Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-20, 01:00 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hi Kim - MY BAD! I am fine, exercising as usual and will be better about posting. Especially when I've invited you all to join Fit Chicks!

Today I couldn't wait and did the new Les Mills on Demand Body Combat United workout. SO MUCH FUN! It was all done in individual settings and then put up like a Zoom meeting. Dan and Rach still lead but it looks like they are in their own homes along with some other LM instructors. So good! I feel great. I've missed my Les Mills. I noticed there are several other new workouts I'll have to scope out.

Liquid Asana probably has the best music of any Yoga set I have. And so far the practices have been pretty good. I'm still working my way through them.

I used to often have a QOD - question of the day here and thought I might bring that back. Although I can't guarantee I'll remember every day so if you guys have one, please post it! It will be fun!

QOD: Do you have a favorite move or exercise that you like to do? Like pushups or burpees, lunges or stretches. Doesn't matter what kind.

Lately I have really liked Curtsy Lunges, especially with a heavy weight. Cathe does them often in her DVDs and I have found that it really hits my outer thighs and glutes and even quads. A pretty decent all-around leg move.

Have a wonderful Thursday!!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-20, 01:07 PM  
Jules

Can't believe it is almost the weekend! I have been sticking to daily cardio/yoga.

Tues: BodyCombat 88 30 minute mix + Yoga 30 for 30 Yin
Wed: Cathe's Intensity (step only) + High Reps Core + Yoga 30 for 30 Chi Flow
Today: Cathe's CTX Power Circuit Cardio + Yoga 30 for 30 Gentle

Ladies - I overate big-time last week and my pants are super tight! I have my yearly exam next week. I hope my doctor doesn't scold me.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-20, 05:30 PM  
Malinda

Great job on the workouts, you guys!

It's been a busy week trying to help DH get ready for his surgery tomorrow. I won't be allowed to go into the surgery center, so I'm going to go into my office for only the third time since March. The surgeon will call me when he is finished and let me know when DH is expected to be out of recovery. I guess they will give me his discharge orders in the parking lot. I am very nervous about the whole thing. My plan at the office is to sit in my office with the door shut the whole time and hope no one decides to try to come in and talk to me. There are very few people working in the office at this time, but those that are tend to be the social butterflies of the Firm.

Workouts continue to be willy-nilly:

Mon - The Work Cardio + Core
Tues - Core de Force MMA Power
Wed - Body Project Cardio Starter with DH
Thu - Turbo Fire Greatest HIITS

I don't know if I'll get a workout in tomorrow morning. I think I need some yoga, mentally and physically.

I'm looking forward to seeing the answers to the QOD! Mine would have to be Happy Baby! It just feels so dang good. Pigeon is a close second. Kate, I used to hate curtsy lunges but I've come to like them, because you are right, they hit all the upper-leg hot spots.

Have a great Friday everyone!
Old 12-03-20, 08:05 PM  
Jules

Kate - I did not see your QOD earlier as we posted about the same time.

This is such a hard question! I agree with Malinda that Pigeon is awesome - both regular and double seated. I also love doing uppercuts and core work.

Malinda- I hope all goes smoothly for your husband tomorrow.
Old 12-03-20, 09:56 PM  
fanofladyvols

Malinda I'd have to put on the door..please call and do not enter on my door, lol. Please update us..will say a prayer for your hubby.

Jules I have an easy solution for your doctor visit.. postpone it until you have had time to feel less anxious about their response. I remember when I used to tell my obgyn nurse at the end of my first pregnancy...'nope!' when she tried to weigh me. We all knew it was bad anyway.. haha.

Kim how many untried workouts do you have left? Did you work through them all?

Kate a question of the day? FUN! OK, so I love the pilates rolling like a ball, floorwork I love the BBL move where you arc your leg in a semicircle..(probably for the same reasons you like the curtsy lunge which I also like) and weights..I dig the one legged deadlift and hip thrust ...oh and incline chest press on the stability ball....oh and I love the turkish getup!! Haha ok so I like alot, hehe!!

After a couple of days of pilates only, today was elliptical interval run, FPR Knee Phase 1 and extra exercises in Jill Miller Yoga link Shoulders shape up.

Let's all stomp out Thursday now and get to the Friday of it all!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-20, 12:08 PM  
Mickey12

Jules I think your doctor will give you a pass on the weight this year. First of all, it’s right after Thanksgiving, for crying out loud. AND, it been such a stressful year I think we all should have some allowance for a little extra weight.

Malinda I’m sending lots of good vibes to you and your husband. I totally understand the extra nervousness. We’re thinking of you.

Kate I love the QOD idea! The first thing that came to mind was lateral raises for the shoulders. I don’t know why I like doing them, but I just do. Then I read what other people posted and I absolutely adore pigeon pose! With curtsie lunges I always feel like I will tweak my knees. I never have, but the angle and position just seems risky to me.

Linda I thought I was all done with my virgin workouts then I remembered I had some yoga practices from Annie Carpenter that I haven’t done. Truth be told, I also have some workouts from Shawn T ‘s Insanity which I picked up at Salvation Army. I never really seriously thought I would do the workouts. I just bought the set because it was so cheap. So, do they really count as virgin’s when I wasn’t planning on doing them?!

My husband and I took off all the Fridays in December. We are enjoying a lazy day at home. Life is good.
Old 12-04-20, 01:22 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Jules: Did you try the new Combat United workout? It's fantastic. A little weird with all the instructors off and on but totally easy to follow. As far as weight gain...just get right up, dust yourself off, start all over again!

Malinda: It is SO HARD to have anyone in the hospital these days. I hope everything goes well!

Linda: Turkish getups are wicked but good.

Kim: I hope you will try those Insanity workouts. They are intense but no reason why you can't modify if you need to. The backgrounders struggle and they're all young and in shape.

I also adore Lizard pose in Yoga. Did some in a Yin practice yesterday and I could barely move out of the posture...but it felt so good.

Today I did more LMOD. I found these Trainer Series workouts which are new. I suppose they are trying to add as much new content as they can considering covid restrictions. So I did all these which were right around 20 minutes each.
Ben Bodyweight + Dan Bodyweight + Lisa Cardio + Mark Stretch. Ben's workout was more like just a warmup and he actually talked a little too much. Dan's was awesome and I am feeling it now. Of course Lisa is always good with a short but sweet Tabata style workout. Finally Mark and a really delightful stretch focusing on the spine.

I noticed that LMOD also has other stretch workouts so I may try some of those too. They look wonderful.

TGIF!!! Stay well, be strong in your body, heart and mind.

ETA: QOTD
- what was your very first fitness vhs/dvd/workout?

Mine was Gilad's Bodies in Motion vhs I ordered off of his show on ESPN. WAAAY back around 1990-ish. Followed very shortly by Ada's Basic Training.

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-20, 03:12 PM  
Mickey12

QOD Answer: I can't specifically remember, but it was probably either Charlene Prickett TV show taped from TV or Gilad's Body's in Motion taped from TV (or more likely, I taped them both). This would have been back in 1985 or thereabouts? First proper VHS I bought was probably a Charlene Prickett workout, but again, I don't have a clear memory. It's been a great obsession collecting all my workouts since then.
Old 12-04-20, 07:14 PM  
Jules

TGIF! Thanks so much for all the emotional support for my upcoming annual exam. I would love to bump it to summertime when I am usually more active and eating better. Also, it is a long drive and the roads can be icy this time of year. Unfortunately, I am on some prescriptions that require I see the doctor every year. I will ask her about it next week.

Linda: Your favorite moves all require tons of balance and a strong core! I have that Jill Miller Shoulder DVD but it is still in my virgin pile along with Hip Helpers and Core Integration. I should really break open the shrink wrap.

Kim: Fridays off sound fabulous! I like to do shoulder presses too.

Malinda: How did everything go today?

Kate: I have not tried the new BC yet, but it sounds like the perfect weekend jam. Thanks for the head's up!

QOD: I worked out at the YMCA in downtown Minneapolis through my university years and did not start exercising at home until 1993ish. I bought a Club Step at that time and it came with a video featuring Tim Culwell, Nadia Comaneci, and Gay Gasper. I bought Karen Voigt's Energy Sprint in '94 and that was my main workout for a long time until I discovered Cathe's Power Max. I also had Karen's Great Weighted Workout and Tamilee Webb's Abs of Steel!

* I still use my original Club Step BTW - What a bargain!
Old 12-04-20, 09:31 PM  
Malinda

Just a quick post to say THANK YOU so much for the well wishes & prayers. Everything went very smoothly and DH is doing pretty well tonight. He has a nerve block pump and we rented a Game Ready ice/compression machine that is awesome. The doc said he should get a lot of relief from the cleaning up of floating cartilage.

So... So far, so good! I'm having a glass of wine. Okay, so I'm on my third glass. But who's counting?

Take care, y'all!