Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-03-20, 09:54 PM  
Helen

Drive-by

Tue., 1st Dec.
70min dog walk
Wed., 2nd Dec.
60min walk with school walkers
31min, Kari - Push - HiLo Mix
31min, Cathe - Perfect30 - HIIT - Low Impact
Thu., 3rd Dec.
58min, Cathe - XTrain - Super Cuts + Core 2 Mix

There have been more dog walks, every day, but don't recall durations, nothing like 2 hrs, and no more couch runs.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-20, 12:14 AM  
Vantreesta

Did the shortest premix of Hard Strikes today, subbing for Perfect 30 High Impact HIIT, after rowing 3.8 miles.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-20, 10:49 PM  
Helen

drive-by - busy with DD & her BF

Fri., 4th Dec.
31min, Cathe - Perfect30 - HIIT - High Impact (modified here & there for knee)
35min, Cathe - Perfect30 Pump - Upper Body + Upper Body Bonus

had to play catchup from when missed a night hugging Alice in the storm

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 12-04-20, 11:35 PM  
Vantreesta

You're doing great, Helen!

I bailed on my workouts today. I'm just in a funk. My moms both loved Christmas and I'm just having a hard time without them here. I've been trying to put up decorations and I realized today I just don't have the heart to go all out like usual so I'm keeping it more simple. I need hubby to help me move the couch down more so I can put up the tree and decorate it tmrw and that's gonna be about it. But first things first in the morning, gotta workout. We don't do as long of walks on the wknds bc more dogs are out so I should be able to get started earlier.

Very thankful to report my aunt was able to go home today! She will be on oxygen for now but i'm.just so glad she's doing better. Thanks for everyone's concern and prayers.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 12-05-20, 10:53 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
Very thankful to report my aunt was able to go home today! She will be on oxygen for now but i'm.just so glad she's doing better. Thanks for everyone's concern and prayers.
Glad to hear it Vannie!

As someone who isn't into the 'holiday hustle' I'm grateful for the toned down holidays this year. Christmas music didn't start until early Nov, no trees until after Thanksgiving - heaven! I don't need/want these things right after Halloween. Sometimes there is beauty in simplicity.

Sandy - How are your achy parts feeling? How is the meditating going? Like anything for me picking one that speaks to me makes all the difference. My inner sense just seems to laugh at the affirmations - I think I need to work on that.

Vannie + Helen - Great job on your rotation. I've done at least one XTrain rotation - not easy.
Old 12-05-20, 03:18 PM  
Vantreesta

I unwillingly did around 4-5 hours of digital decluttering the last two days as my phone had decided it didn't have enough free space for apps to work correctly. Thank the Lord for my brother's help bc honestly I was freaking out and super stressed that I was going to lose everything. I've also had a bad headache the last two days (possibly related?) and think I'm skipping workouts today. Hubby is working again so I'm puttering around doing little things. We're getting Mexican food for supper and I cannot wait. I will try really hard to ignore the voice that keeps reminding me I'm at my highest weight ever. Next week I'm making lefse so I need to scale back the workouts to just the Cathe rotation or I'll be stressed and berating myself for not getting it all done!

Buff, my mind sometimes scoffs at affirmations too. I keep at it though and most of the time I feel more positive even if I'm not more motivated or disciplined.

Old 12-07-20, 07:23 AM  
Helen

Sat., 5th Dec.
38min, Cathe - XTrain - All Out Low Impact HIIT
Sun., 6th Dec.
44min, Cathe - Perfect30 - Pump - Lower Body + Lower Body Bonus + Extended Stretch Mix
Mon., 7th Dec.
58min, Cathe - XTrain - Tabatacise

Drive-by, as had Cait & Corey left Sat, now Cait is back (Mon) & DH came home tonight as well - house & Alice all spruced again.

If it wasn't for rota, don't think I'd be doing as well - but DETERMINED to squish them in!
Mind you, quite some adapting as I get scared about knee sometimes.

Have appointment to have MRI viewed on the 22nd Dec.

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 12-07-20, 08:38 AM  
SandyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Sandy - How are your achy parts feeling? How is the meditating going? Like anything for me picking one that speaks to me makes all the difference. My inner sense just seems to laugh at the affirmations - I think I need to work on that.
I'm still working on all the parts, but they seem to be heading in the right direction.

The meditations are fine, but really they make me feel the same way her regular yin do: relaxed, focused on deep breathing, so I'd rather just do her yin.

Kassandra's yins with affirmations don't really seem to do much for me, but I repeat them silently and try to internalize them. I haven't become a better person yet...

Sandy O
Old 12-08-20, 11:06 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyO View Post
The meditations are fine, but really they make me feel the same way her regular yin do: relaxed, focused on deep breathing, so I'd rather just do her yin.

Kassandra's yins with affirmations don't really seem to do much for me, but I repeat them silently and try to internalize them. I haven't become a better person yet...

Sandy O
This makes me laugh. I hear ya. I just want an easier time living with myself.
Old 12-09-20, 05:31 AM  
Helen

Busy busy - it's THAT time of year!

Tue., 8th Dec.
90min walk with DH & Alice
40min, Cathe - Perfect30 - Flow - Basic Mix 2 (Mobility Basics + Core Bonus)
Wed., 9th Dec.
60min walk, with school walkers
46min, Cathe - XTrain - Super Cuts

The days draaaaaaagggg at work with only 5 school-days left (Thu,Fri + Mon,Tue,Wed next week)

Meditation
I have to concentrate SO much and can't last long without my mind wandering - I bring it back, but after 10-15min, it's wandered too far and for too long - I'm definitely side-tracked and no longer "meditating" by then.
Believe that one does improve the duration with practice, but I obviously don't practice enough.
Yeah - not sure if it's going to make me a better person or not, but it is supposed to stop one's telomere's shortening, which is good for longevity & general health.

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.