Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-20, 09:25 AM  
annette
VF Supporter

So far this week I've done

Cathe's Pyramid Upper/Lower pre-mix from the Intensity series

Totally Hot Cardio with Christi Taylor - so much fun. I hadn't done this in a long time so kind of flubbed some of the choreography. I used to do this one at least once a week; not sure why I stopped.

Tracie Long's Signature Series Vol 1 - I received this in a trade. I like the mobility work but wish there was a warm up. I felt stiff going straight into the moves.

We decorated outside for Christmas over the weekend. For some reason though I can't get motivated to decorate the inside. We usually host our extended family gathering and this year we're not so maybe that's why. I feel like why go to all the bother. Hopefully I'll get in the holiday spirit soon.

It's funny that in previous years I always felt so rushed to get everything done and now that I'm retired and have time I don't feel like it.
annette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-20, 09:39 AM  
laurajhawk

Annette, I'm not feeling the holiday decorating either. For the last few years if we thought of not doing it, we'd say "have to do it for our grandson!" but I don't think we'll see him this year, or just for a driveby.
Paula, I miss the little get-togethers too. I like my coworkers and miss the little work parties and hallway festivities. We are all working from home now.
New workouts are helping me feel "fresh" in this (otherwise rather depressing) workweek after a week off. I started Beachbody's The Prep and have done Push, Legs, and today Endurance & Agility. Yesterday was the program rest day and I did a RaviAna practice, and I had Zoom vinyasa class Tuesday night and will again tonight.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-20, 09:19 PM  
Paula N
VF Supporter

Nice to hear I am not alone in the lack of motivation to decorate. I hauled my boxes out of the basement on the weekend but have only put up a couple of things so far. Have not done any Christmas baking either other than soak fruit for the Christmas cake, and sent out one Christmas card so far. Over the past few years, I have slowly dwindled my list down to about three people I exchange cards with (no one else would ever send a card back), but this might a good year to revive the tradition.

I did an upper body workout earlier, and then a virtual dance class to 'N Sync's Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays. That put me in a Christmas mood!

No dress rehearsal. This is our life.
Paula N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-20, 09:37 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I think all of us respond differently to the pandemic. I am usually away visiting family Thanksgiving weekend, and because I couldn't do that this year, I decorated for Christmas, which was about a week early for us.

For me, coping with the pandemic has been all about giving myself permission. This definitely impacts me fitness-wise--e.g., permission to do easier workouts, permission to modify more, permission to take more off days, etc. Making those allowances allowed me to stay consistent; I'm just doing what I can. I've also meditated more this past year than ever before, which has helped.

For those struggling to exercise, I filmed a chair/desk yoga practice today. It's just under 30 minutes, very gentle, and a bit self-nurturing, too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehNEUFdSsiY

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-20, 06:45 PM  
Hsim

Thank you Toaster. I should try to do more gentle yoga.

Another stressful week at work. Had words with my boss over the Teams Chat. Exercise has been a little sporadic and I have had a couple of relax nights with wine.

Mon - just walking
Tues - Cathe pyramid upper body just up + low impact sweat BB & icy core + CF yoga chi gong & hip openers.
Weds - walk + Cathe KP&C legs and glutes
Thurs - just a walk
Fri - 2 mile run will try to add on something
Hsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-20, 06:58 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Hsim, I'm sorry to hear about your struggles with your boss; I've been there and have much compassion for this. All of the practices on my YouTube channel are slow and fairly gentle, with some a bit more active than others.

Happy Friday to all! I was worn out today (although this was a fairly slow week for me), so I just did restorative yoga and yoga nidra, both with Melissa West (YouTube).

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 12-04-20, 08:58 PM  
Paula N
VF Supporter

Beth, thank you for sharing the chair/desk yoga practice you filmed. I watched a few minutes and it looks wonderful. I am going to do it on my lunch break one day next week. Since I have been working from home, I spend so much more time sitting in my chair all day, so I can really use that. I agree with your attitude of giving yourself more permission during the pandemic. I have been doing something similar. For example, I have not been doing as much strength training as I did pre-pandemic, but I now realize that at least am doing some form of movement most days, and that is okay for now.

Hsim, sorry to hear about your work stresses. I have definitely been there before. It seems everyone I talk to, regardless of industry or role, has been experiencing a more stressful work environment.

Today was a walk, and then a virtual Beyonce dance class. I certainly do not have her style, but it was fun pretending.

Old 12-04-20, 09:10 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paula, my strength training (especially heavier work) is way down too! My attitude is pretty much the same as yours, that what I am doing is fine for now. I hope you like the desk yoga practice; I was aiming to do something more like 20 minutes but it turned out longer than I had intended.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 12-05-20, 01:38 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Thanks for the chair yoga practice, Beth!

This week was crazy. I had the first appointment for a root canal, a GYN appt. and an appt. with my endocrinologist. That's three doctor/dentist appointments in three days. I surely didn't want to go, but you have to take the appointments when they have them. Last week, I went in for my mammogram and DEXA.

The good news is that my mammogram was normal and my bone mass has improved.

I'm keeping up with my workouts. The Covid numbers in my county are appalling, so I am stressed out almost all the time.

Hugs to all!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-20, 08:43 PM  
Paula N
VF Supporter

Today was a virtual soca dance class, and a Cathe step workout. Still very deficient in the strength training category - I will have to fix that this week. Honestly, I should just forget about following a workout (gasp!) and just pick up some weights for half an hour.

Alta, that is excellent news about your test results. No fun going to so many medical appointments all at once, but I guess it needs to be done, and at least you have some tests out of the way for a while. I feel so stressed as well every time I hear the latest results, and I am fortunate enough to live in an area of Canada that is doing *relatively* well (of course, every death is one too many). Counting the days until I can get my vaccine, although I will (rightfully) be at the bottom of the distribution list based on my occupation / age / health category, so I'm guessing next fall.

Tags
check in, check-in, coronavirus, covid, covid-19, new check-in, pandemic, social fitnessing