Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion > Workout/Fitness FAQs

Old 10-02-04, 02:42 PM  
Katharine

I totally interpretted this question differently: international travel and DVDs. I look for DVDs that aren't regionally coded, because I live 8 months of the year in Taiwan (NTSC, like N. America) and 4 months in Europe (PAL). Cathe doesn't regionally code--yay! Also I tried Firm DVDs in both places--they worked. Now I check before buying, it's not accidental. Collage puts a (1) after the copyright date to indicate it's NTSC/region 1, N. America. If there's no number it's not coded. Two days ago I treated myself to new DVDs and none were coded--it seems to be going out of style, thank goodness.

BUT when I travelled in America I LOVED Urban Tai Ch'i. The fun factor is high. Charlene Prickett has intense, low impact videos that don't take up much space in the workout. She has a chatty style that isn't for everyone--I love her though. I *wish* UTC, vintage Charlene low impact, and Donna-Mite were out on (non-regionally coded!) DVD. I'd snap them UP!

DVDs are excellent for travel cardio if you have a laptop with a DVD player, or lodging with a DVD. Bring them in a travel CD case.

Recently I did weights while travelling by using my backpack. On, it's good for squats (light weight ones). Off, it substitutes as an wonky handweight. You might have to stand on a chair or the bed to make sure the backpack doesn't go on the floor while you're in your working range of motion. Ya know? Like I did bicep curls and midway through it got sooo easy--hey, the backpack is on the floor!
Old 09-06-11, 01:45 PM  
donnamp

Kelly Coffey Meyer's Body Training would be great for travel- a standing section that is lower body focused (and also gives a mild cardio effect) and a floor section that incorporates lower, upper and abs. There are also some pre-mixes on the DVD as well. Doesn't use up much space, either!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-11, 03:53 PM  
LynnO
VF Supporter

Men's Health Body Weight Circuits - you can buy it from itunes and put it on your ipod! A bit small, but it works.

And there is Cathe's Travel Fit, which I find kind of meh.

And if you can stream, liveexercise.com need a band for these.
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-11, 06:24 PM  
jacs

I find the powefits great, they only use a band and because they are short you can mix and match. It is only really strength that is challenging, there are lots of great cardio options.

Jacqui
jacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-11, 11:45 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Wow, this thread was nearly a decade in the making!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-11, 09:26 AM  
donnamp

Wow! I didn't realize it started in 2002!!!
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-11, 06:12 PM  
ncl

My favorite travel workouts:

iTrain iTread outdoors (program on your ipod to run or walk to outside)
iTrain iSculpt traditional #12, (circuit with instructor Mimi with no equipment necessary)
Jillian Burn Fat Boost Metabolism (no equipment)
yoga workouts
Powerstrike 4, 5, 6 (require no equipment)
Cathe's Travelfit (need a band...I like this one)
Cathe's Kick Punch and Crunch
ab workouts that require no equipment (there's lots of these)

If you have access in a hotel to basic cardio equipment, the iTrains would be good for that, too.
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
faq, travel, travel workouts, travelling, trish muse