but keep getting an error. I have been looking at Carolyn Girvan and Heather Robertson on You Tube and they both look like they have great workouts. Has anyone followed their rotations? I know that Heather has monthly rotations and a 12 week plan and Carolyn has an Epic plan. Thoughts? If so, what were your results?

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-20, 11:20 AM  
buffmama

I like Caroline's shorter workouts I haven't tried one of her rotations. I have been doing Heather's rotations since she started posting them, her 7 day challenge and her 28 day challenge which is workouts pulled from her 12 week program. I wasn't a fan of the 28 day challenge but love her other workouts. They are shorter than the EPIC program less grueling, and I think more total body work. The 2 week lockdown lean is a rotation of her newer stuff and looks good. That would give you an idea of what to expect. I have been combining her workouts with Mr and Mrs Muscle, pilates, and short yoga practices and see a lot of total body integrated strength and flexibility. Feel great and getting stronger. Looking to add in some short kettlebell total workouts at this point.
Old 11-29-20, 01:28 PM  
IceQueen07

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
I like Caroline's shorter workouts I haven't tried one of her rotations. I have been doing Heather's rotations since she started posting them, her 7 day challenge and her 28 day challenge which is workouts pulled from her 12 week program. I wasn't a fan of the 28 day challenge but love her other workouts. They are shorter than the EPIC program less grueling, and I think more total body work. The 2 week lockdown lean is a rotation of her newer stuff and looks good. That would give you an idea of what to expect. I have been combining her workouts with Mr and Mrs Muscle, pilates, and short yoga practices and see a lot of total body integrated strength and flexibility. Feel great and getting stronger. Looking to add in some short kettlebell total workouts at this point.
Thank you. I will look at the 2 week lockdown one also.

**Candice**
Old 11-29-20, 01:28 PM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

I’m just finishing the Epic program. Today is the last workout. It is very much a strength building program if you lift heavy. You could lift lighter for more reps if that is your preference. It only has one day of cardio a week (hiit on Sundays) and two rest days, Thursday and Saturday if you follow it to the letter. She suggests doing your own cardio like walk outside too. She has a dog she walks every day for an hour. She did make a 40ish minute steady state cardio that can be done on an active rest day as well.

I liked it quite a bit. It is tough. I added some extra cardio after a couple of weeks but I tend to do double workouts anyway. That’s just me. I did utilize Anna from Growingannanas for her 12 to 20 minute hiits after an Epic strength as a quick cardio finisher. That worked pretty well. I feel I gained strength throughout my body. She has some interesting push-ups I had never done before. Some I was pleasantly surprised I could do.

I haven’t done anything by Heather so I can’t comment on her.
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-20, 01:42 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

Love Epic! It's a purely strength workout. Seeing her struggle finishing her reps make it real. I lift heavy knowing it's ok to take a break. I'm constantly sore with her workout. It's definitely not for a beginner. Her total body workout on Friday is an hour length. 30 min Hiit on Sunday.
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-20, 01:52 PM  
IceQueen07

Thanks. Strength/heavy is what I really want. I really don't like a lot of cardio and definitely not high impact cardio, so I figure I can add extra hiit ones in from other instructors.

**Candice**
Old 11-29-20, 02:58 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjayd View Post
I’m just finishing the Epic program. Today is the last workout. .
Do you know if she'll be putting out more workouts regularly? I did parts of Epic and liked the workouts, but wasn't interested in the rotation.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-20, 03:07 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

I really like Caroline and her channel, but did not do her Epic rotation. I attempted her beginner Epic HIIT workout and not even midway through my back shouted MAY DAY! and I bailed on it.

Her Epic workouts are good no doubt but are tough, I would certainly suspect you would get results but I can't tell you from personal experience.

My favorite workouts from her are her shorter workouts, any long workout no matter who the instructor is going to drag for me. I really like her beginner Epic total body weight routine, 30 minutes and really hits all the muscles, nice workout that I did today. I also really like her booty band workouts. I need to do some of her ab workouts.

Not all of her workouts are for me but she puts a lot of work into her channel and it's exploded a very short amount of time, I am pleased to see it's so successful because she deserves it. She is very likable and I really like her accent, she seems very down to earth.

Heather Robertson, have not really tried yet but am meaning to, she has a lot of workouts that I think would be good for me as well. She is hugely successful as well, lots of variety and she seems very likable.

To respond to Erica, it will be interesting to see what she does next, if she goes back to the workouts that she was doing before, if she takes a week break (wouldn't blame her), or is cooking up another program/rotation.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-20, 03:42 PM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taramisu View Post
I really like Caroline and her channel, but did not do her Epic rotation. I attempted her beginner Epic HIIT workout and not even midway through my back shouted MAY DAY! and I bailed on it.
I did the first day of beginner Epic (lower body) and could barely walk for two days after! Someday when I'm a little more fit I will attempt her workouts again because I really like her.

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham
Rivercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-20, 04:09 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taramisu View Post
I
To respond to Erica, it will be interesting to see what she does next, if she goes back to the workouts that she was doing before, if she takes a week break (wouldn't blame her), or is cooking up another program/rotation.
She just made an announcement on youtube - Epic 2 starts in January!

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
carolyn girvan, heather robertson