Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-14, 09:44 AM  
spotted zebra

I got to jump on a Jumpsport at Costco as it's sold near where I live and I'm very glad I could see the difference up close firsthand, especially as far as quality. There's also a fitness store in my city selling them now too. Barb, did you ever try a Bellicon in person? No, yet you continue to post online comparisons and reviews to would-be buyers as though you had. You conveniently forget the larger numbers of VFers and even more people away from VF who bought both a JS and Bellicon and preferred the Bellicon. JS is lower quality but still pretty good compared to a spring rebounder because they followed Bellicon's example and offer bungee cords instead of springs for people on a budget. I didn't care as much for the bounce of the JS model I tried (350), nor lower quality overall but at least it didn't squeak. A few people didn't get the right strength cords with Bellicon initially but Bellicon has always offered stronger cords than the ones some people ordered. It's a situation easily remedied and always has been. You just get stronger cords.

Unfortunately numerous people have had quality issues with JS and had to rely heavily on their warranties, even within the first year of buying. So it's good that JS has those much needed warranties and it helps to keep the customer service phone number handy. As long as JS is willing to exchange mats and replace mats that fray, etc, I'm sure some purchasers will be happy. There was an online review/blog by a JS buyer who was extremely unhappy when JS did not honor a warranty for him. It has since been removed so I can only hope the people at JS changed their minds and honored that warranty.

I think it's terrific that JS offers a cheaper alternative and I hope they stay in business for a long time as an alternate bungee rebounder choice for people. Although with each "improvement" they make to try to mimic what Bellicon is already offering, their prices are climbing steadily so at some point, especially when you pay over $500.00, it's worth looking at quality issues too. The bottom line is having a bungee rebounder seems to make a big difference for more people who've chosen to buy one or the other than not (of course a few people won't use any rebounder much, regardless of brand). I agree with Mr. Gruber it's worth going for the best quality you can afford - for some people that will have to be a JS and that's perfectly ok - and reap the benefits of rebounding either way.
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-14, 02:39 PM  
horsemom2

You cannot judge all Jumpsport models by trying one just as you cannot judge all Bellicon models by trying one. The cord tensions can feel quite different depending on your weight, bouncing style, and the mat size.

Also you cannot determine which model may be best for someone with a different medical condition. My feet were not getting the right support from the original 350/370 mat. Thankfully, the PRO mats have enabled painless bouncing again. I would feel really badly if I influenced someone to spend more for a product that may not be their best selection so I am quite vocal about mat tension and foot problems.

ETA: the Costco model is identical to the JS550f PRO according to one of their marketing reps so it is like getting the handlebar free!

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-14, 05:05 PM  
momof10

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotted zebra View Post
I got to jump on a Jumpsport at Costco as it's sold near where I live and I'm very glad I could see the difference up close firsthand, especially as far as quality. There's also a fitness store in my city selling them now too. Barb, did you ever try a Bellicon in person? No, yet you continue to post online comparisons and reviews to would-be buyers as though you had. You conveniently forget the larger numbers of VFers and even more people away from VF who bought both a JS and Bellicon and preferred the Bellicon. JS is lower quality but still pretty good compared to a spring rebounder because they followed Bellicon's example and offer bungee cords instead of springs for people on a budget. I didn't care as much for the bounce of the JS model I tried (350), nor lower quality overall but at least it didn't squeak. A few people didn't get the right strength cords with Bellicon initially but Bellicon has always offered stronger cords than the ones some people ordered. It's a situation easily remedied and always has been. You just get stronger cords.

Unfortunately numerous people have had quality issues with JS and had to rely heavily on their warranties, even within the first year of buying. So it's good that JS has those much needed warranties and it helps to keep the customer service phone number handy. As long as JS is willing to exchange mats and replace mats that fray, etc, I'm sure some purchasers will be happy. There was an online review/blog by a JS buyer who was extremely unhappy when JS did not honor a warranty for him. It has since been removed so I can only hope the people at JS changed their minds and honored that warranty.

I think it's terrific that JS offers a cheaper alternative and I hope they stay in business for a long time as an alternate bungee rebounder choice for people. Although with each "improvement" they make to try to mimic what Bellicon is already offering, their prices are climbing steadily so at some point, especially when you pay over $500.00, it's worth looking at quality issues too. The bottom line is having a bungee rebounder seems to make a big difference for more people who've chosen to buy one or the other than not (of course a few people won't use any rebounder much, regardless of brand). I agree with Mr. Gruber it's worth going for the best quality you can afford - for some people that will have to be a JS and that's perfectly ok - and reap the benefits of rebounding either way.
I agree with you on the Bellicon being the best buy because it is the Mercedes of all rebounders. I have a JS and it isn't even comparable to me to my Bellicon. Even if I had the smaller Bellicon, it wouldn't compare. I got the x-strong cords and I never had the middle sagging even after using it daily for 18 months. I did just purchase a set of x-strong and ultra cords since I have had it for so long. I alternated the cords with x-strong and ultra and the bounce is just a little firmer but not a whole lot of difference. I will be using the extra set I have for my Bellicon at my cottage.

If people can afford it, I personally think the Bellicon is the way to go. It's the best investment I have made in my fitness ever. I am still just as much in love with it as the day I dragged the box down my hill to get it into my basement. 😁
Old 10-07-14, 06:02 PM  
cyana

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof10 View Post
I am still just as much in love with it as the day I dragged the box down my hill to get it into my basement. 😁
Thank goodness you were dragging it down the hill and not the other way around!

By increasing the variety of rebounders available at Costco for mass marketing, I hope more people will become interested in rebounding. With increased demand, hopefully we'll continue to see a growing range of rebounding products geared to all levels.....from the first time rebounder all the way to the connoisseur.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-14, 06:48 PM  
kelsey211
VF Supporter

I'm another one who had the Jumpsport (actually have 2 Jumpsports) before finally buying a Bellicon. Now I wish I had skipped the Jumpsport stage and just splurged on the Bellicon to begin with. Since I rarely used the Jumpsport and am using the Bellicon almost every day, in the long run the Bellicon will end up costing less money on a per use basis. DH is also using the Bellicon almost daily whereas he had refused to use the Jumpsport. I am now planning to buy another Bellicon for my other home because I can’t bear to be away from my Bellicon for too long.

The Jumpsport is good for folks who don’t want to spend more than $200 to $300 for a bungee rebounder. But when you willing to go to the $500+ range, I say go with the best which IMO is the Bellicon. Currently, you can get a 44” Bellicon with orange cords ($50 off on orange cords) for $644 delivered. That’s only about $100 more than the 44” Jumpsport.

I'm also currently annoyed with Jumpsport because I had emailed them about buying a replacement mat and they have yet to respond to me.
Old 10-07-14, 06:54 PM  
Alyluna

It arrived! I'm putting it together now! Wheee!
Alyluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-14, 06:56 PM  
horsemom2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsey211 View Post
The Jumpsport is good for folks who don’t want to spend more than $200 to $300 for a bungee rebounder. But when you willing to go to the $500+ range, I say go with the best which IMO is the Bellicon. Currently, you can get a 44” Bellicon with orange cords ($50 off on orange cords) for $644 delivered. That’s only about $100 more than the 44” Jumpsport.

I'm also currently annoyed with Jumpsport because I had emailed them about buying a replacement mat and they have yet to respond to me.
Another great option is the JS 350 PRO for $340 which will not need new cords or extra cords for 4 years.
(try this email lauren@jumpsport.com since Rachel is out on maternity leave)

Barb S
Old 10-07-14, 07:07 PM  
horsemom2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyluna View Post
It arrived! I'm putting it together now! Wheee!
REMEMBER, to disconnect the bungees on either side of the hinges when unfolding!

Barb S
Old 10-07-14, 07:18 PM  
Alyluna

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsemom2 View Post
REMEMBER, to disconnect the bungees on either side of the hinges when unfolding!

Barb S
Oh, I missed that! Probably why I spent 15 minutes trying to unfold it with no success. Great upper body workout though! I had to get my son to do it and it only took him a couple minutes.

Just did some jacks and tuck jumps on it to test it out. LOVE. Perfect size too!
Alyluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-14, 07:25 PM  
horsemom2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyluna View Post
Oh, I missed that! Probably why I spent 15 minutes trying to unfold it with now success. Great upper body workout though! I had to get my son to do it and it only took him a couple minutes.

Just did some jacks and tuck jumps on it to test it out. LOVE. Perfect size too!
I went flying forward when opening mine and it suddenly gave way. Luckily, I didn't get hurt but another VFer wasn't as lucky. Jumpsport claims it opens easier the next time but I will never fold mine to find out LOL

Barb S

Tags
jumpsport, low impact cardio, reboundair, rebounder, rebounding, trampoline