Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-14, 08:21 PM  
Alyluna

Mini Trampoline/Rebounder

I've been thinking of getting one as a way to get in some low impact cardio. At 46, I just can't do high impact anymore (or when I do it takes me a week to recover). I have low impact DVDs - a la Cathe F. among others, but even these seem to tax my joints, probably because of the high repetition factor in most.

I remember attending one of the Firm's first group fitness events back in 2002 or '03 and Traci Long held a mini trampoline workout that was so much fun.

I've just started researching and prices vary from $50 - $300. From what I've read, the cheaper ones are stiffer with not a lot of give so only slightly better for joints than jumping on the floor. I would like one with plenty of bounce and joint cushioning but I don't want to pay $300.

I would love to hear from those that have or have had one. Brands, prices, bounce, impact on joints, noise factor, etc. How do you use it - videos, or free form bouncing?

Thanks in advance.

Alexandra
Alyluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-14, 09:08 PM  
katmom

You might review these threads:

http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...light=Bellicon

http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...light=Bellicon
Old 09-28-14, 09:10 PM  
Footballnut

I could have written what you just did practically word for word. LOL. I'm 49 now and have been having the same issues. I just very recently purchased a JumpSport 200 for $199. Free shipping and handling. I like that it is a bungee mini tramp and it is very quiet. It is comfortable for me and my knees don't scream the next day after I use it. I didn't want to spend a ton, but I wanted quality and something quieter, so I went with the JumpSport 200.

http://www.jumpsport.com/Fitness-Trampoline-Model-200

HTH,
Ginger
Old 09-29-14, 07:20 AM  
cyana

Ginger - Glad to hear you're enjoying your JS.

Alexandra - I started out with the Urban Rebounder, using videos, and was very happy with that for a number of years. I started getting interested in bungees when my joints informed me they weren't getting any younger . Just under 2 years ago I purchased the JumpSport 200 when it was a Lightning Deal on Amazon for a steal (I think it was $129) and fell in love with bungee rebounding. My only complaint with my current rebounder is a personal thing....I'd like a larger jumping surface and am strongly considering purchasing the 49" Bellicon. It's a big financial commitment, and one I likely wouldn't have seriously considered had I been new to rebounding. I look at rebounding as something I can do for many years....unlike high impact cardio.

I've been doing higher impact moves on rebounders for years, so I'm very comfortable making any modifications necessary to use my old work-outs. Cathe's IMAX and the Firm Volume 1 are two of the early work-outs I used with my Urban Rebounder. I'd go on and off the rebounder as needed between weight and cardio segments.

These days I tend to freestyle to my own music and make up my own work-outs. I may also do weight/cardio circuits depending on my mood.

I'm jealous that you got to go to one of the early Firm trips!

Good luck with your decision.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-14, 08:52 AM  
TLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyana View Post
Ginger - Glad to hear you're enjoying your JS.

Alexandra - I started out with the Urban Rebounder, using videos, and was very happy with that for a number of years. I started getting interested in bungees when my joints informed me they weren't getting any younger . Just under 2 years ago I purchased the JumpSport 200 when it was a Lightning Deal on Amazon for a steal (I think it was $129) and fell in love with bungee rebounding. My only complaint with my current rebounder is a personal thing....I'd like a larger jumping surface and am strongly considering purchasing the 49" Bellicon. It's a big financial commitment, and one I likely wouldn't have seriously considered had I been new to rebounding. I look at rebounding as something I can do for many years....unlike high impact cardio.

I've been doing higher impact moves on rebounders for years, so I'm very comfortable making any modifications necessary to use my old work-outs. Cathe's IMAX and the Firm Volume 1 are two of the early work-outs I used with my Urban Rebounder. I'd go on and off the rebounder as needed between weight and cardio segments.

These days I tend to freestyle to my own music and make up my own work-outs. I may also do weight/cardio circuits depending on my mood.

I'm jealous that you got to go to one of the early Firm trips!

Good luck with your decision.
I got my JumpSport last year - Amazon lightning deal also. If you can wait until Black Friday / Cyber Monday that's when you can get the best deal.

It's small, but I really like it. Bungees are nice and quiet.

"Try for progress, not perfection" Chris Freytag
TLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-14, 09:04 AM  
Footballnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyana View Post
I started getting interested in bungees when my joints informed me they weren't getting any younger
I love this! My joints and I have been going back and forth for a couple of years now. My joints won! LOL
Old 09-29-14, 10:28 AM  
gladgirl

Just remember....rebounding can become addicting! I have JS bungee and couldn't think of NOT having a bungee rebounder. I had a professional square one w/the springs a long, long time ago...but wouldn't even think of ever getting another spring one for the noise factor alone. Had my JS several years now and it's paid for itself 10x over. The feeling of well-being, the fun put back into cardio, and the grateful joints not talking back to me...priceless!
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-14, 01:06 PM  
Sweetsal

I hate to say it, but I'm a little disappointed in my JS 230f. The bounce is so soft (and therefore SLOW) that I can't use it for follow-along workouts or to fun, up-tempo music. I just bounce while I'm watching TV but it takes FOREVER to rack up steps on my Fitbit. Now I wish I had gotten a Bellicon with the extra-strong cords but I'm not about to spend that until I get some more use out of my JS.
Sweetsal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-14, 01:51 PM  
upperwside

I am the odd one out I guess.. but I never use my bungee rebounder.. I got a jumpsport with springs and like the bounce much better.. even with extra strong cords.. still too soft for me to sprint and run on it. I also have an urban rebounder that I love as well.. but it is noisy and I like to bounce to music..
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-14, 04:13 PM  
horsemom2

If you want a Jumpsport bungee with a firmer bounce, try their PRO mats with 36 cords:

350 39 inch PRO for $340 includes shipping
or
550f 44 inch PRO for $500 includes shipping

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jumpsport, low impact cardio, reboundair, rebounder, rebounding, trampoline