Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-14, 04:46 PM  
poohpeggy

Cathe Daytona Pics?

Cathe's upper body looks thick in the Daytona pictures. Do you think this is from the heavy lifting she just finished filming? Don't get me wrong, she looks great, I just don't want to add bulk and I am still on the fence with canceling my pre-order. Thoughts?
poohpeggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-14, 07:50 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

I think Cathe looks amazing, if that's what you consider thick and bulky sign me up, lol. She looks leaner probably due to her crazy filming and work schedule.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-14, 08:11 PM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

Where can we see the pictures? TIA
Old 10-11-14, 08:25 PM  
poohpeggy

Cathe Facebook.
Old 10-11-14, 08:26 PM  
poohpeggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy G View Post
I think Cathe looks amazing, if that's what you consider thick and bulky sign me up, lol. She looks leaner probably due to her crazy filming and work schedule.
One problem I have had in the past when bulking up is none of my clothes fit right.
Old 10-12-14, 07:48 AM  
Chomper

Cathe's style of weightlifting is high volume bodybuilding with lots of isolation exercises. If you don't want to gain muscle mass, don't do it.

When your clothes don't fit right because you've changed your body composition (which by the way, increasing muscle mass is usually considered a positive change in body composition), it is normal to have to get new clothes that fit better. Usually people view that as a positive thing.
Chomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-14, 07:59 AM  
PhyllisG

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohpeggy View Post
One problem I have had in the past when bulking up is none of my clothes fit right.
I agree. I was not happy with the way my clothes fit. I have to admit I did not view this as a positive result. I was a Cathe devotee for years and did her monthly rotations. But in the end I was not happy. I could not find sweaters or tees to fit over my arms or jeans that fit well because of my quads. I moved on to TA and now barre and have been happy with the results.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-14, 01:30 PM  
Lisa C
VF Supporter

Quote:
Cathe's upper body looks thick in the Daytona pictures. Do you think this is from the heavy lifting she just finished filming? Don't get me wrong, she looks great, I just don't want to add bulk and I am still on the fence with canceling my pre-order. Thoughts?
do you like doing Cathe workouts? Do you like the results from her other workouts?

I don't think this series is going to be that different from her past workouts in terms of the way someone's body will change from them.

Cathe is pretty lean right now. I've been signed up for Cathe Live this past month and you can see as she got closer to filming how she leaned out (and I'm sure it was from her diet).

I think she is always pretty muscular and I don't think she specifically got these muscles from her latest series. She just leaned out and they are showing more.

She is also tiny, and I think if you saw her in person and not jumping around or lifting weights you wouldn't think she was "thick and bulky".

I'm with Kathy G., sign me up for that bulky. Cathe is so strong and she is going to be ready for anything as she ages.
Old 10-12-14, 01:31 PM  
Trixoo
VF Supporter

Quote:
So what you're saying is that she looks great, but you don't want to look like her?

Well, my guess is she lifts a lot heavier and very consistently than in RwH to get that physique, but you do what you feel is right for you. If lifting heavy gives you an aesthetic look you don't care for, I'm not sure why you preordered a set that was advertised as heavy lifting in the first place.

I'm not sure that you'll get any helpful responses, but, rather, yet another endless thread about workouts people do to look as thin as possible and workouts people do because they'd love to have Cathe's vitality and muscle mass.

For want it's worth, I think Cathe looks more ripped versus more muscular in these photos. She's said in the past that she gets extra lean before filming.
Trixoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-14, 03:18 PM  
edensmom

If you like Cathe and like the sound of the workouts, keep the preorder. The workouts aren't going to give you her body. If not, cancel.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote