Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-20, 09:57 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Cher I’m sorry your sister had so much pain with her radiation and I hope the remaining treatments are less painful for her. I have ordered Cathe DVDs I didn’t think I had too, only to dig through my collections and realize I already had that one. I bet that is pretty common!

Vannie great job on rowing 2.7 miles! That is tough. Give yourself a pat on the back.

Jbliff we got down to 28 degrees last night! Briefly. It warmed up to 59
degrees so it was tolerable.

I ran 6 miles after work. Not supposed to be as cold tonight but when the sun disappeared I could feel the cold strengthen. Thank goodness for no wind.

Waves to Gibbee. Kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-20, 05:43 AM  
Cher

Yesterday’s workout was IMax 2 warm-up thru step combo 3 and step combo 10. Then did RWH Back, Biceps & Shoulders 2 Sets No Finishers premix.

Karen - Yikes, 28 degrees is a pretty chilly low temp for down there! My sister seemed to do a bit better with her treatment yesterday. Her doctor had her take a Motrin, 2 of her Steroid pills and some type of pain pill before she went this time. When she was done, she was able to go on with her normal day. She’s a toughie!

Vannie - Anything new about how your aunt is doing?

Waves JBliff & Gibbee.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-20, 07:18 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was Fit Split Push Day weights only premix + Perfect30 Yoga stretch premix.

Cher - Your poor sister! She really is tough. I'm glad her second session wasn't as bad as the first. How many does she have to do? Funny about the duplicate Cathe DVD. I think the only ones of hers I don't have is the Step Boss IMAX and Step Sync.

Karjoy - Your temps sound pretty similar to ours. We did go down to 25 degrees last night but it should warm up slightly the next few days.

Vannie
- That's a fair way to row in 20 minutes. Great job.

Hi to Gibbee. Have a good day, all.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-20, 12:13 AM  
Vantreesta

Thu 12/3 0 minutes
8 minutes (from L. Holden 30-Day Qi Gong Challenge day 12) R-AM 1st time
30 minutes (from Rowvember day 2) R-AM
35 minutes (from XTrain Hard Strikes premix 16 Timesaver no conditioning) R-AM
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-20, 07:03 AM  
Cher

Workout yesterday was RWH Legs.....my way.

Now, my aunt’s mother-in-law who lives in a nursing home just tested positive yesterday. She is 103 but you would never know she is that old. If you saw her you would think she’s in her 80’s! She is all there mentally. She is just needs a little help showering and getting dressed otherwise she is good. Refuses to sit in her bed all day. Anyway, she is a toughie! So far she has no symptoms. They only found out because they had a few cases so decided to test everyone.

JBliff - My sister’s last radiation is today. Step sync and IMax 4 are a little tricky but Cathe does break Step Sync down a lot more than any of her other step workouts. I think Party Rockin Step #1 is her most complex.....but it is so much fun once you get it.
Old 12-04-20, 09:14 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi all. Today is a rest day thank goodness. Ran 4 miles last night. I have kept up
some upper body strength training using my Cathe band but I need to figure out how to work in legs with increasing mileage.

Cher I’m glad your sister had an easier time with her treatment. Pretreating with steroids and pain pills seems like a great idea. Glad you enjoyed RWH leg as your way! I do that quite a lot with Cathe DVDs.

We’re seeing more and more Covid in our area and I cannot imagine how it must be in an area where cases are rampant.

Jbliff and Vannie and Cher, any snow in your area yet? Jbliff I am
assuming it is usually Christmas or after in your area.

Kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-20, 11:36 PM  
Vantreesta

I bailed on my workouts today. I'm just in a funk. My moms both loved Christmas and I'm just having a hard time without them here. I've been trying to put up decorations and I realized today I just don't have the heart to go all out like usual so I'm keeping it more simple. I need hubby to help me move the couch down more so I can put up the tree and decorate it tmrw and that's gonna be about it. But first things first in the morning, gotta workout. We don't do as long of walks on the wknds bc more dogs are out so I should be able to get started earlier.

Very thankful to report my aunt was able to go home today! She will be on oxygen for now but i'm.just so glad she's doing better. Thanks for everyone's concern and prayers.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 12-05-20, 06:17 AM  
Cher

Workout yesterday was Body Max 2 Warm-up and step combos, then Perfect 30 Extended Stretch.

My sister made it through her last radiation treatment. Now it’s a waiting game. Apparently it works over time. They will call and check in on her in 2 weeks and if she’s doing okay, she will get an MRI to se what’s happening in March. Hopefully it’ll be shrinking. She also has to start back on those pills that she used to take which keeps her cancer away. (She had to take a break from them last year because they were making her so sick). Obviously, since it came back when she stopped taking them for a long period, she needs to get back on them.

My cousin finally went home yesterday. Yay!

Karen - We have had snow flurries a couple times already but nothing to horrible yet....thank goodness.

Vannie - ((Hugs)) to you this Christmas. That’s a great idea to just go light on Christmas decorating if you aren’t up to going all out. Great news about your aunt!
Old 12-05-20, 07:01 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was Fit Split Legs & Glutes. Thursday's workout was LITE Rev'd Up Rumble + core premix.

Cher - I hope the radiation was helpful to your sister's cancer. She sure has been dealing with it for a long time. Kudos to her for being so resilient. Good news about your cousin.

Vannie - I understand it's tough to be in a cheerful mood with everything that's gone on this year. It's tough for me to be motivated to decorate this year. Glad to hear your aunt has been released from the hospital.

Karjoy - We don't get snow too often, but it's pretty unpredictable when we get it. It's been as late as April for us to get snow.

Have a good day, everyone.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-20, 03:19 PM  
Vantreesta

I unwillingly did around 4-5 hours of digital decluttering the last two days as my phone had decided it didn't have enough free space for apps to work correctly. Thank the Lord for my brother's help bc honestly I was freaking out and super stressed that I was going to lose everything. I've also had a bad headache the last two days (possibly related?) and think I'm skipping workouts today. Hubby is working again so I'm puttering around doing little things. We're getting Mexican food for supper and I cannot wait. I will try really hard to ignore the voice that keeps reminding me I'm at my highest weight ever. Next week I'm making lefse so I need to scale back the workouts to just the Cathe rotation or I'll be stressed and berating myself for not getting it all done!