Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-20-14, 06:24 PM  
momof10

jennifer, I so agree with you and I am an old timer, too. I read these articles and I look back at how I lamented over my perceived body imperfections and all I can think about is how I wasted so much time with that. I didn't really enjoy being young. I took being young and having younger looking skin and in general, my youth. Now that I will be 59 this year, I relish what I have and how I look and feel and I feel freed from all that obsessions with my body. I will be honest also and say that I do look more to the future now and think about what I will look like in 20 years, then I have to let that go and embrace today.

A young woman posted a picture on another fitness forum I go to the other day and on that post, she said everything that was wrong with her body and she was shaming herself for how she looked and when I scrolled down to the picture, none of what she said she had or perceived that she had were even in that picture. I saw a body that was fit with muscle definition without any cellulite and thin legs. Her description had me picturing someone totally different. I feel so bad that some of us women have such a bad opinion of ourselves and compare ourselves to others. It is wasted energy.

Cheryl
Old 07-20-14, 09:15 PM  
Chomper

Thanks, Karie! I enjoyed reading those articles.

I agree that the fitness industry has a dark side. Like any industry, it is about selling products. Fitness, to me, is not about looking good. It is about a feeling of well-being, both physical and mental, and an ability to better function and live my life.

And cellulite is normal even on fit women with relatively low body fat. It is about skin quality, and I am doing my best to get over it.
Chomper is offline   Reply With Quote